Screwed by refs again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    But when you consider that Dirk has consistently lead his team to Post-Season success and is a former MVP of the league... than you look at what Brand has done... put up some numbers... and its gets a little less hard. Not to mention Dirk has been a consistent 10 rebound guy for a loong time.

I wouldn't have taken BRoy or Aldridge over Bargs.
    Are you nuts??? Broy is ALL NBA level talent if not for the injuries this year! He's a better scorer, passer, defender and rebounder and has lead his team to 50 win seasons and the playoffs despite getting nothing from GO and usually having no post players due to injury. and that's in the West!

Andrea has done NOTHING in his career. He still doesn't rebound or play a lick of D and has only this year become a trustworthy scoring threat on a team devoid of anyone else with a decent touch. If either of you actually believe this nonesense about Bargs being better than BR you are off your rockers and need to watch other teams in this league play, not just when they play the raps.

Getting back to Brand vs Dirk. Dirk did in an MVP but also played with better talent than Brand. As for his rebounding Dirk has never averaged 10 boards. In all fairness he came close 3 times (9.9 in both 01-02/, 02/03 and 9.7 in 04/05) but for his career (on a team that has often played small mind you) he's at 8.5 (7.7 this year) with a nice bump in the playoffs (10.9). You can't argue that his teams have done better than EB's but if you were building a team around either guy in their prime and believe that Defense Wins Championships, then you are looking at EB.

It's all a mute point as Injuries have destroyed Elton Brand and really you can't go wrong picking Dirk but in your original post you made it seem like a no brainer, which is isn't.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
      Bargs is better than BRoy and Aldridge combined.
      Biggest homer comment of all time.
      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
        Are you nuts??? Broy is ALL NBA level talent if not for the injuries this year! He's a better scorer, passer, defender and rebounder and has lead his team to 50 win seasons and the playoffs despite getting nothing from GO and usually having no post players due to injury. and that's in the West!

Andrea has done NOTHING in his career. He still doesn't rebound or play a lick of D and has only this year become a trustworthy scoring threat on a team devoid of anyone else with a decent touch. If either of you actually believe this nonesense about Bargs being better than BR you are off your rockers and need to watch other teams in this league play, not just when they play the raps.

Getting back to Brand vs Dirk. Dirk did in an MVP but also played with better talent than Brand. As for his rebounding Dirk has never averaged 10 boards. In all fairness he came close 3 times (9.9 in both 01-02/, 02/03 and 9.7 in 04/05) but for his career (on a team that has often played small mind you) he's at 8.5 (7.7 this year) with a nice bump in the playoffs (10.9). You can't argue that his teams have done better than EB's but if you were building a team around either guy in their prime and believe that Defense Wins Championships, then you are looking at EB.

It's all a mute point as Injuries have destroyed Elton Brand and really you can't go wrong picking Dirk but in your original post you made it seem like a no brainer, which is isn't.
        I'm not nuts. No. Brandon Roys career as we knew it, is over. He will never be the same player he was. Bargnani, on the other hand, has never really dealt with ANY major injuries, and will continue to improve upon his stellar FIRST year of being the #1 option. BRoy had that luxury since the day he entered the league. I never once said he was better, I just said I'd rather have him on my team.

You need to stop calling people names based on their opinion. Thank you.

As for Dirk vs. EB, I could have used the comparison of Dirk vs. Eddy Curry, but figured I'd at least make it fair.
        To say that Amir/Davis will be able to replace Bargnani's scoring (which is where all of this started) is such an oversite, and doesn't really take in the consideration the TYPE of player Bargnani is. NO ONE in the league can replace what he does on the floor. They may be able to rebound better then him, and score 20 points, but NO ONE can replicate what he does on the floor. That was my point.

Comment

I didn't call you names, I asked if you were nuts, there's a difference. Thank-you.

And you said you wouldn't have taken Broy or LA over AB. Now I'm going to just give you the benefit of the doubt on being one of the few people this side of the Atlantic who'd actually seen Andrea ball before the draft but even then you were drafting Bargs on potential for his size. Roy only slipped because of what turned out to be correct concerns over his knees and a lot of people, myself included, wanted Aldridge over the Italian prospect we'd never even heard of. You can't count out Roy based on this years injury as you were saying you'd of passed on BR/LA for Bargs at the time of the draft. Lastly, Roy was good enough off the bat to be #1, Andrea still isn't good enough to be #1 on a good team.

BArgnani doesn't do enough on the court to help his team win more than it should. You simply cannot ignore the Defense and rebounding issues due to his "incredible ability to spread the floor". It's a bogus argument to support your favourite player. Scoring isn't the biggest problem with this squad. DEFENCE...
          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

"you are off your rockers and need to watch other teams in this league play, not just when they play the raps."
            Thats a very general statement, that more or less implies I don't know what I'm talking about. I take exception to that.
            I'm not just a stupid homer, that talks out of my ass. And Bargs is FAR from my favourite player.
            But happy to clarify.

In hindsight, no I would not have taken either of them over Bargnani. Call me nuts. Call me 'off my rocker'. Call me a homer. I wouldn't.
            Scoring is not our biggest problem, no, and I'm going to guess that has something to do with OUR LEADING SCORER.

And the reason BRoy was 'good enough right off the bat' was because he averaged 13 minutes more per game then Bargs in each of their first two seasons. Roy didn't have ANYONE to compete for shots with. Bosh tended to take the majority of our shots.
            Anyway, whatever, I'm tired of this. Bitching about how you'd rather have BRoy or Aldridge does NOTHING to further the discussion.

You hijacked the conversation and turned into a Bargs hate-a-thon. That was not the point.
            If you don't like the team we have, go cheer for Portland. Because there's no way you're a Raptors fan.
            Fans support the home-team. Not bash and trash every little piece of it.

