Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chisholm: Three young players the Raptors should trade for ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey
    replied
    karim_nasir wrote: View Post
    opponent shooting % - raptors = dead last...yup thats worse than cleveland, worse than the clippers, warriors, and even the nets.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/stats/by..._2010&sort=329
    Oh ok, well I guess it depends in which catergory you are going by. I was going by the NBA ranking of Defensive Efficiency. But thats fair enough as well.

Leave a comment:

• karim_nasir
    replied
    joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Making ALOT of assumption's here.
    Not to mention we are not "dead last in defense" this year or last year.
    I know people like to say we have been to make it seem so much worse, but in actual fact, we are not.
    Close... but not. So I'm not sure that point is relevant, as what are the other teams excuses, if they don't have Bargs or BC?
    opponent shooting % - raptors = dead last...yup thats worse than cleveland, worse than the clippers, warriors, and even the nets.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/stats/by..._2010&sort=329

Leave a comment:

• karim_nasir
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    You obviously have not done the homework on Larry Brown in DET, NY, or CHA.

At no point have I brought up BC. Much like Bargnani discussions, I don't really care anymore. They have been beat to death. The time is running out for both. Another season - tops - without much noticeable improvement will seal both their fates. The team is being built through the draft and young talent and those expecting results over night are going to be extremely disappointed. Building around Bosh was doomed from the beginning. 8 months into a rebuild and improvement in the building blocks are noticeable. There are many threads on this discussion.

Also, your use of manipulative is in the wrong context.

Finally, I personally find your comments immature and adding little to discussion. By the comments I am guessing grade 8, 9 or, at most, 10. Make sure when you are stating things you use things like, "I think..." or "It is my opinion..." or ".... in my opinion."
    you called someone selfish and manipulative and i disagreed with you.

you dont have to call people immature just because they disagree with you.

i was showing you the hypocrisy in your thinking because in one sense you attack Larry Brown because you think he is selfish and manipulative, when the real selfish and manipulative person is BC, who you chronically defend and support.

and when you called LB selfish or manipulative, did you use the words "I think", or "in my opinion" ?? no, yet you tell me to when i say BC is selfish and then provide examples of it... not surprised more hypocrisy from you, matt52...

btw, go check out how many coaches joe dumars went through in the last 10 years.

Leave a comment:

• MangoKid
    replied
    If the Knicks had to shell out in excess of over 10 mil a season to get Brown to coach them, I think it'll cost roughly the same for MLSE to secure his services. Brown doesn't really mesh well with young teams. He's more comfortable with veteran teams. He doesn't have time to teach and for mistakes. IMO, if we were replace Jay, we'd need someone who's just as much as a teacher as a coach.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    being selfish is being dead last in defense 2 years in a row but not trading the player who is the major reason for this because you drafted him 1st overall and it would hurt YOUR ego too much to have to admit that you made a mistake
    Making ALOT of assumption's here.
    Not to mention we are not "dead last in defense" this year or last year.
    I know people like to say we have been to make it seem so much worse, but in actual fact, we are not.
    Close... but not. So I'm not sure that point is relevant, as what are the other teams excuses, if they don't have Bargs or BC?

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    haha, what about forcing the coach to play bargs so many minutes even though we all know EVERY other coach in the league would have at least benched bargs for a quarter or two by now.

triano is probably just scared if he does bench bargnani then he will suffer the same fate as sam mitchell.

that's not manipulative right matt52 ? hahah
    You obviously have not done the homework on Larry Brown in DET, NY, or CHA.

At no point have I brought up BC. Much like Bargnani discussions, I don't really care anymore. They have been beat to death. The time is running out for both. Another season - tops - without much noticeable improvement will seal both their fates. The team is being built through the draft and young talent and those expecting results over night are going to be extremely disappointed. Building around Bosh was doomed from the beginning. 8 months into a rebuild and improvement in the building blocks are noticeable. There are many threads on this discussion.

Also, your use of manipulative is in the wrong context.

Finally, I personally find your comments immature and adding little to discussion. By the comments I am guessing grade 8, 9 or, at most, 10. Make sure when you are stating things you use things like, "I think..." or "It is my opinion..." or ".... in my opinion."

