Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Harrington available, thoughts?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Al Harrington available, thoughts?

    its being reported that denver wanted to dump harrington's big contract along with the big carmelo deal. should this be an opprotunity for toronto to jump on? 27$ [non guarenteed] over four years, back loaded. Since most people doubt peja will be with the raptors for much longer, that would make a lot of salary space to use on players.

  • #2
    sweet jesus no
    @sweatpantsjer

    Comment


    • #3
      no friggin way.

      Comment


      • #4
        damnit phez, I hope Bryan doesn't see this, cause if we get Harrington I'm coming to your house.

        Comment


        • #5
          ceez wrote: View Post
          sweet jesus no
          Correction - "On God's Sweet Earth, Sweet Jesus, Hell to the No".

          Comment


          • #6
            Harrington is always available.

            There must be a reason.

            He is not the type of player that you want to play big minutes if you are looking to build a solid playoff team.

            I see him as a situational bench player on a solid playoff team but no more than that.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

            Memories some so sweet, indeed

            Larger Photo of the avatar



            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

            Comment


            • #7
              let's do it! while we're at it let's sign Hoffa and Patrick O'Bryant

              Comment


              • #8
                Durring the offseason Denver had the rights to lineus Kleiza. We offered a 20 mill contract to him while he was an RFA. Instead of matching it and keeping a reserve forward for themselves they let him walk and signed Big Al for more money. Now they realized their mistake. My question is why should we pay for Denver to fix its mistake and learn its lesson.
                What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

                From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

                Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I like Harrington and you guys are hating on him. He is solid.

                  That said, I don't think the Raptors need another SF/PF guy. Nothing against Harrington, just the situation. But I think his game is underrated. He is a beast and his play justifies his salary. He is getting something equivalent to Amir's contract. Makes Calderon's salary even more ridiculous.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    666 wrote: View Post
                    I like Harrington and you guys are hating on him. He is solid.

                    That said, I don't think the Raptors need another SF/PF guy. Nothing against Harrington, just the situation. But I think his game is underrated. He is a beast and his play justifies his salary.
                    I are happy that you like him.

                    The fact that the guy has been with five teams in the last six seasons and is now looking to maybe move to another team again says something about him as a player and it isn't anything positive.

                    He is way too expensive for a rent a role player.

                    For the vets minimum he would be a good pickup
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

                    Memories some so sweet, indeed

                    Larger Photo of the avatar



                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                      I are happy that you like him.

                      The fact that the guy has been with five teams in the last six seasons and is now looking to maybe move to another team again says something about him as a player and it isn't anything positive.

                      He is way too expensive for a rent a role player.

                      For the vets minimum he would be a good pickup
                      I don't want him on Toronto because its a bad fit and it doesnt have to do with his play or personality. I'm also a Knicks fan and he never had any problems in NY. Yes he's been in the league for over 12 years and has played on five different teams. It's not his personality that people are worried about. Mutombo played for six teams and he was a great teammate. He just gets shuffled a lot. No player will stay long in GSW or NY anyway.

                      Financially he is a better value than Amir and especailly Jose Calderon. But Toronto already has too many SFs and PFs.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        phez wrote: View Post
                        its being reported that denver wanted to dump harrington's big contract along with the big carmelo deal. should this be an opprotunity for toronto to jump on? 27$ [non guarenteed] over four years, back loaded. Since most people doubt peja will be with the raptors for much longer, that would make a lot of salary space to use on players.
                        What do you mean "non-guaranteed". There is no such thing in the NBA. Harrington is due that cake no matter. I understand the Melo deal is being held up due to Denver wanting to unload this contract to the Nets as well...and NJ is balking. Now why would this be if the contract is non-guaranteed?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          -______________________-, after some long thoughtful thinking (4 secs)..... no.....

                          No big or long contracts should be added to wat we already have, specially not Al..... He may make us bttr ( purely cause he would be replacing an "injured" peja).... not gonna make us good enuff for playoffs probably and we end with a contract where he is overpaid and can be saved for someone more worth it.... unless somehow he can be flipped for something bttr, or ty lawson was include 0_0

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                            Correction - "On God's Sweet Earth, Sweet Jesus, Hell to the No".
                            +1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              no thx next ?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X