Comment

I'll give you that I responded emotionally largely due to the comment following yours but still. Roy was not DeMar DeRozan, he wasn't spoonfed minutes, he was a better, more NBA ready player when he was drafted. You can't just say he played more minutes without realizing there was a reason he was playing more minutes. Shaq played more minutes than AB in his rookie year for a reason and was a much bigger offensive force than Andrea will ever be.

Some guys are just better. Brandon Roy was/is and probably always will be a better basketball player than Drea.

And I'm not bitching about not having BR or LA you guys brought up the 06 Draft class with your statement about Gay being the only guy worth maybe picking over AB. Face the facts. I'm not hating, but I'm buying your BS about Andrea being the best player in his draft class.
              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

the frontcourt of the 1992 magic makes the frontcourt of the 2006 raptors look like the 2002 spurs.

they were SHIT. i'm surprised they couldn't find a way to distort the time-space continuum and have shaq play 59 of the 48 minutes per game in his rookie season.. the rest of their big men were so bad that the impossible was the best option.

Comment

I'll give you that I responded emotionally largely due to the comment following yours but still. Roy was not DeMar DeRozan, he wasn't spoonfed minutes, he was a better, more NBA ready player when he was drafted. You can't just say he played more minutes without realizing there was a reason he was playing more minutes. Shaq played more minutes than AB in his rookie year for a reason and was a much bigger offensive force than Andrea will ever be.

Some guys are just better. Brandon Roy was/is and probably always will be a better basketball player than Drea.

And I'm not bitching about not having BR or LA you guys brought up the 06 Draft class with your statement about Gay being the only guy worth maybe picking over AB. Face the facts. I'm not hating, but I'm buying your BS about Andrea being the best player in his draft class.
                  Hey big guy, BRoy does nothing on the court. Why? His knees are shot. Guess who knew this- Colangelo, and any of the other scouts that knew about his history. And why not Aldridge? We had that D-Bag Rupaul playing PF, why would we draft a clone of him. Lamarcus is good, not as good as Bargs, believe dat.

Get outta here with that BRoy talk too, that shit has been played out on this board for years now.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                    It was New Orleans on MLK day.

Think that is crazy.

Fair enough but I wouldn't discount it.

Remember the NBA owns the Hornets
                    Sounds like a conspiracy theory. Where's Governor Ventura when you need him? LOL

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Sounds like a conspiracy theory. Where's Governor Ventura when you need him? LOL
                      +1

that was good

"HAARP is controlling peoples minds!!!!"

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                        Hey big guy, BRoy does nothing on the court. Why? His knees are shot. Guess who knew this- Colangelo, and any of the other scouts that knew about his history. And why not Aldridge? We had that D-Bag Rupaul playing PF, why would we draft a clone of him. Lamarcus is good, not as good as Bargs, believe dat.

Get outta here with that BRoy talk too, that shit has been played out on this board for years now.
                        I didn't bring him up originally, go back and read the posts, dude said he'd of taken Bargs over anyone including Gay. I remember this guy..had a cool nickname, STAT, had major surgery on both knees, was much heavier and had a more athletic game than ROY making a comeback... there was this PG, Kidd something, major knee issues in his 30's, major surgery and kept balling...
                        Last edited by Apollo; Tue Jan 18, 2011, 04:52 PM. Reason: Inappropriate Language
                        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

How about you grow up and take Andreas dick out your mouth before you speak? Yeah I said it. I didn't bring him up originally, go back and read the posts, dude said he'd of taken Bargs over anyone including Gay. I remember this guy..had a cool nickname, STAT, had major surgery on both knees, was much heavier and had a more athletic game than ROY making a comeback... there was this PG, Kidd something, major knee issues in his 30's, major surgery and kept balling...
                          PS- Roy has no cartilage in his knees pal. Much different than Amare. Until stem cell tech is used to regrow that tissue, it will be a long hard road for B Roy, which is too bad, cuz he's a great player.
                          Last edited by Apollo; Tue Jan 18, 2011, 04:53 PM. Reason: Clean up

Comment

seriously, park it... this argument is tired as hell... roy vs bargs vs aldridge has been argued to death.. everyone has a decent point, and nobody is right.

Comment

I didn't bring him up originally, go back and read the posts, dude said he'd of taken Bargs over anyone including Gay. I remember this guy..had a cool nickname, STAT, had major surgery on both knees, was much heavier and had a more athletic game than ROY making a comeback... there was this PG, Kidd something, major knee issues in his 30's, major surgery and kept balling...
                              Actually, and I assume you're attempting to quote me on this, I did not say I'd take Bargs over Gay.
                              I DID however say that using this wonderful thing called 'HINDSIGHT', besides Rudy Gay, there isn't really a clear 'RIGHT' answer for the '06 draft.

And ya, It's a well known fact that BRoy is literally walking on 'Bone-on-Bone'. VERY uncomfortable; as someone who has very little left myself, I can say that. Look at what surgery did to Vince and Tmac. And their knees weren't even close to the issues Roy is facing.
                              If he wasn't injury prone, then this would be a different discussion. But it's not. Bargnani WILL give you 70+ games every year. BRoy? I'm not sure you'll get 50+ out of him anymore.

I really do hope Roy comes back and dominates. The NBA is better with him. But I just don't see it happening.

Wait, isn't this thread about how crappy the refs are... :S

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                Wait, isn't this thread about how crappy the refs are... :S
                                should just rename the thread "india vs pakistan, palestine vs israel, and other arguments that are complicated, hard to understand, and have nothing to do with anything discussed in here"

Comment

Working...
                                X