Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peja is not returning nothing.. not much but not nothing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balls of Steel
    replied
    Perhaps this is paving the way for Bargs to be shipped out of town. Regardless, this is as exciting as eating my first bag of Doritos Sour Cream and Onions chips.

Leave a comment:

• octothorp
    replied
    So going back to the assets we had going into last offseason and looking at the big picture, BC essentially traded a 2015 2nd rounder, Jack, Printezis and Banks for Bayless, Ajinca, and a 2011 2nd rounder (with Andersen and Peja both coming and going as part of that transaction). I'd call that a slight downgrade in talent but a significant upgrade in flexibility.

Leave a comment:

• UwanSUMhotFYUH
    replied
    Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    LOOOOLL, Lets put a different spin on it, shall we ?

Bc got Ajinca ( a nobody) and a 2nd rounder for 10 million . How does that sound
    hahaha the homers on this board dont like the truth !

Leave a comment:

• tonious35
    replied
    The last time a Frenchman touched the Raptor's roster, it was not a pretty sight. Look up Jerome Moiso.

Alexis Ajinca's salary is dirt cheap compared to Reggie's and Peja's salary, so there's not a lot of expenses to be paid. 7'2" frame, ain't so bad, and a tad more experience than Alabi, so let's just take a flier on this guy.

FYI: Alexis Ajinca was the 20th first round pick by the Charlotte Bobcats after they used the #9 First round on DJ Augustin. MJ and Larry Brown where the "geniuses" making the choice so I don't know what they were thinking. Here are several players taken after Ajinca:

21-Ryan Anderson (NJ Nets)
    22-Courtney Lee (ORL)
    23-Kosta Koufos (UTAH)
    24-Serge Ibaka (OKLA)
    25-Nicolas Batum (POR)
    26-George Hill (SA SPURS)
    27-Darrell Arthur (MEM)
    28-Donte Green (SAC)
    29-DJ White (OKLA)
    -------
    33-Joey Dorsey (Houston)
    34-Mario Chalmers (Miami)
    35-DeAndre Jordan (LA Clips)
    37-Luc Mbah a Moute (Milwaukee)
    39-Sonny Weems (Denver)
    40-Chris Douglas-Roberts (NJ Nets)
    45-Goran Dragic (Suns)

The only 4 Frenchmen that can do damage in the league are Tony Parker, Mikael Pietrus, Nicolas Batum, and Ronny Turiaf.

Leave a comment:

• TheR3dMenace
    replied
    WhatWhat wrote: View Post
    Power shift in the east.
    xD

Leave a comment:

• tonious35
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Georgios Printezis is probably a guy who could have helped the team this season if a contract was doable.
    It totally feels like BC wasted this 2nd round pick. This was the only pick we had during that 2007 draft and there wasn't a lot to choose from, but he should try to take his 2nd rounders seriously and get the player with the best fit and effort to the Raptors. You never know if your second rounders somehow prevail and contribute to the Raptors "system", if there is any at all...

2nd rounders are a wash, but at least BC should give him a shot on the roster and evaluate the guy to see if he is useful on your team. This Goergie-the-Greek guy might not pan out, but if he does and drops double-doubles in the Western conference, BC or our system of coaching and scouts will look very bad.

Great GMs evaluate and respect 2nd rounders because they know they barely make it to the league with a "lowered" salary and have to give it 120% everyday to crack a roster spot.
    Last edited by tonious35; Thu Jan 20, 2011, 10:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• grindhouse
    replied
    I like what BC is doing. Alabi now has another person he needs to fight over inorder to get on to the court. Bargs is basiclly being shown that what he does on the court is not enough. Between jay's comments about Derozan and Andrea effort I think now for the first time no one is safe on the roster.

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsFan4Life
    replied
    Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    So Ajinca is a poor man's Alabi?
    He is more like a white version of Alabi.

-----------------------

What happens if Peja doesn't clear the waivers? :/

Leave a comment:

• Liston
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    So basically this its Ajinca, 2nd rounder for Georgios Printezis. To me it sounds like the Mavs aren't exactly giving the Raptors a sweetheart deal for helping them make way for Peja.
    Plus money. But what else could you get? I thought it was a great deal since for Dallas it was only a matter of time before the Raptors bought him out (or getting nothing). Yes, we could've traded him, but would most likely have to take players back - likely with multi-year deals (else why would anyone make the trade?). So it has to be a "we'll waive him now since you need him now, but give us a sweetener to do it now - or we'll look around". I can't see what other team would offer more?

I was happy we did this instead of trading for two mediocre players with multi year deals.
    Last edited by Liston; Thu Jan 20, 2011, 09:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tonious35
    replied
    Let's see how the motor runs in Ajinca. I am guaranteed that he can or will be better than Patrick O'Bryant. Of course that is not saying much.

If by any chance in hell if this Frenchman grabs and boxes out the rebounds that Bargs allowed, Bargs could be out of the starting lineup at any moment.

LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Raptorsss
    replied
    So Ajinca is a poor man's Alabi?

Leave a comment:

• Raptor4Ever
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Still it's a nice deal and more than I would have thought. So basically Colangelo got Ajinca and a 2nd round pick for releasing a guy who really wasn't part of the team's plan anyways. Not bad.
    LOOOOLL, Lets put a different spin on it, shall we ?

Bc got Ajinca ( a nobody) and a 2nd rounder for 10 million . How does that sound

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    I like this deal, we get a huge center that can block and rebound with alot of upside. just have to throw some muscle on this kid and hope it work out. If not maybe alabi works out, both are low risk and we dropped pejas old ass for a 22 yr old. now were the second youngest team in the NBA. i bet reggie is next!
    Georgios Printezis is probably a guy who could have helped the team this season if a contract was doable.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    This will mark the third deal the Raptors have done with Dallas in two years. It's funny how often that sort of thing happens. Ajinca is a good pickup. I thought he'd be a better player, by now, and should get a few minutes to try and prove himself on the Raptors. It's funny, because Alabi was compared by some to Ajinca. Both rail thin and offensively raw players who block shots and grew up outside of North America.
    that marcus banks for matt carroll almost went down too.

Leave a comment:

• pesterm1
    replied
    I like this deal, we get a huge center that can block and rebound with alot of upside. just have to throw some muscle on this kid and hope it work out. If not maybe alabi works out, both are low risk and we dropped pejas old ass for a 22 yr old. now were the second youngest team in the NBA. i bet reggie is next!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X