Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The starting centre for your 2011-2012 Raptors is...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    philwill wrote: View Post
    I don't know why, but I'm more inclined to draft a 3 than a 1.

    I would use the first pick on a 3, and hope Kanter drops to the second round because of injury fears. With the second pick, I'd try for a steal, maybe if Kanter is still projected to go in the first round I'd pick him, but I like the odds surrounding Nogueira too.
    WOuldn't you just want the best player available? I really don't think the Raptors are in any position to be picky.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

    Comment


    • #32
      philwill wrote: View Post
      I don't know why, but I'm more inclined to draft a 3 than a 1.

      I would use the first pick on a 3, and hope Kanter drops to the second round because of injury fears. With the second pick, I'd try for a steal, maybe if Kanter is still projected to go in the first round I'd pick him, but I like the odds surrounding Nogueira too.
      +1 on drafting a 3 ahead of a 1 but if Kyrie Irving is still there, I would go for him, if not, we go for Terrence Jones or trade down to get a 3 like Tyler Honeycutt, Jordan Hamilton or Chris Singleton. Enes Kanter and Valaciunas are big question marks in my opinion(thorough medical done on Enes Kanter's knees and seeing Valaciunas at the pre-draft to see if he is basically an Amir Johnson type(we have a lot of redundancy on our roster, we don't need another one lol)).

      Comment


      • #33
        I'd personally draft a great 2 then a 3. I'd move Demar to 3 and get someone who's a lights out shooter at 2 (our 2s can't shoot for shit). I don't think there is a great 2 in this draft though.

        On topic: Bargs is going to be starting C next season.

        Comment


        • #34
          derozan will never be a "star" in this league, with solid defense and a 3 point shot he may be a starter, w/ shannon brown level notoriety b/c of his dunks. for someone to suggest he should drive more and be the man is going to be sorely dissapointed when they see he's not capable of being THAT player.

          "oh shit wrong thread, i wanted to put this up on the demar thread" fayulll
          Last edited by pran; Sun Feb 13, 2011, 11:12 AM.

          Comment


          • #35
            pran wrote: View Post
            derozan will never be a "star" in this league, with solid defense and a 3 point shot he may be a starter, w/ shannon brown level notoriety b/c of his dunks. for someone to suggest he should drive more and be the man is going to be sorely dissapointed when they see he's not capable of being THAT player.

            "oh shit wrong thread, i wanted to put this up on the demar thread" fayulll
            I disagree with you. Even without a 3pt shot he is a proven starter in this league. Look at guys like RIp Hamilton. He was shooting 25% from the line as well way back when, but you adjust. Just like a Blind person. They can't see, but their other senses are heightened to make up for lack of vision. The good players find ways to score without shooting the 3.

            You ever hear of a guy named Michael Jordan? Perhaps you have. Look up his 3pt numbers. Dude was HORRID. 7-53 in his 4TH season. So you are still hung up on that, just remember Demar is still 21. Younger than MJ was before he even entered the league. I know I should NOT be comparing them, because no one should really be compared to MJ, but if the greatest to ever play the game can make a living without shooting 3's, than I think people need to drop it as an argument against Demar. It's ridiculous.

            And ya, why you even talking about Demar in here?

            Comment


            • #36
              yes sorry about that wrong thread, i think we can agree to disagree, it's not like he's going anywhere time will tell, and he definitely has age on his side. By the end of next season we should have a good idea of where his ceiling is. 3rd option or star; he contributes towards this team.

              ps. for someone that athletic there lacks a smoothness and fluidity to his game that all good shooting guards have (carter,jordan,etc.), now im not basing it solely on that but just a telltale sign he might not end up being "that" guy.
              Last edited by pran; Sun Feb 13, 2011, 11:43 AM.

              Comment


              • #37
                pran wrote: View Post
                yes sorry about that wrong thread, i think we can agree to disagree, it's not like he's going anywhere time will tell, and he definitely has age on his side. By the end of next season we should have a good idea of where his ceiling is. 3rd option or star; he contributes towards this team.

                ps. for someone that athletic there lacks a smoothness and fluidity to his game that all good shooting guards have (carter,jordan,etc.), now im not basing it solely on that but just a telltale sign he might not end up being "that" guy.
                Demar IS a little Hurky Jerky. Thats just his Manu coming out. hahah
                Ya I agree that we still have to see where he will go. It's just I've heard the argument so many times, that just because he doesn't shoot the 3 ball, he won't succeed in the league. And I just don't agree with that part.

                Comment


                • #38
                  joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  I disagree with you. Even without a 3pt shot he is a proven starter in this league. Look at guys like RIp Hamilton. He was shooting 25% from the line as well way back when, but you adjust. Just like a Blind person. They can't see, but their other senses are heightened to make up for lack of vision. The good players find ways to score without shooting the 3.

                  You ever hear of a guy named Michael Jordan? Perhaps you have. Look up his 3pt numbers. Dude was HORRID. 7-53 in his 4TH season. So you are still hung up on that, just remember Demar is still 21. Younger than MJ was before he even entered the league. I know I should NOT be comparing them, because no one should really be compared to MJ, but if the greatest to ever play the game can make a living without shooting 3's, than I think people need to drop it as an argument against Demar. It's ridiculous.

                  And ya, why you even talking about Demar in here?
                  Did you just compare Demar to the greatest basketball player of all time? :/

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X