Ed Davis' Stat Line So Far In January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blaze89 wrote: View Post
    still dont know how he dropped so low to us.....only 21 mpg and hes second on our team in rebounding thats simply beast and ive been pretty pleased with how he sees the floor, hes just a few post up moves and a jump shot away from being a real threat
    There could be some permanent damage to his left wrist.

His shooting numbers from beyond 10 feet including his free throw shooting percentage are just awful

FT% = 55% compared to Reggie's 53%

Compared to 66% in his second year at UNC. In his first year he only shot 57% from the Free Throw line so maybe his wrist isn't negatively affecting his ability to shoot. Maybe he just can't shoot free throws. Can English help him become a passable free throw shooter? Only time will tell

When you look at his shot selection and FG% we find

At the Rim------------64.9%------3.2 FGA per game
    Less than 10 Feet ----81.8%-----Only 1 FGA per game
    10-15 Feet------------25.0%------Only .3 FGA per game
    16-23 Feet------------33.0%------Only .4 FGA per game

Compare to Reggie

At the Rim------------41.9%------2.1 FGA per game
    Less than 10 Feet ----26.7%-----Only 1 FGA per game
    10-15 Feet------------00.0%------Only .1 FGA per game
    16-23 Feet------------00.0%------Only .2 FGA per game

So right now Davis seems very similar to Evans in shooting ability except that Davis so far appears to be a better shooter than Reggie at the RIM and up to nine feet.

But beyond nine feet you never want either one to shoot the ball.

Fortunately for the Raptors both Bargnani and Johnson can shoot ball accurately from beyond nine feet.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed Jan 19, 2011, 11:30 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddah, you keep bringing up all these stats about Davis and how bad he is offensively, and it just baffles that you don't see the pointlessness of it.
      WE DON'T CARE IF HE CAN SCORE! THE TEAM DOESN'T CARE! HE'S THE BEST DEFENDER ON THE TEAM AND HE'S 21 F%#@&^% YEARS OLD!!

Comment

Davis is just fine offensively, he knows his limits and plays within them...and like, he's an excellent defender and stuff, which is why the team drafted him.

Comment

Working...
        X