Can't believe I'm suggesting this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't believe I'm suggesting this...

But the Hornets waived Pops Mensah-Bonsu on the 4th of January. He's 27 but plays like a "young gun" (sloppy at times but tries pretty hard).

Would you give him a ten-day contract? He had a few good games with us, was always aggressive, and his work ethic might rub off on some of our lazier players.
    Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

I'm 50/50 on this one, I mean on one hand he gave us a glimmer of hope back in 2008 when there was none in a lost season. But do we really need another big? If anything we need to give Ed more minutes to improve his game.

Comment

I just see a lineup with Ed Davis playing tough and Pops backing him up... that would be pretty great. I wish Amir had more of the angriness and grittiness that Pops had. Amir is so quiet!
      Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

ScottBaird wrote: View Post
        I just see a lineup with Ed Davis playing tough and Pops backing him up... that would be pretty great. I wish Amir had more of the angriness and grittiness that Pops had. Amir is so quiet!
        At least he isn't Bargnani.

Comment

We already have Amir, Ed, Reggie, and Joey at the 4.

Comment

No. We have a lot of big as it is. I love his passion, but i'd pass. I wouldn't be suprised to see the Knicks take a shot at him.

Comment

But the Hornets waived Pops Mensah-Bonsu on the 4th of January. He's 27 but plays like a "young gun" (sloppy at times but tries pretty hard).

Would you give him a ten-day contract? He had a few good games with us, was always aggressive, and his work ethic might rub off on some of our lazier players.
              I thought the main goal of handing out ten days was to find good young pieces who somehow got lost along the way. Everybody knows what Pops brings to the table and it's not going to help win any games now and he is at the age where at his ability level, he's not a long term piece to the puzzle.

Comment

While they're at it, why not bring Rafer Alston back on a 10-day contract to see if he has any skip left in his legs? He seems to meet the criteria of being sloppy. Plus he might drop a dumb bell on your crotch when you're sleeping. That's worth something, no?

Comment

honestly, we signed him and waived him like 20 times(exageration). i think those ties have been severed, as well as his desire to play in the nba.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Amir, Ed, Andrea, Dorsey, Ajinca. I don't see where Pops would fit in there. He certainly isn't significantly better than any of them, and isn't suited to guarding stronger 5's any more than the others. So no.

What we need are smalls. But unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your outlook) for us, there won't be anybody worth signing that could make us any better. Although it's hard to think we can even get worse.

Comment

I don't think he's better than any of them, period... They should have took a chance on a guy like McCants.

Comment

no..

Comment

Working...
                        X