Colangelo Just Interviewed In The Tunnel By Rod Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mack North wrote: View Post
    There's really not too many guys in the FA market I see being a great fit for the Raps and their team as is... I'm hoping he makes a trade before the deadline or around draft time to get a true impact player or two.

As far as his interview, he basically said what he always does... nothing!
    I probably say this too much but I think Jeff Green and Marc Gasol would be great fits here. Obviously they are both highly unlikely.

I agree 100% on the saying nothing. A lot of words with very little insight, however, you can't fault the guy for keeping everything tight lipped.

Comment

Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
      Its not that I dont believe that BC is rebuilding, they obviously are...but there are a couple of things that bug me:

1) How do you explain signing David Anderson and chasing Dampier? How is that consistant with rebuilding? Does that mean he actually came into this season with a plan other than rebuilding?

To a lesser extent signing Kleiza too (though that might be explained by they have a legitimate hole at SF) still that move doesn't sit well wit me. But can someone offer any explanation about the other moves?

2) Also I am 100% POSITIVE I heard Triano say in an interview, when Ed Davis was starting the season "we're not going to play Ed Davis if he's making mistakes out there at the expense of other guys' minutes". The head coach said this!!!!!

I will find the interview if there is a demand to do so....but how do you explain such inconsistancies with the signings/head coach and rebuilding?
      number 2. he is reetooling lol
      ya dun noe

Comment

djsunyc wrote: View Post
        we acquired david anderson via a TPE to houston. it saved them some tax implications and they paid most of his salary.

why did we make the move? b/c you can't combine a TPE with players in making a trade. b/c we got david anderson...we were able to pair him with jarret jack to get bayless + wright. if no david anderson, we would still have a $2 mil TPE but can't use it and the bayless deal would not have happened.
        In all fairness, Anderson was providing excellent for support at the center position as Bargs 2.0. He was actually more than adequate.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I probably say this too much but I think Jeff Green and Marc Gasol would be great fits here. Obviously they are both highly unlikely.

I agree 100% on the saying nothing. A lot of words with very little insight, however, you can't fault the guy for keeping everything tight lipped.
          There was a news feed on RealGM this week stating that Gasol was going no where. I think a guy like Kaman would be easier to land than Marc Gasol at this point.

Comment

Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
            Let say the Raps had signed Dampier for this season....
            How many minutes would Ed Davis be getting per game? Thats what does not make sense to me.
            Davis was out to start season. Dampier could have been useful in acquiring a draft pick at the trade deadline for a playoff team looking for depth at C. On a minimum contract it would not have been a horrible move but I agree it would have taken minutes away from ED.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              For those not watching the game...

- He struggles with the losing but the young guys are getting a chance to grow.
              - He said they're rebuilding/retooling. He called them one in the same.
              - In the past they built around one player, Chris Bosh but now they're building around a core group of guys.
              - He said that they have no All-star and that hurts. Bargnani is the closest thing they have and it's going to be nice to see DeMar in the rookie/sophomore game.
              - He emphasized the importance of the draft and free agency.
              - He mentioned the flexibility they'll have in the summer. To paraphrase, with the uncertainty of the new CBA, it's great to have the flexibility we have.
              - He then mentioned the trade deadline but did not sound too committed to getting a deal done besides saying he's always proactive on the trade front.

I kind of got the feeling that he's not fond on the idea of moving the TPE or Peja's expiring contract. It sounds like he's focused on:
              A.) Getting the young guys experience this season.
              B.) Using the two 1st rounders to bring in more young talent.
              C.) Use their flexibility in summer free agency
              D.) Maybe get some sort of trade done before the trade deadline but in my opinion, nothing involving the TPE or Peja.

It sounds like a real deal rebuild and he said it was. Sounds like lots more losing to come this season but lots of excitement this summer.
              i would say lotss more losing this season and next and excitement to come next summer
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                i would say lotss more losing this season and next and excitement to come next summer
                THat could be a real possibility. Even the Sonics/Thunder dropped 11 wins AFTER they drafted Durant and Green (31-51, 20-62). They only managed 23-59 with Durant and Green in year 2 and after drafting Russell Westbrook.

Comment

Working...
                X