Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prediction vs ATL: King Bargs and DD go to Work

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Prediction vs ATL: King Bargs and DD go to Work

    Could we actually flush out a win against the Hawks?

    I remember after one Raptors win against ATL 1 or 2 yrs ago, Raps TV was interviewing Mike Bibby in the locker room. He looked pissed, and dropped the comment "I'm not afraid of Chris Bosh". He looked like a stone cold killer and was intent on smashing the microphone into the reporters face. Do you think he's afraid of Bargs? DD? Err....Joey Dorsey?

    Anyways...

    I got King Bargs going 30 pts, 8 rebs, and Prince Dero going 28 and 2 rebs FTW vs a very tough ATL team.

    Any predictions?

  • #2
    I really hope we can knock this hawks team off our backs. this seems like a team that intimidates the raptors more than really outplay them. If the boys in red can clamp down and our 2 golden boys can have good games offensively, i don't see why we can't steal a game.

    Comment


    • #3
      You've got to be kidding me

      Here's another Multipaul thread. Sorry man i think your predictions were for last game. Do you really think that were going to get the same productivity against a much tougher opponent? On a side note, what make you think that Bargs is the King around Raptorville? Honestly, i have much more faith in DeRozan. He's shown way more than Bargnani has in his sophmore year. I'd trade Andrea if i was desperate to rebuild OR I'd move him to the 4 and draft a legit big man. Personally I can't say I dont like his game, I love the way he can ball on some nights. He can be a very usefull asset down the road for this team. In the meantime i think if DeMar can continue to improve, i feel safer putting this club's future in DeMar's hands than Andrea.
      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
        Here's another Multipaul thread. Sorry man i think your predictions were for last game. Do you really think that were going to get the same productivity against a much tougher opponent? On a side note, what make you think that Bargs is the King around Raptorville? Honestly, i have much more faith in DeRozan. He's shown way more than Bargnani has in his sophmore year. I'd trade Andrea if i was desperate to rebuild OR I'd move him to the 4 and draft a legit big man. Personally I can't say I dont like his game, I love the way he can ball on some nights. He can be a very usefull asset down the road for this team. In the meantime i think if DeMar can continue to improve, i feel safer putting this club's future in DeMar's hands than Andrea.
        Well, you could have just said you don't think we will win. Trade talk, who is better than who, make a new post, see how it goes.

        Comment


        • #5
          Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
          Here's another Multipaul thread. Sorry man i think your predictions were for last game. Do you really think that were going to get the same productivity against a much tougher opponent? On a side note, what make you think that Bargs is the King around Raptorville? Honestly, i have much more faith in DeRozan. He's shown way more than Bargnani has in his sophmore year. I'd trade Andrea if i was desperate to rebuild OR I'd move him to the 4 and draft a legit big man. Personally I can't say I dont like his game, I love the way he can ball on some nights. He can be a very usefull asset down the road for this team. In the meantime i think if DeMar can continue to improve, i feel safer putting this club's future in DeMar's hands than Andrea.
          Bargs dropped 23 in vs chicago, 29 vs Boston, 27 vs orlando....so doesnt matter whoever they play, the only reason why he wont score is if he's injured or just having a bad shooting night. but lately he seems to go to the basket more or take pull-ups rather than jumpshots. same with demar, 23 vs lakers, 26 vs orlando. just a matter of them being aggressive and not lazy.

          well, if you dont think bargs is the king here then youre not watching the games. even i cringe at the thought that he is the king around here, but he is. he gets the most shots, most iso's which means more plays are drawn up for him and he gets the ball in crunchtime. hard to admit, but he is the king, as of now.

          i think most people like demar because he's a human highlight reel, but if you get down to the nitty-gritty, andrea puts more stats on the board, eventhough theyre not stellar stats, he's till more busy compared to demar. theyre actually not comparable since theyre different position but just for the sake of argument. demar still needs to work on his other skillsets (rebs, stls) but his scoring is pretty much on the right path.
          Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 02:32 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Unfortunately, Bargnani doesn't usually fare well vs. the Hawks... 11.7 PPG over his career, the lowest vs. any team other than the Blazers. Seems like Horford is always a tough matchup for him. Hopefully that changes tonight though.

            DeRozan I think has the better chance to go off... Marvin the Martian and JJ aren't the quickest players in the world so if DeMar can break them off the bounce, he could be able to draw some early fouls on Horford/J.Smith.

            And for the record, I like Multipaul's threads. They actually incite positive discussion.

            Comment


            • #7
              jrdyck wrote: View Post
              Unfortunately, Bargnani doesn't usually fare well vs. the Hawks... 11.7 PPG over his career, the lowest vs. any team other than the Blazers. Seems like Horford is always a tough matchup for him. Hopefully that changes tonight though.

              DeRozan I think has the better chance to go off... Marvin the Martian and JJ aren't the quickest players in the world so if DeMar can break them off the bounce, he could be able to draw some early fouls on Horford/J.Smith.

              And for the record, I like Multipaul's threads. They actually incite positive discussion.
              LOL, Marvin the Martian. Good one.

              Comment


              • #8
                The spread's only -4 for Atlanta but I doubt the boys keep it close, home court or not. The Hawks always eat Bargnani for breakfast.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm hoping Sunday afternoon's close call gave them a kick. It's already "must win" time. And next week's schedule does not bode well. I will be very surprised if pull out a win but at the same time, it's not impossible.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    What I'm really liking about Demars game in the last little while is that he hasn't been doing anything that he can't do on regular basis. He hasn't been relying on a hot hand from deep that will eventually fizzle. He's not getting lucky calls or easy matchups.
                    This is turning into something thats he KNOWS he can do everynight. Hot hand/ Lucky calls or not.
                    Him being agressive is something he can do whether he's on or not.
                    Thats what make will make him slightly more valuable then alot of young jumpshooters in the league, if he can do that every time he touches the ball.

                    UPDATE: During the game they pointed out that in the past however many games, Derozan is leading the Sophomore class in scoring. Dig it.
                    Last edited by Joey; Wed Jan 12th, 2011, 07:32 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I have a prediction.... Pain.

                      Oh, and Demar and Andrea get less boards than either Josh Smith or Al Horford...

                      And Demar and Andrea combine for less than 35 points.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Bayless with the Two-Handed Tomahawk!! Kaboom!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It is only half time but if Bayless (2) and Barbosa (1) made their layups and DeRozan made that dunk, Raps lead. The Raps aren't good enough to miss the 'gimmies'.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            Bayless with the Two-Handed Tomahawk!! Kaboom!!
                            Yeah that was impressive. So was Barbosa's. The only reason he dunks that is because he knows Josh Smith is looking to pin the ball on the backboard.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Yeah that was impressive. So was Barbosa's. The only reason he dunks that is because he knows Josh Smith is looking to pin the ball on the backboard.
                              When he was running up with Smith behind him I was yelling at him to dunk. He heard me. hahah

                              How bout that Zone defense causing 3 straight turnovers? They were showing lots of Energy in the Zone. Jay has been smart using the Zone off and on this year. Catches teams off guard.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X