Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They just don't care. I really almost can't watch anymore.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raptor fans make me laugh...you guys are fans when they win but critical when the lose... i will support this team even if they go 0-82
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
      raptor fans make me laugh...you guys are fans when they win but critical when the lose... i will support this team even if they go 0-82
      If you're not a Raptor fan, what on earth are you doing here? Seems like a massive waste of time, to me (not that it wouldn't be if you were a Raptor fan, but that's another story). Also, being a fan does not mean one doesn't look at the team critically. In movies, I'm a Ridley Scott fan, but it doesn't mean I love every movie he makes regardless of it's quality. I thought he completely f'd up Robin Hood, but it doesn't mean I'm not hoping his next movie is going to be good.

If you are a Knicks fan, does that mean you shouldn't have criticized Isiah when he was destroying the team? Or does that mean you don't criticize Eddy Curry for, well, being Eddy Curry?

I watch EVERY single Raptor game. Every MINUTE of every single Raptors game. There have been many games that doing that was painful, but because I'm a fan, I persevere. And because I watch every single game and want the team to eventually win a Championship, I criticize when I think it's warranted.

You obviously expect fans to be mindless automatons that don't question, but simply cheer. I'm not that.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
        my sentiments exactly. it's like "oh my god!! i cant believe they're exactly the team i believed they would be at the beginning of the season! i'm shocked and amazed, and downright flabbergasted that my expectations were met! for shame, toronto raptors, for being exactly who i thought you were going to be! FOR SHAME!"

it's like complaining that taco bell gave you the runs
        I tend to agree with you and MangoKid. The playoffs weren't going to happen but for a while there it was looking possible - albeit very early in the season.

The team I was expecting was the one - record wise- before this 12 game losing streak. There have been some close games in that streak but at the end of the day their W/L's are what matter.

I'm not shocked but a little disappointed of late.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          If you're not a Raptor fan, what on earth are you doing here? Seems like a massive waste of time, to me (not that it wouldn't be if you were a Raptor fan, but that's another story). Also, being a fan does not mean one doesn't look at the team critically. In movies, I'm a Ridley Scott fan, but it doesn't mean I love every movie he makes regardless of it's quality. I thought he completely f'd up Robin Hood, but it doesn't mean I'm not hoping his next movie is going to be good.

If you are a Knicks fan, does that mean you shouldn't have criticized Isiah when he was destroying the team? Or does that mean you don't criticize Eddy Curry for, well, being Eddy Curry?

I watch EVERY single Raptor game. Every MINUTE of every single Raptors game. There have been many games that doing that was painful, but because I'm a fan, I persevere. And because I watch every single game and want the team to eventually win a Championship, I criticize when I think it's warranted.

You obviously expect fans to be mindless automatons that don't question, but simply cheer. I'm not that.
          +1 couldn't have said it any better, although I must say watching EVERY game isn't worth it, especially when there is so little to cheer about, I love Derozan and Davis but the reality is we need a prime time player to take us out of the doghouse. Only way to do so is thru the draft. I'm not ecstatic about this years draft but hey, it has to be better than the previous one, right?

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
            I think anyone who has an opinion, and is willing to share it and discuss it, IS a fan. Plain and simple.

I'm not sure being ciritical of the teams effort necessarily lends itself to not being supportive. I think thats a VERY black and white statement. It simply means we care about the final product and care about what it is that we are spending money on. I personally go to games, and spend quite a bit of money each year supporting the team. And for my hard earned money, I am allowed to have an opinion, if warranted; and I am allowed to voice displeasure with the product that I am purchasing. That does not mean I, or WE, don't support the team.
            It means I, we, are passionate fans and find solice and satisfaction with discussing what it is that can make this team better. That is what Pro Sports is all about. In my opinion.
            Last edited by Joey; Tue Feb 1, 2011, 02:49 PM.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              It all depends on his play when he returns from his injury.
              If he is healthy he goes. Not going - once the CBA is resolved - is like passing on $10M guaranted plus more (if current rookie system stays as is). After losing a year to a freak injury, I don't think he turns down the money. It can be lost so easy.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                There have been instances where a players stays an extra season after being tabbed as a top-5 the season before, but it's pretty rare. Duke though has a way of encouraging and convincing players to stick around until at least their junior year.
                On many mocks, from my memory - correct me if I'm wrong, Hibbert was top 5 the year before he was drafted. He returnd to Gtown for a year and went 17.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                  "Being lazy maybe," he says. "That's the only reason it can be. I've got the body, I've got everything to take 10 rebounds a game. It's just sometimes I get lazy."
                  Where's this quote from?? Amazing.

