Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would BC Dare Draft International?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Yes, but most fans call all international players European. I can throw in one of the Gasols, instead, if it makes you happy.
    just because most fans are ignorant enough to call any non-american player "european", doesn't mean you should pick up their habits.

    other than that though, i actually agree with you 100%

    Comment


    • #32
      charlz wrote: View Post
      Defense wins championships and makes for 50+ win teams - 3 worst defenders Calderon Kleiza Bargs.
      I'm still waiting for a SG to have a bad game against the Raptors.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

      Comment


      • #33
        JoePanini wrote: View Post
        No, our worst defenders are DeRozan, Weems, Bargnani, Kleiza, Bayless, Calderon, etc... Apart from maybe Ed Davis, Julian Wright and Amir Johnson. All our players are relatively bad defenders. DeRozan is the worst IMO. But I'm sure he'll improve.
        I wouldn't put DeRozan as the worst. DeRozan puts in an effort most of the time, and plays inconsistently good defense. It's just the it's inconsistent and not as frequent as one would like. I don't know if it's just the way you phrased it, but I'd put Wright, Davis and Amir as above average defenders. But that's it. Bayless has the potential to be a good defender, but he has to get smarter.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

        Comment


        • #34
          heinz57 wrote: View Post
          just because most fans are ignorant enough to call any non-american player "european", doesn't mean you should pick up their habits.
          Fair enough. I assumed the original poster was "lumping", so that's why I brought up those players.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

          Comment


          • #35
            To get back on topic. If Irving is gone before the Raptors draft, do we draft Kanter? Why wouldn't Perry Jones at the 3 be a bad choice. I'd rather have a front line of Jones, Bargnani, Davis going forward over Kanter replacing Bargs...

            Outside, of Jones and Kanter. The choices are between 3/4's and I don't know if that's what this team needs...

            Comment


            • #36
              Raptorsss wrote: View Post
              To get back on topic. If Irving is gone before the Raptors draft, do we draft Kanter? Why wouldn't Perry Jones at the 3 be a bad choice. I'd rather have a front line of Jones, Bargnani, Davis going forward over Kanter replacing Bargs...

              Outside, of Jones and Kanter. The choices are between 3/4's and I don't know if that's what this team needs...
              Perry has talent, but the fact that he hasn't dominated, despite his overwhelming talent is a HUGE red flag for me. Is he a Tracy McGrady-type, who are content to coast on his talent but won't ever fulfill his potential? Lamar Odom is like this, and obviously the Lakers won with him, but they won with him coming off the bench, for the most part. Perry scares me too much.

              And obviously I'd rather have 3 talented players than two, but if the Raptors trade Bargnani, I would hope they get some talent back. I'd much rather have a front line of Kanter, Davis/Johnson and Jeff Green (for example) than Bargnani, Davis/Johnson and Perry.

              Another player you seem to be forgetting is Terrence Jones. He's a guy who is somewhat the opposite of Perry. He wasn't highly thought of coming in, but has played better than anyone expected through sheer hard work and determination.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

              Comment


              • #37
                Great point about Perry Jones. He hasn't taken over games like a number 1 pick should but the same could be said about a lot of other players. For example, I remember when Rudy Gay was the pre-season number 1 pick before an up and down season gave way to Andrea and Derozan was supposed to be a star in college but struggled until the second half of his sophomore season. If Toronto gets lucky and have the opportunity to select Irving or Jones, Kyrie should be the choice. But if he's gone Jones should be the choice red flags and all. His ceiling is too high to pass up. Like Rudy Gay it's possible that the pro system fits his style better than college and I'd rather miss on a superstar than settle for a good pro (ie Wesley Johnson over Demarcus Cousins)

                Comment


                • #38
                  ibzilla wrote: View Post
                  Great point about Perry Jones. He hasn't taken over games like a number 1 pick should but the same could be said about a lot of other players. For example, I remember when Rudy Gay was the pre-season number 1 pick before an up and down season gave way to Andrea and Derozan was supposed to be a star in college but struggled until the second half of his sophomore season. If Toronto gets lucky and have the opportunity to select Irving or Jones, Kyrie should be the choice. But if he's gone Jones should be the choice red flags and all. His ceiling is too high to pass up. Like Rudy Gay it's possible that the pro system fits his style better than college and I'd rather miss on a superstar than settle for a good pro (ie Wesley Johnson over Demarcus Cousins)
                  I don't know, but while Rudy Gay is putting up some pretty good numbers, I'd say he has underachieved, which was the fear coming out. He had the talent to be easily the best player in that draft, and after 4.5 years, he's never made an All-Star team and never lead his team to the playoffs, despite some half decent talent. He has the skills to be one of the best players in the league, but he's content to mainly coast on his talent.

                  I know a lot of fans would be happy if Perry became Rudy Gay, but I would be surprised if Gay ever wins a Championship, unless, like Odom, he's a role player.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    I don't know, but while Rudy Gay is putting up some pretty good numbers, I'd say he has underachieved, which was the fear coming out. He had the talent to be easily the best player in that draft, and after 4.5 years, he's never made an All-Star team and never lead his team to the playoffs, despite some half decent talent. He has the skills to be one of the best players in the league, but he's content to mainly coast on his talent.

                    I know a lot of fans would be happy if Perry became Rudy Gay, but I would be surprised if Gay ever wins a Championship, unless, like Odom, he's a role player.
                    Rudy started the season on fire until Zach Randolph came back. Right now it's Zach's team and Gay is the second option but he has shown flashes that he could be a dynamic player if he improves his game a little. And this is a guy who isn't as talented as Perry Jones and played 2 seasons of college ball. Rudy's inconsistencies cost him a top 3 pick in a weak draft meanwhile Perry is a top 3 pick in most drafts based on talent alone. Even Blake Griffin had a tough first year at Oklahoma before exploding in his second season. Had he gone pro after one season I doubt he's the first overall pick. I may not be a fan of Toronto's current coach and system but the Raptors do a good job of developing players. Knowing that, every Raptor fan should be hoping that this guy ends up in Toronto because if Demar can score despite being the rawest player in that draft I'm sure Perry Jones can do better.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Depends on who the Euro or non-American was.

                      Lucas Nogueira is certainly a non-AMerican I would not mind drafting. Most definitely a project but he looks to be the next Ibaka - only bigger and better.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Tbh, I'm intrigued by Valanciunas.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X