Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jason Williams waived by Orlando, should Colangelo pick him up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Williams waived by Orlando, should Colangelo pick him up?

Just saw that williams has been waived due to lack of playing time for Orlando. Wondered wether he'd be an alright pick up for now before we settle for a legit starting PG. considering all our injuries and the fact we have to call in D-Leagueers suggests that picking up a veteran for a bit might be smart?

ya i think we should. He played PG when Miami won the NBa finals in 06 - 07 i think.

Comment

Though i think the Grizzlies are talknig about signing him again, would be nice to see a definitive vet get some wanted (more than what he was getting in Orlando, 14 games played this season) time in Tdot before he finishes for good though

Comment

for what reason? what is he possibly going to do for us?
        "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

can't stand jason williams... i'd prefer if they brought back roko ukic

Comment

You mean notoriously racist Jason Williams?

Comment

my facial expression reaction to the possibilty of jason williams coming to toronto as exhibited by jason williams himself...

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                for what reason? what is he possibly going to do for us?
                Thank you.

If we were in the hunt for the playoffs, then perhaps. He's not a really good fit here.

He'll end up with New York.. or Miami, Boston, Lakers.. basically a team that's in a playoff position.

Comment

Hell to the no. We can't possibly the "Humane Society" for the NBA, picking up every stray that is out there. The last time I saw White Chocolate, he was tossed out of a game for whipping a ball to Jamaal Magloire's head against Miami. He's a douche-bag who needs to retire asap.
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    Hell to the no. We can't possibly the "Humane Society" for the NBA, picking up every stray that is out there. The last time I saw White Chocolate, he was tossed out of a game for whipping a ball to Jamaal Magloire's head against Miami. He's a douche-bag who needs to retire asap.
                    it takes a special kind of human being to get "white boy" tattooed on your fingers

Comment

Rg1990 wrote: View Post
                      You mean notoriously racist Jason Williams?
                      Info pl.

How would getting JW better the team going forward. Sign him to a multi year? Or have him takeup time from the young guys. I'd rather stay with the 10 day contracts. We could get lucky. Besides I dont think he would want to come to a situation like the Raps nor get back to the bench once our guys get well.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                        it takes a special kind of human being to get "white boy" tattooed on your fingers
                        blame it on the DRO
                        "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

What a waste of a thread. Why don't we just bring Sheed back from retirement too.
                          Deadallus

Comment

What reason would this make sense, withe the makeup of our roster. He wanted out of Orlando cause he got no playing time, do we honeslty wanna sign him and then proceed not to give him much time either. Calderon is a bttr point guard, and w.e time is remaing should go to Bayless.

Only way this makes sense is if we somehow trade caldy, not get or get a shitty point guard in return do we make this trade.

Williams has made it clear he doesnt wanna be a 3rd string point guard, and thats probably all we can give him anyways.

Comment

It wouldn't hurt to have him at the 3rd string PG. I mean, the team isn't loaded with ball handlers should Calderon or Bayless go down for a long stretch. It's too bad they don't have a young prospect to slot into that 3rd spot.

Comment

Working...
                              X