Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo
    replied
    Kevin O'Neil turned a defensively challenged club into a strong defensive club by the end of a training camp. It can be done... Of course Kevin O'Neal was also a lunatic when things didn't go his way and he didn't have a clue about offense... Still, we shouldn't underestimate coaching.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    grindhouse wrote: View Post
    I do not know much about this guy but if he is a defensive coach then at the very least he should be interviewed for the job.
    Thats like saying hiring a flying coach will get Pigs airborne. hahah
    We could bring in Larry Brown and it wouldn't do anything but piss him off.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    D'Antoni was over there for a long time before heading back stateside.

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    replied
    grindhouse wrote: View Post
    I do not know much about this guy but if he is a defensive coach then at the very least he should be interviewed for the job.
    He is coaching Real Madrid, but has tonnes of int'l experience and eurobasket rings. He is kind of the "godfather" of euro coaches.

Leave a comment:

• grindhouse
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    The year Sam got fired his name was tossed around but nothing ever came of it. I think he wasn't interested in coming over here yet.

Leave a comment:

• Multipaul
    started a topic Ettore Messina

Ettore Messina

Gotta ask, do you think we should take a run at Messina for coach? You know that BC loves his "new NBA coaches", but Messina is a different pedigree. Plus, he has experience dealing with "stars" and preaches some tough defense.

Messina would be a great fit and Toronto, and his international experience is huge.

Imagine Messina with PJ as an assistant? Would be pretty sweet.

What do you guys think?

Working...
X