Leave a comment:

• smushmush
    replied
    haha just pointing out that it iz absolutely insane for someone who is a chronic bc supporter to accuse someone like Larry brown of being selfish and manipulate -

being selfish is being dead last in defense 2 years in a row but not trading the player who is the major reason for this because you drafted him 1st overall and it would hurt YOUR ego too much to have to admit that you made a mistake
    A huge +1 karim. You just got a friend on the Raptors Republic forum . The Italians in the Raps organization are running it like a mafia(The Untouchables).

Leave a comment:

• karim_nasir
    replied
    Macc wrote: View Post
    Thanks for the laugh. And I agree about the BC statements, but comparing him with Brown makes no sense.
    haha just pointing out that it iz absolutely insane for someone who is a chronic bc supporter to accuse someone like Larry brown of being selfish and manipulate -

Leave a comment:

• webcrawler89
    replied
    I would take Johnny Flynn over O.J. Mayo anyday. We really need a PG on this team, more than we need a star SG. Plus, Mayo is not particularly great at defense (not saying Flynn is either, but he still seems like someone who can do a better job than either Caldy or Bayless).

Avery Bradley is spending time in D-league and the bench, which sucks because I think he's a decent player on a deep championship calibre team...Sound familiar to you guys? I say we go for him, give him a year (besides, it's not like Weems is doing anything for us right now, I wouldn't mind seeing him leave.)

Leave a comment:

• Macc
    replied
    yea it didnt work out in NYK or CHA, but how does that prove LB is selfish or manipulative ?

btw, who was in charge in NYK ? Isiah
    who was in charge in CHA ? MJ

you can say LB is a bad coach all you want but dont talk shit about him and say he is selfish when you personally have no clue what the man is about.

you think LB is manipulative ? atleast he doesnt go around talking shit about bosh (behind his back), turk (behind his back), making up a young gunz marketing scheme, calling every scrub on the team an "asset" and making up his own language by creating words like "re-tooling"
    Thanks for the laugh. And I agree about the BC statements, but comparing him with Brown makes no sense.

Leave a comment:

• karim_nasir
    replied
    smushmush wrote: View Post
    Thank you karim - some fans are still drinking the BC koolaid when the guy can not even make a single major trade to save his life(even he can not trade an over-priced "asset" in Jose lmao) and the team has hit rock-bottom lol.
    haha, what about forcing the coach to play bargs so many minutes even though we all know EVERY other coach in the league would have at least benched bargs for a quarter or two by now.

triano is probably just scared if he does bench bargnani then he will suffer the same fate as sam mitchell.

that's not manipulative right matt52 ? hahah

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsFan4Life
    replied
    SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
    Within one year he took the bobcats from being a mediocre team to top 5 defensive team in the NBA and also a playoff team. Its not his fault that MJ is one of those owners who likes to meddle in his teams affairs and traded felton and chandler. No matter what anyone says you cannot deny that he is an upgrade on Jay Triano. As far as being hard on his guys, that is exactly what a young team needs.
    He also made the bobcats at the bottom of the league in offense. I don't see why people hate Triano so much, he's been doing a pretty good job with what he has to work with.

Leave a comment:

• smushmush
    replied
    yea it didnt work out in NYK or CHA, but how does that prove LB is selfish or manipulative ?

btw, who was in charge in NYK ? Isiah
    who was in charge in CHA ? MJ

you can say LB is a bad coach all you want but dont talk shit about him and say he is selfish when you personally have no clue what the man is about.

you think LB is manipulative ? atleast he doesnt go around talking shit about bosh (behind his back), turk (behind his back), making up a young gunz marketing scheme, calling every scrub on the team an "asset" and making up his own language by creating words like "re-tooling"
    Thank you karim - some fans are still drinking the BC koolaid when the guy can not even make a single major trade to save his life(even he can not trade an over-priced "asset" in Jose lmao) and the team has hit rock-bottom lol.

Leave a comment:

• smushmush
    replied
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Actually the year they won the championship he averaged 5.7 or 5.9 assists. I agree with your point though.

I'm not even too sure if the Pistons were built around Billups. They just had a solid team. Ideally I would love to see the Raps comprise a team along those lines - no superstar.
    However, Matt52 that is an anomaly - you are not going to see a team of no superstars win a championship in this league(especially in this league of Big 3s a la Miami and the Celtics), talent matters and wins lol.
    Last edited by smushmush; Sun Feb 13, 2011, 10:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LBF
    replied
    that sounds like an intoxicating combination. seriously, might as well swallow poison.

i'm done with bayless all he wants to do is shoot and i doubt he's going to learn anything from calderon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X