Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which players would you like to see in a raptors uniform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jrdyck wrote: View Post
    matt bonner and only matt bonner.
    nice! +1

Comment

There's no way in hell we'd get a guy like durant or howard.
      Why not? That's loser talk. Miami fans probably thought there was no way in hell Bosh and Lebron would go there, or even that Wade would stay there.

Comment

Paradigm Shift wrote: View Post
        From CBS re. Rockets: "Buyout buyers or sellers? Buyers. A candidate to be acquired: Reggie Evans. If the Rockets are able to turn Yao Ming's expiring contract into an asset or two, they could be a late riser in the West."

Of course that's pure speculation (or less) but it would rank Yao, with Hakeem and Alonzo, as one of the greatest centres in Raptors franchise history!
        Zo never even stepped foot in the raps dressing room & hakeem played like what 45min for us. they were great players in there day but were far from the best centers we had... Hoffa produced more for us then these 2 combined... & Yao would be the dumbest signing ever.....

id like to see..

Nash
        Gasol
        Perkins
        Paul
        J.Smith
        Chandler

Comment

Juan Dixon

Comment

Joel Bosh

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
              Zo never even stepped foot in the raps dressing room & hakeem played like what 45min for us. they were great players in there day but were far from the best centers we had... Hoffa produced more for us then these 2 combined... & Yao would be the dumbest signing ever.....
              That was kinda my point.... that I would expect Yao's performance on the Raps to be as inconsequential as Zo & Hakeem

Comment

What about Marvin Williams? No one's really mentioned him. He has been a bit of a disapointment, but he's still fairly young and has at least shown an up side... who knows.

AND who said Hoffa was as good as Hakeem was for us? The Dream put up 7pts, 6rbs and 1.5bpg in 20 mins of action. Not spectacular, but those are numbers Hoffa could only dream about. Not to mention he'd still be in the L if he could stay on the court 20min a game! hah

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                  Joel Bosh
                  +1

filthy c**

Comment

Paradigm Shift wrote: View Post
                    That was kinda my point.... that I would expect Yao's performance on the Raps to be as inconsequential as Zo & Hakeem
                    This season is obviously a write-off, but if we can get Yao for 6-7 mil it might be worth the gamble for next year. He is a dominant center when healthy. Plus the Raptors will gain a huge following overseas and put the team on the world wide map. Other FA's may want to consider signing with the Raptors to get that same kind of attention. Look at TMAC's all-star votes when he went to the Rockets. We can even have some performance clauses in his contract. He can backup Bargs. Imagine having Yao as a backup? If Yao played for us.. I bet Bargs would be a starting all-star.

It's a gamble, but if the contract is right it could be worth it. Yao is still young. He's only 30. Bigs can have long careers, and if the last surgery works out, he could be a steal. He's not Hakeem who was on the verge of retirement. And Yao has far more class then Zo. Yao will play for us. He'd appreciate that we wanted him.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      This season is obviously a write-off, but if we can get Yao for 6-7 mil it might be worth the gamble for next year. He is a dominant center when healthy. Plus the Raptors will gain a huge following overseas and put the team on the world wide map. Other FA's may want to consider signing with the Raptors to get that same kind of attention. Look at TMAC's all-star votes when he went to the Rockets. We can even have some performance clauses in his contract. He can backup Bargs. Imagine having Yao as a backup? If Yao played for us.. I bet Bargs would be a starting all-star.

It's a gamble, but if the contract is right it could be worth it. Yao is still young. He's only 30. Bigs can have long careers, and if the last surgery works out, he could be a steal. He's not Hakeem who was on the verge of retirement. And Yao has far more class then Zo. Yao will play for us. He'd appreciate that we wanted him.
                      Dude you could argue the same for Oden, hell, even Jermaine O'Neal..or Reggie.. the whole "when healthy" variable is not something this team needs to deal with. We are building a young team, draft picks and smart trades for key component players like bayless, barbo, etc, will help us grow over a 2-3 yr period. We don't need another brash "swing for the fence" move by Bryco that could end up in disaster.

We do need some Pooh Jeter tho.

Comment

I think it can't be discounted that Ilgauskas was written off yeears ago because of injuries and has continued to play and be a steady contributer. I'm not saying lets go after Yao. I'm not. But again, its possible for him to come back and be effective.

Comment

Anyone see Tristan Thompsons game the other day against Texas Tech? Dudes coming along real nicely. Lottery pick for SURE. Not sure why more people around these parts aren't talking about him and Cory Joseph. Lighting it up for one of the best teams in the country. I'd love to see him in a Raps uni. Going to be a Jeff Green type player. Maybe less of a shooter and more of a body though. Which we need.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                            Chris Bosh.
                            HAH. HAH. hah. You should do stand up.

Comment

Working...
                            X