Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guys On The Block... Anyone Catch Your Eye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys On The Block... Anyone Catch Your Eye?

Two-plus weeks until the trade deadline, and the Carmelo Circus aside, along with those guys who everyone knows are on the block -- like the Nets' Troy Murphy and the Knicks' Anthony Randolph and Eddy Curry -- here are the guys that, according to front office sources around the league, are eminently gettable before Feb. 24:

Golden State center Andris Biedrins, Memphis guard O.J. Mayo, Lakers forward Ron Artest, Portland centers Marcus Camby and Joel Przybilla, Philadelphia forward Andre Iguodala, Phoenix forward Josh Childress, Washington forward Rashard Lewis, Detroit guard Rip Hamilton, Cleveland forward Antawn Jamison, Minnesota guard Jonny Flynn, Charlotte forwards Stephen Jackson and Boris Diaw and Houston forward Jared Jeffries.

O.J. Mayo's contract and an off-the court scuffle are making him a trade-worthy player now.There was less consenus on whether three former All-Stars -- Pacers forward Danny Granger, Memphis forward Zach Randolph and Clippers center Chris Kaman -- were really available, despite their names being out there in Rumorville the past few weeks.
    http://www.nba.com/2011/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1

there's some interesting scenarios i could think of in whcih the raptors could acquire guys, but, most are pieces on contending teams or expirings and more than likely the only point would be for the raptors to get something on a sign and trade for them this upcoming offseason.

more than likely rental players in an already lost season, but, you could get a good piece in the secondary pieces of a trade or there is a chance the guy could re-sign here.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

We need a Solid Sf so i'd go for Rashard Lewis. That dude is Wet from behind the line.

Comment

Granger
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Camby would be interesting. Obviously he's getting up there in age but he's the type of player that could help the team on the court (defense, rebounding) but also be great for the locker room and set a great example for the likes of Davis and Amir. For the right price I'd go for him in a heartbeat.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          Camby would be interesting. Obviously he's getting up there in age but he's the type of player that could help the team on the court (defense, rebounding) but also be great for the locker room and set a great example for the likes of Davis and Amir. For the right price I'd go for him in a heartbeat.
          ...and he already knows where to score weed in TO.

Comment

Not a fan of any of those guys coming to the Raptors. Hopefully Colangelo can resist the urge to make a move just to make a move. I think he can.

The only thing I can see is bringing Camby back (if we could get him for a song and he would be amenable to the veteran leader role) as a mentor to Amir/Ed. I don't see it happening though - he'll provide valuable bench minutes to a contender.

Comment

This isnt really bout the topic, but do you think that Colangelo is pretty much guaranteed to make a trade move before the deadline?
              Was wandering, cause could give something to look forward to haha

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                We need a Solid Sf so i'd go for Rashard Lewis. That dude is Wet from behind the line.
                please lay off the drugs

Comment

i would take oj mayo , stephen jackson
                  NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Mayo, Camby, Flynn... any of these guys would be solid upgrades that would still keep us in the lottery except for mayo maybe... As much as i love jose's game, the aquisition of flynn would make him tradeable and we could probably get some valuable draft assets back, that would allow us to move up our miami pick, ( i also would like jose to retire here) But can you imagine the production (defense) you'd get out of bayless and flynn with both of them clawing for minutes...

Camby gives us a presence insisde in the short term, and will be a great teacher to ED and AJ

Mayo is only useful if Derozn can turn his body and game into a viable threat at the SF spot...(bye bye weems)

And all this is onl made possible by doing it cheap and not at the expense of any current development or draft assets IMO

Comment

There is nearly no one on that list that would be a long term benifit to the team... atleast given either their 1) age 2) history

I could see Iggy... and no one else.

Granger is a chucker. (although a good defender)
                      There is a reason Mayo got benched (even before all the off court issues)
                      Lewis is not worth the cash

Everyone else is either to 'old' or to useless to make worthwhile.

I'd still trade Bargnani for any of them.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                        If this was a fantasy land where salaries didn't matter, I'd consider it. However, the dude earns 45 million over the next 2 seasons after this one and he's not worth every penny.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          Camby is not going to report just to any team. If he's traded and it's not to a contender, he's gone on the record saying he's going to retire.

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
                            There is nearly no one on that list that would be a long term benifit to the team... atleast given either their 1) age 2) history

I could see Iggy... and no one else.

Granger is a chucker. (although a good defender)
                            There is a reason Mayo got benched (even before all the off court issues)
                            Lewis is not worth the cash

Everyone else is either to 'old' or to useless to make worthwhile.

I'd still trade Bargnani for any of them.
                            Is Iguodala really worth 45 mil over the next 3 seasons? That's max money territory for a guy who's best role is second banana.

As for the aformentioned listed, I'd kick some tires around Mayo, but there's no way the Grizz are gonna be low-balled. They were already bitten and took a lot of flak over the Gasol trade, so chances are, they might be asking a lot for Mayo.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              Is Iguodala really worth 45 mil over the next 3 seasons? That's max money territory for a guy who's best role is second banana.

As for the aformentioned listed, I'd kick some tires around Mayo, but there's no way the Grizz are gonna be low-balled. They were already bitten and took a lot of flak over the Gasol trade, so chances are, they might be asking a lot for Mayo.
                              Iggy is probably not worth the money... but still the best on the list. If there was anyone I'd do a deal for it would be him. Not saying I would though.

Mayo is not proving to be anything worthwhile (good rookie year, mediocre 2nd year, failure 3rd year). So yeah if it was a I'll give you almost nothing for him sort of deal.. worth a chance. But having to give up something of value... not gonna happen. I imagine he is going to stay a Grizzly because of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X