Enough with the excuses Triano!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough with the excuses Triano!

Man I am tired of Triano making excuses for his bad coaching.
    Time to think of who shoulf lead this team. No fun watching our team when you feel the the heads want to lose so they can get a high draft pick. Where did it get us drafting Bargs? Doesn's always work and it is no fun to watch.

Get rid of Triano like you fired Sam. While you're at it fire BC Maple Leaf Sports!

Enough already.

You do realize this is a rebuilding year right? Did you honestly expect the Raptors to be winning 35-45 games?

Triano is doing a great job as a head coach the players are believing in him and they go out play 100% in most games. Bringing in another coach isn't going to do jackshit other then further delay the rebuilding process.

Comment

Overall I am pleased with what Triano has done this year. He has a young team working their @sses off and they have not quit. There have been a few bad games but for the most part they are competitive. Not much more you can ask for considering this is a full blown rebuild. Drafting a future star is going to be extremely important this year.

With that said, the game against MIL was dreadful coaching. Poor defensive match ups, poor plays in crucial times, poor time outs. That was a game the Raps gave away. The conspiracy theorists would have a leg to stand on with the tanking debate after that game.

Comment

They work hard sometimes, that's good. They suck though. I don't want them to suck. The whole organization is flawed, from the management to the coaching to the roster. I hope they fix it, I like wins. I don't care if the Raptors lose all of my favorite players (Calderon, Bargnani, Derozan, Wright), I just want them to get better and seeing them struggle like this makes me a sad panda .

Comment

Imanari wrote: View Post
          They work hard sometimes, that's good. They suck though. I don't want them to suck. The whole organization is flawed, from the management to the coaching to the roster. I hope they fix it, I like wins. I don't care if the Raptors lose all of my favorite players (Calderon, Bargnani, Derozan, Wright), I just want them to get better and seeing them struggle like this makes me a sad panda .
          7 months in to a full fledged rebuild. I cannot stress how important this draft is. One thing to keep in mind is OKC/SEA. They are doing very well now but even when they drafted Durant, Green, and Westbrook, they still only won 23 games.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            7 months in to a full fledged rebuild. I cannot stress how important this draft is. One thing to keep in mind is OKC/SEA. They are doing very well now but even when they drafted Durant, Green, and Westbrook, they still only won 23 games.
            Great points.

I think people need to realize that we are BAD. Plain and simple. And thats fine! We're supposed to be bad! We just lost a Perennial All-Star. It's bound to happen. Bryan Colangelo has been patient and I, for one, am quite happy that he hasn't made any stupid trades just to please the small minority of fans who don't realize what is going on here.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              Great points.

I think people need to realize that we are BAD. Plain and simple. And thats fine! We're supposed to be bad! We just lost a Perennial All-Star. It's bound to happen. Bryan Colangelo has been patient and I, for one, am quite happy that he hasn't made any stupid trades just to please the small minority of fans who don't realize what is going on here.
              Agreed. BC has been good up to this point, breaking things down and working towards the future. What I didn't like last night was the coaching. if it wasn't the coaching then it must have been the players not following orders. That Bargs three at the end was a joke and so is are his constant threes. He posted up yesterday, got doubled teamed, passed the ball back to Calderon and then instead of posting up even deeper, he came out to shoot. STOP SHOOTING FROM LONG DISTANCE! TAKE IT TO THE HOLE! He hasn't scored on a post up for maybe 20 games. If this doesnt' improve then he has to come off the bench because teams win by getting more points in the paint than from beyond the arc.

Comment

This team is much more entertaining to watch than last season, if only because (most of them) are trying 100% harder. Part of that is a bunch of guys trying to take advantage of minutes on a bad team where there's an opportunity for people to step up. However, I believe that just as much of that is Triano getting them into the mode of being a hard working team.

From a rebuild perspective, games like last night where they play hard (after the first at least) and then lose are great. Better draft pick, your players continue to develop (as long as they don't get discouraged). One can only hope that once the trade deadline passes along with the need to "showcase" players, Triano fully embraces the rebuild mentality, transitions Jose to a back-up role, and then plays whichever of the guys from 2-5 are playing the hardest.

Comment

i never liked JT... I mean hes a good assisstant but thats about it... he doesnt have that personality that demands respect... hes just tooo damn soft.

Id rather have someone like Mark Jackson, or jeff van gundy, i would have loved it if we got Avery Johnson but that ship has sailed for now anyway..

if its a choice between PJ & JT ill take JT cause PJ sucks even more....

Comment

coastal wrote: View Post
                    From a rebuild perspective, games like last night where they play hard (after the first at least) and then lose are great. Better draft pick, your players continue to develop (as long as they don't get discouraged).
                    That is the key right now. They need to get a W just to keep thinking it is worth the effort. One shouldn't have to hope that with professional athletes but human nature is tough to overcome. The fact most of the losses are somewhat close is certainly a bonus.

Comment

Great points.

only reason Bosh was a perennial all star was cause of all us Canadians voting... i mean were is bosh in voting now????????????

triano has made way too many mistakes to be considered a good coach. if it was only that his plays get read or stolen then ok.. but he calls the most bogus sets.... the time out he called last night KILLED us... 5 on 4 fast break to tie the game with 20sec or so left & the douche bag calls a time out!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON!!!! it almost looked like Jose couldnt even believe his coach was that stupid!!!!!!

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                        only reason Bosh was a perennial all star was cause of all us Canadians voting... i mean were is bosh in voting now????????????
                        You mean that ONE time he got voted to the starting line-up?... Every other time he was selected by the coaches. Which is almost more of an honor.

Comment

You mean that ONE time he got voted to the starting line-up?... Every other time he was selected by the coaches. Which is almost more of an honor.
                          Thank you.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I think the common trend that is evident in all strings and everybody's frustration is the notion of rebuilding around Andrea Bargnani, and drawing plays for him. I have complete sympathy for Triano, he's trying to steer a sinking ship! On the flip side, I do question a lot of his play calling and decision making. It is really hard when you have a centre who is allergic to the paint, and a back up point guard pretending to be a starter!

I thought Avery johnson would be better choices, but as evident, they are doing no better than Triano, so for the time being, I will support him. One more year though! And then I will start lobbying for Whoopi Goldberg to coach the Raptors!

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post

triano has made way too many mistakes to be considered a good coach. if it was only that his plays get read or stolen then ok.. but he calls the most bogus sets.... the time out he called last night KILLED us... 5 on 4 fast break to tie the game with 20sec or so left & the douche bag calls a time out!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON!!!! it almost looked like Jose couldnt even believe his coach was that stupid!!!!!!
                              thank you very much. It's mistakes like that that get to me. What happened to all the tricks you learned with team usa?

Comment

Working...
                              X