i look at gaines and i see the perfect backup pg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i look at gaines and i see the perfect backup pg

where's the idiots saying he was a bad signing now?
    @sweatpantsjer

I'm curious whats makes him 'the perfect' back-up PG, in your eyes?

I never once said he was a 'bad signing'; but after one game, (14 minutes, 3 shots and 2 assists ) there's nothing really jumping out at me that screams 'Perfect Backup PG' ....
    Don't think it's really fair to call anyone an 'idiot' on this one quite yet, ceez.

Comment

meant 3rd pg but the thought remains
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Back up? No.

Third string? Quite possibly.

After only 1 practice and 2 games the sample size is quite small and the jury is still out. I would feel confident wagering he is signed to a second 10 day contract though.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          meant 3rd pg but the thought remains
          Who's the idiot now?

Comment

I still say Derrick Martin was the Perfect Third String PG.
            Who wants to fight me on it? hahah

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              I still say Derrick Martin was the Perfect Third String PG.
              Who wants to fight me on it? hahah
              Antonio Daniels owns them all. I heard he is still around. I have fond memories of the vancouver grizzlies

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                Antonio Daniels owns them all. I heard he is still around. I have fond memories of the vancouver grizzlies
                Can't argue, but he was a legit 2nd PG for a while. Not sure DMart ever had that distinction. And Daniels was never a Rap. But Grizzlies are fair play. So I suppose its legit. hah

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  Can't argue, but he was a legit 2nd PG for a while. Not sure DMart ever had that distinction. And Daniels was never a Rap. But Grizzlies are fair play. So I suppose its legit. hah
                  Oh come on, you can't be leaving out "Rockin'" Roko Uuuuuuuuuuuuuukic
                  #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

RPT23 wrote: View Post
                    Oh come on, you can't be leaving out "Rockin'" Roko Uuuuuuuuuuuuuukic
                    roko sucks major penis when it came to defending, thats why hes overseas now
                    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

from what ive seen the past 2 games, gaines can be a good enough backup to Jose.
                      I guess we all said the same thing about bayless, until he realized that he was kobe in a past life and started focusing on scoring rather than running the team.
                      again based on what ive seen, he could be a better, younger marcus banks.
                      when needed, can play the point, very quick 1st step, body up defender but too small tho.
                      can be a good combination with bayless offensively, but im not sure defensively.

Comment

I would love for Gaines to be signed as a 3rd string PG/SG. I've got a soft-spot for D-league call ups, underdogs in general. If you can fill any 3rd string position with a functional, professional, somewhat dynamic player such as Gaines, you've scored a big win (as far as big wins in the 3rd string department goes). Also, my wife, who really couldn't care less about hoops, likes his story, so anything that helps her get at all interested in watching Raps' games is a plus. Jamario Moon was good for this a few years back. Too bad I hate him.

Comment

Gaines is now the new back up? Toss Bayless?

Raptors fans give new meaning to the phrase: "What have you done for me lately?"

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Gaines is now the new back up? Toss Bayless?

Raptors fans give new meaning to the phrase: "What have you done for me lately?"
                            Tell me about it!! Unbelievable, isn't it? When Bayless won that game against Detroit everyone was calling for him to start. Sheesh.

Though ceez does clarify above, after I asked him to, and he meant to say 'Backup to the Backup PG'. Which I suppose is fine.

I actually really liked Marcus Banks as a third string.
                            But like I also said, Derrick Martin is still the ultimate 'Backup to the Backup'.
                            Last edited by Joey; Tue Jan 18, 2011, 06:50 PM.

Comment

As nice as it is to have more young talent I would prefer to have a vet in the 3rd pg spot. In particular, I want a vet who has the ears of the players and is willing to sacrifice his game for the younger players. Probably a former starter at the end of his career.

Comment

Working...
                              X