The First To Bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The First To Bolt

Forums seem a little dry the past couple of days, hopefully, this will wake everybody up.

This may be a bit of a negative post but......

Among the Raps current core, who do you think is going to be the first to bolt out of Toronto? Be it a VC type scandal (Im always injured so trade me) or The Bosh BS-Show (i like Toronto, i like my friends here but Ive never thought of staying) or the Turk Suprise (im just gonna chill till you trade me).

The candidates:

Demar - i hate losing
    Calderon - you tried to trade me once
    Ed Davis - why did you draft me
    Amir - im the only one who works around here
    Bargs - ive had it with the "i cant rebound/defend" crap, dont tell me what i already know
    Bayless - this team sucks

Personally, i think it will be Ed Davis. If you guys were watching the draft, the panel kept saying Ed's father was pretty disappointed that he ended up in Toronto, even Ed didnt look too happy when he was talking after he was drafted. Maybe his views changed now, but ive never seen an interview when Davis mentioned any love for T.O. I may be wrong, but its my gut feeling.

How bout you guys?

Ugh, I don't know if I can handle the agony of that "trade me" crap again for a while. Here's to hoping the new CBA sorts that out. You rarely see trade demands in the NFL or NHL and the NBA seems to want to land somewhere in the middle of those systems.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
      Forums seem a little dry the past couple of days, hopefully, this will wake everybody up.

Among the Raps current core, who do you think is going to be the first to bolt out of Toronto? Be it a VC type scandal (Im always injured so trade me) or The Bosh BS-Show (i like Toronto, i like my friends here but Ive never thought of staying) or the Turk Suprise (im just gonna chill till you trade me).

The candidates:

Demar - i hate losing
      Bargs - ive had it with the "i cant rebound/defend" crap, dont tell me what i already know

Personally, i think it will be Ed Davis. If you guys were watching the draft, the panel kept saying Ed's father was pretty disappointed that he ended up in Toronto, even Ed didnt look too happy when he was talking after he was drafted. Maybe his views changed now, but ive never seen an interview when Davis mentioned any love for T.O. I may be wrong, but its my gut feeling.

How bout you guys?
      I think Caldy wants out but wouldn't say it publically. Maybe you noticed his TJ Ford imitation last night.

Next in line will be Demar. Believe me, once other teams start fiending for him, he will catch the flavor for a change of scenery.

Bargs won't go anywhere unless BC kicks his ass out.

Comment

The candidates:

Demar - i hate losing

How bout you guys?
        I think Davis was just upset that he fell so far, especially considering he was supposed to go higher.

If anyone departs first, it'll be DeRozan - he might ache to be closer to home and in a warmer climate.

Comment

If I was Bargnani I wouldn't want to go either. He's like a spoiled kid. Big allowance and doesn't have to do his chores(rebounding and defense).

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            If I was Bargnani I wouldn't want to go either. He's like a spoiled kid. Big allowance and doesn't have to do his chores(rebounding and defense).
            +1

Comment

Why do we have a team if no one wants to play here? The city is clean and friendly and the fan base is pretty good for a city that apparently only cares about hockey. These American players are too ignorant and unwilling to adapt to a new country. They don't want to play in Canada where the culture is relatively similar but they'd gladly play in a European country where surely you'd have to learn a new language. It's all fucking ignorance. Losing doesn't help. If we were winning then maybe players would come. When the Jays were winning we attracted both Rickey Henderson and Dave Winfield, and while they only played here a season, they both won World Series titles. This team isn't going to be winning any time soon or until the team is taken away. Many Americans look down on us as a whole but in reality they are just being completely stupid.

Comment

Like geez. You only have to live here for like 7 months out of the year and then after you can go back to your precious United States. Also for 41 games your in American cities. Shut up and play where your fucking told. I bet they'd rather play in Cleveland right? And oh my ...it's cold! Half of the NBA cities are cold in the winter. New York, Chicago , Cleveland, Indianapolis, Minneapolis , Philidelphia, Detroit, Milwaukee... Ect.
                Last edited by Rg1990; Wed Feb 9, 2011, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Quite frankly, as a Raptors fan, I've grown very tired of these types of issues. If a player doesn't want to play here, screw them. Seriously, go fly to !#$@ . Toronto is a world class city. The fans are awesome. The only thing missing is winning. That is a big hurdle to overcome but once it is achieved, getting players here or keeping players here will be an issue of the past.

Comment

This thread upsets me.

I'll be the one to Zag, instead of Zig, and say none of em. They're all classy, professional's with good heads on good shoulders. Demars mother has said she loves Toronto and is very happy with Demar here. If its good for his mama, it's good enough for him. Dude listens to his mom. haha
                    Davis will show loyalty to the team that finally decided he was worth the pick.
                    Caldy will show loyalty to the death to the only team he has ever known.
                    Amir will show loyalty to the only team that believed in him.
                    Same goes for Jarryd.
                    Last edited by Joey; Wed Feb 9, 2011, 07:45 PM.

Comment

I feel like Demar would be the one to leave, thanks to his rookie scale contract with team option. Hopefully we can get this ship turned around within two years so it doesn't come to him bolting.

I love Jose and he is playing well now, I just hope that he eventually gets the chance to play on a contender, either in Toronto or somewhere else. He turns 29 in September, and would be a great backup point guard (or even able to compete for a starting role) on a playoff team (2nd in AST/TO ratio, and 7th in assists). Hopefully we can make both the organization and him happy by trading him to a contender and getting something back in return.

Comment

I agree with joey, I don't think any of them will leave. The Young gunz seem to like this city, especially Amir, dude spent Christmas here with his family, and even goes to Leafs games.

However, it all hinges on how good are we as a team. I mean, I don't think Ray Allen would have left Seattle if they could've gone somewhere, same goes for Garnett. Amare and Turkoglu left because they weren't getting the contract they wanted with their respective teams.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that, by now, in 2011, Toronto is no longer seen as a strange place, especially by the new generation. Internet 2.0 and American foreign policy has changed the way Americans look at the outside world. So us being a non-American city won't affect whether we keep our good players or not.

Comment

The candidates:

Demar - i hate losing

How bout you guys?
                          Demar probably, Ed Davis will likely be next once his rookie contract expires too. I don't see how any good or decent player would want to play for BC & MG and watch Bargs get his undeserved minutes as BC's golden boy for the next 5 years(if MLSE resigns BC which they likely will as BC makes them money - an indictment on fans that love watching their team lose with their hard-earned money lol).

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Ugh, I don't know if I can handle the agony of that "trade me" crap again for a while. Here's to hoping the new CBA sorts that out. You rarely see trade demands in the NFL or NHL and the NBA seems to want to land somewhere in the middle of those systems.
                            I don't think David Stern would want to do that - the major market stars seem to make the NBA loads of money and popular. Why spoil something good? Fans also like seeing dynasties too - look at the popularity of the NBA in the MJ and Bulls winning years lol and a lot of Lakers fans all the way to China.

Comment

I'd agree that none of the current group would ask to leave unless they're not given reasons to stay. Basically it'll come to two things: the talent level on the club when a given player's contract is expiring, and how the franchise has handled the rebuilding process prior to that day.

If the club finds some solid talent in the draft the next year or two and makes smart decisions such that the players feel the club is on the rise come negotiation time, chances are very high that they'll stay. Players only leave when they feel the grass is greener elsewhere; all you can do is make your grass as green and inviting as possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X