No announcement yet.

Zac Jackson Of Fox Sports Thinks DeRozan Might Be A Star In Two Or Three Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zac Jackson Of Fox Sports Thinks DeRozan Might Be A Star In Two Or Three Years

Still hampered by injuries and a lack of players most here in the States have ever heard of, the Raptors are at least finding ways to beat other bad teams and be competitive on most nights. They play an exciting brand of basketball and are seeing real growth from DeMar DeRozan, who might be a star in two or three years.
    Source: Fox Sports
    Yes
    66.67%
    No
    33.33%

Not a star, but a good player definitely. He is young, has great potential, athleticism, and has great size he can work with.

Comment

Damn we just needed him to be fundamentally sound last night.

Comment

Not a star, but his work ethic bodes well for him becoming a reliable offensive player. Rebounding, defense, mid-range/long-range game are all still question marks. He's played very well as of late (not last night against the Hawks, however), but overall I'd still say his performance this season has been just slightly below my expectation.

Comment

Why are you guys saying "Not a Star". Why not? He's 21 years old and has already shown a tenacity that can only build more confidence in what he's doing. He's shown that he can stick the 15-20 footer with quasi-consistency. He's shown that he can pretty much beat anyone off the dribble at this point. He has shown an improved handle, as he takes guys off the dribble more an more. And he will only get better. He's a solid free-throw shooter. Shoots a high percentage from the field. These are things that you need, and expect, from a VERY GOOD player. The difference between a 'Star' and what I just described, are not that far apart. And with his exciting, high flying, acrobatic nature, a Star is surely being born before our eyes.

Comment

I said not a star, if we look at star meaning an allstar selection I feel I am right on this. I think he will continue to develop and become a very nice player, but he will not be headed to allstar weekend any time soon. I think we through the word "star" around to easily, guys like Wade and Kobe are star 2 guards, DeRozan will not be on their level. Monta Ellis, Eric Gordon, and Kevin Martin all put up better numbers on equally bad teams, are they stars....maybe Monta gets the nod this year.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

There are lots of guys around the league who are considered stars but have never played in an all-star game. "All-Star" to me means the best stars out of all the stars. Just like when guys get selected for the all defense team it doesn't mean that only those five guys play defense in the NBA. Wade and Kobe are Superstars.

Comment

Star might be a bit too much, but I think DeRozan will be a very good player. He could elevate his status to "star" should he extend his range out to 3-pt territory and if he tightens up his handle.

Comment

DeMar is a star on the rise. He has improved tremendously from his rookie year and is still one of the leagues youngest players. There is nothing to indicate he won't continue to increase his ppg for a few more years and even round out his game as he continues to grow.

Comment

I don't care if a player is a star or not. All I see is a 21 year old kid making strides. Look at his stats from last year then this...last year..now...this year's.

If you see improvement in his game and see the benefit that brings to the team good. If not then bad. Terms like "star" are for the media to decide and we've already seen that they take their sweet time acknowledging players up here.

Comment

Copywryter wrote: View Post
                      Not a star, but his work ethic bodes well for him becoming a reliable offensive player. Rebounding, defense, mid-range/long-range game are all still question marks. He's played very well as of late (not last night against the Hawks, however), but overall I'd still say his performance this season has been just slightly below my expectation.
                      HAHAHA r u serious. below your expectatin? holy fuck.... you realize he is the leading scoring sohmore this year right ? he is also 21... he had one low scoring game now all of a sudden ppl are hating on him. i bet if this forum went up two days ago everyone would have been on the Demar bandwagon.. seesh...

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        22.7 ppg, 52% fg, 84% ft, 3.6 reb, 2.1 ast, 3.0 to, 1.0 stl, 0.9 blk, 3.1 pf
                        Link

That's excluding last night's game.

Comment

i
                          WJF wrote: View Post
                          I said not a star, if we look at star meaning an allstar selection I feel I am right on this. I think he will continue to develop and become a very nice player, but he will not be headed to allstar weekend any time soon. I think we through the word "star" around to easily, guys like Wade and Kobe are star 2 guards, DeRozan will not be on their level. Monta Ellis, Eric Gordon, and Kevin Martin all put up better numbers on equally bad teams, are they stars....maybe Monta gets the nod is year.
                          man the all-star ame is BS and numbers have very little to do with it.

Comment

If Bargnani is now considered a star, then we can say the same for Demar (in a few years). Jamison, Butler, Marion they've all been all-stars in the past, why can't Demar have a better career?
                            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                            X