• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Deadline:

http://basketball.realgm.com/article...oronto_Raptors

Let the trade deadline begin!!!

Great Read...Total Agreement!!!
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

The Raptors are over 25 games under .500, but their long-term situation is infinitely more promising than a good percentage of the NBA's non-playoff teams.
    I've been saying this for a whiile. I'd rather be a Raps fan than SAC, MIN, NJ etc.

Comment

The Raptors are over 25 games under .500, but their long-term situation is infinitely more promising than a good percentage of the NBA's non-playoff teams.
      /Nuff said.

I don't care what BC does as long as he doesn't try to get a quick fix.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        I've been saying this for a whiile. I'd rather be a Raps fan than SAC, MIN, NJ etc.
        Why?I think that thoose teams have a better roster than the raps.Better talent that might translate to succes in the next years.

Comment

core2man wrote: View Post
          Why?I think that thoose teams have a better roster than the raps.Better talent that might translate to succes in the next years.
          Well just as you said, that is what YOU think. We disagree. And so does the author.
          They all have good talent (I use that loosely obviously.), don't get me wrong, its in the contracts and flexibility where they will be hurt. And I'm pretty sure that is what the autho is alluding to as well. The Raptors have more options in the direction in which they choose too better the team. Those teams are almost solely reliant on the fact that the players will get better. Which is NOT always the case.

Comment

Can't agree wtih RG

The RealGM article makes too many assumptions, and then forms it's opinion on what's next for the Raptors. Personally, I think BC is staying, and so is Bargnani. Why waste time trying to identify scenarios that won't occur.

Jose could very well stay, unless an offer was made that actually made sense (and not just about getting rid of him). If Toronto lands a PG in the draft (that is rated very high), Bayless could find himself gone. Jose would tutor the new guy, and give way to a secondary role as time marched on.

Comment

What would you guys think if we traded our pick for Rubio?

Comment

I am not sold on Rubio. A bit too much hype for what he has accomplished with the competition in Euroleague and Spain this year. He is having a problem with his shot especially.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  Minnesota, in my opinion, is in a strong position for the future as well. Their best player is a lot better than the Raptors' best player. Out of the four mentioned I would place the Raptors first and the Wolves second but it's close. Kevin Love is a total beast.

One thought on Rubio. He wasn't drafted to be a jump shooter.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Minnesota, in my opinion, is in a strong position for the future as well. Their best player is a lot better than the Raptors' best player. Out of the four mentioned I would place the Raptors first and the Wolves second but it's close. Kevin Love is a total beast.
                    I'll agree with that actually.

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    One thought on Rubio. He wasn't drafted to be a jump shooter.
                    Fact. Also, Jose had a crap jumpshot when he first came over as well.

Comment

So did MJ
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

So did Chris Bosh and by the time he left Toronto he had built his shot up to the point where he is now one of the more efficient scorers in the league. Shooting can be fixed rather quickly with hard work and good coaching.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                          I'd do it in a second. He's better than any prospect in this year's draft.

Comment

I'd hate it. There is no way I'd trade top 5 draft pick for a guy who has serious attitude probs.

Comment

If it came down picking Kyrie Irving or trade the pick for Rubio; I'd take Irving.

Comment

Working...
                              X