No announcement yet.

Bryan Colangelo was in attendance for Jimmer Fredette's 43 point game in Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan Colangelo was in attendance for Jimmer Fredette's 43 point game in Utah

According to this article published on yahoo; B.C was at Jimmer's monster 43 point game in Utah.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...dettenba012811

The big knock on Jimmer is the defensive deficiencies. He's not quite the perfect fit I have in mind.

Comment

isn't Jimmer a junior still has 1 more year to go before he wants to enter the draft? Idunno If I would wan him on my team... I haven't seen enough of him to make the decision... I've heard whispers that he's not athletic enough.... and we neeed someone on defense who can cover anyone especially on the perimeter at PG... the kid can shoot the lights out though and has good handles and can see the floor well.... hmm 2012 draft?
      Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Comment

He's drawing a lot of Stephen Curry comparisons

Comment

though the kids got a lot of hype going for him right now...
          Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Comment

i like him. a lot, actually. that game he was playing against some pretty underrated talent in san diego. raptors could use a shooter like jimmer coming off the bench to open the floor. if we could draft him with miami's pick i'd be all for it.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Problem with Jimmer is he hasn't played any real competition. While he is drawing Curry comparison's, I don't think it is a fair comparison. He is a gifted college scorer - but so was Hansbrough and Reddick. I hope they make the final 4 so he can show it on the big stage.

There is no doubt he is flavour of the week right now.

P.S. Kyrie Irving!

Comment

Raptors_13 wrote: View Post
                According to this article published on yahoo; B.C was at Jimmer's monster 43 point game in Utah.
                http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...dettenba012811
                Would not be a bad option coming from the bench when we need some quick offense and makes Barbosa expendable. A trade of Miami's pick with either Reggie, Jose, Barbosa should get us a mid 20 pick(preferably two picks around that range) to get him.

Comment

I don't know maybe if we get some more picks some how. I would take a look at him. On the other hand, the truth is he's played 4 years in college. so that can possibly mess with his potential. If i was BC I would not go away from the grand scheme. I'm just hoping he has one :S[/COLOR]
                  We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

He's quick. My buddy found highlights of this game somewhere and he just schooled guys off the dribble. The team doesn't play a lot of man to man so I don't know how people can take stabs at him for not being quick enoguh, he's fast. San Diego was good competition and they got creamed. The only knock on him was that he was no assists that game. 43 out of 71 points is quite a bit. Maybe it's the Kobe attitude that "we're going to win this thing and I will make it happen" that will that not a lot of players have.

I dont' know. I just know he's the man. I have a buddy playing on that team. Noah Hartsock. He's the real deal guys. I'd still take Irving over him at this point. I hope Irving can play in the tournament!

Comment

This guys would be perfect at SG. He can pretty much drill a shot from anywhere on the court and is consistent. You can't say about that with our current SGs. I'd love of BC could find a way to move up with the Miami pick to get him.

Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Fri Jan 28, 2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

This kid is a baller!

He is not a shooting guard, he is a point. He may not be a lottery guy, but if we don't get one of the top flight pg's he would be a nice late first round pick. In the right system he can develop into an NBA starter for years.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                          This kid is a baller!

He is not a shooting guard, he is a point. He may not be a lottery guy, but if we don't get one of the top flight pg's he would be a nice late first round pick. In the right system he can develop into an NBA starter for years.
                          Ya, but he could easily be made into a SG based on his shooting ability.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                            Ya, but he could easily be made into a SG based on his shooting ability.
                            This guy is not Eddie House, he has ball skills and is a leader, you don't convert all great shooting point guards to shooting guards.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I personally don't like all the shots I see him taking with someone in his face but pure shooters can not be overlooked even when they are as short as he is. looks like he is a senior which is 4 years of running a offense, so you know he can thrive within a system. from some of the videos he has that pull up jumper as he comes off a pick which is extremely deadly its about the only reason IMO calderon is still on this team.

The best thing about this kid is he is a New York point guard! which simple means he has to live up to names like bob cousy, larry brown, Lenny Wilkens, kenny anderson, rod strickland, stephon marbury, rafer alston.....

Comment

Working...
                              X