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
                    +1 couldn't have said it any better, although I must say watching EVERY game isn't worth it, especially when there is so little to cheer about, I love Derozan and Davis but the reality is we need a prime time player to take us out of the doghouse. Only way to do so is thru the draft. I'm not ecstatic about this years draft but hey, it has to be better than the previous one, right?
                    I watch every game because I want to see every bit of the development of the young players. It's certainly not because I think they're going to win. I watch for certain things, like how much more confident Ed Davis is playing. That way, win they lose I'm not all that upset. If I was a fan of Cleveland, it would be excruciating because they simply have NOTHING on that team to watch. Unless you like Hickson, but I don't see him becoming much. If I was a Cleveland fan, I probably would stop watching.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      On many mocks, from my memory - correct me if I'm wrong, Hibbert was top 5 the year before he was drafted. He returnd to Gtown for a year and went 17.
                      Ed Davis is the POSTER CHILD for this. He was projected top 5 after the Tar Heels won it all. He goes back for another year, breaks his wrist and falls to 13. Rough. But I'm thankful.

Comment

Just to add, I looked back and no, you didn't answer my questions. You just did what you always do, try and turn the conversation into something else to try and avoid answering the question. And then you stopped replying when I pressed you.

So please, answer the questions. Or at least the main one. Does Bargnani bear no responsibility for playing defense and rebounding?

I'm waiting.
                        I answered your question in the other thread when you Claim that AB is the engine and hence the most important part of

Do you remember the reference to delusional people who think Elvis is still alive

Look Back and I am sure you will find the answer to your questions But since I feel great today ( just got a number from a this very sexxi girl in the restaurant earlier) , I am going to give answer to the question you have in the above post but for more information review the other thread.

AB like any other basketball player has responsibilities toward rebounding and playing a team defense. But the problem with Raptors and the mess they are in is not ONLY AB. AB is a small part in a big picture of things that some fans keep focusing on ( in your case for personal bias and agenda).

The problem with Raptors is lack of real talents, accountability, a system and philosophy that a team should be build around. Trading AB will not solve any of them.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          Ed Davis is the POSTER CHILD for this. He was projected top 5 after the Tar Heels won it all. He goes back for another year, breaks his wrist and falls to 13. Rough. But I'm thankful.
                          There are a lot of examples. Anyone remember Chris Taft? Kid was supposed to go top-3 in mock drafts in 2004, went back to school and slid the next season. Pavel Podkolzine is another example. He was supposed to go lotto and then withdrew and slid the next season. Same thing happened to Tiago Splitter (at least Splitter was playing overseas). Marcej Lampe is another example.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                            I answered your question in the other thread when you Claim that AB is the engine and hence the most important part of

Do you remember the reference to delusional people who think Elvis is still alive

Look Back and I am sure you will find the answer to your questions But since I feel great today ( just got a number from a this very sexxi girl in the restaurant earlier) , I am going to give answer to the question you have in the above post but for more information review the other thread.

AB like any other basketball player has responsibilities toward rebounding and playing a team defense. But the problem with Raptors and the mess they are in is not ONLY AB. AB is a small part in a big picture of things that some fans keep focusing on ( in your case for personal bias and agenda).

The problem with Raptors is lack of real talents, accountability, a system and philosophy that a team should be build around. Trading AB will not solve any of them.
                            Okay, I found the post you are referring to. I'm having trouble figuring out where it is you answered my question...

That sentence my friend, proves my point all along that your hate makes you unqualify to analyz Raptors.

The fact that you are willing to give a pass to BC for all his mistakes and... all well documented over the years in RR, his rlationship with AB and the whole Sam Saga and ... proves my point that logic has no place in your judgment right now when it comes to AB.

The fact that you gave a pass to Jay and all his shortcommings in Player management and ... All his bad play calling and ... Just proves my point further.

Thank you for your above post because I could have not done a better job myself proving that you are Bias.

And the icing on the cake is that you THINK One player is the ENGINE of the Whole team That my friend is just GOLD, I tell you, GOLD

Anyway, I proved my point and I think I wasted enough time disscussing this with you.

There are delusional people that think we have not landed on the moon.
                            There are delusional people that think Elvis is still alive.
                            There are delusionla people who think 911 was an insider job and ...

It does not matter what you tell them, they will insist on their idea and I think it is the same with you when you come and say:

AB is the Engine for Toronto Raptors .....

Best of Luck Pal , but I promiss you that AB is not going any where till BC is in Charge here.
                            In my reply, I told you I wasn't giving Colangelo or Triano a pass. On the contrary, I've been very critical of Triano lately, and I've been demanding Colangelo trade Bargnani for a long time.

BUT THAT"S NOT THE POINT OF THE ARGUMENT!!!!!

The thread was about whether or not to trade Bargnani.

The point is, and my question is, do you feel that Bargnani should not hold himself accountable for his lack of defense and rebounding?
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The point is, and my question is, do you feel that Bargnani should not hold himself accountable for his lack of defense and rebounding?
                              I copy this from my earlier post under this thread ( #56) as an answer to your question:

Now, I will even go one step ahead and say that AB, with all his deficiencies in rebounding and Team defense, can be an integral part of any team, one of deadliest players and most effective players UNDER the right Coaching, System and Team Philosophy.

Comment

Now, I will even go one step ahead and say that AB, with all his deficiencies in rebounding and Team defense, can be an integral part of any team, one of deadliest players and most effective players UNDER the right Coaching, System and Team Philosophy.
                                I 100% agree which is why I do not advocate trading him right now. Lets see what happens at trade deadline and, more importantly, draft and free agency before sending him away.

Comment

Working...
                                X