2009 NBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 NBA Draft

The 2009 NBA draft is turning out to be a very good year in terms of quality NBA players with lots of potential. This Draft has produced a superstar in Griffin, some game changers in tyreke evans and steph curry, as well as potential starts such as ricky rubio demar derozan terrance williams, as well as very quality point guards such as drew holiday brandon jennings and johnny flynn. Finally it has produced a bust in thabeet.

http://www.nba.com/draft2009/

I know its still early to tell but browsing through the list of players in the 09 draft I beleive Colangelo absolutly stole Derozan and if the draft was to be taken over theres no way Derzoan slips to #9 he possibly could be the second pick if the draft was taken over again. What do you guys think?

del usi ona l

Comment

why not 1st overall ?

Comment

I say the jury is still out on the 2009 draft and Demar Derozan as a steal at the 9th position. At this point Demar is not a steal but a work in progress player.

I would argue that this was the draft to steal a pretty good point guard.

Good point guards drafted after Demar Derozan: Brandon Jennings, Jrue Holiday and Darron Collison.

I would give Demar till the end of 2011-2012 season to prove himself.

Comment

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
          why not 1st overall ?
          Here's why

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aspCHyeOLPQ

Comment

I would still take Jennings in a heartbeat.
            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Jordan Hill seems good as well...with minutes he have.

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                The 2009 NBA draft is turning out to be a very good year in terms of quality NBA players with lots of potential. This Draft has produced a superstar in Griffin, some game changers in tyreke evans and steph curry, as well as potential starts such as ricky rubio demar derozan terrance williams, as well as very quality point guards such as drew holiday brandon jennings and johnny flynn. Finally it has produced a bust in thabeet.

http://www.nba.com/draft2009/

I know its still early to tell but browsing through the list of players in the 09 draft I beleive Colangelo absolutly stole Derozan and if the draft was to be taken over theres no way Derzoan slips to #9 he possibly could be the second pick if the draft was taken over again. What do you guys think?
                waaaaaaaatttttttt ??????

Comment

Don't make too much of DeRozan just yet, he still hasn't added the single most important piece of any NBA player's game, consistency. Without that you can't even think of calling him a star, let alone an above average NBA player. If he even starts bringing it every game like a real franchise player, then you can excited.

Comment

^ I agree... a starter / "all-star" must contain a certain consistency... it took bargnani 3ish years to become "more" consistent... in points i mean... but rebounding..not so much.

It takes Demar some time

Comment

not second. 9th was probably right. Maybe 8th.

Comment

We should of took Holiday...

Jrue Holiday 14.3 PT .434 of 12.5 FG .792 of 3.1 FT .337 of 2.9 3P 3.8/1.0 RB 6.47 AS 0.32 BL 1.29 ST 2.71 TO 2.88 PF 34.6 MN 34/34 GS
                        He's only 20 right now (19 when he was drafted) and he's already playing great. In a couple of seasons he's going to be a really good PG (solid starter and maybe an allstar if everything goes right).
                        Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Tue Jan 4, 2011, 06:46 AM.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                          We should of took Holiday...
                          I agree, completely.

Comment

Working...
                          X