Tsn2???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
    I think I know why I dislike hockey. Back in high school, I was playing provincial-level basketball and getting no love, while the guys playing house league hockey were scoring with puck bunnies. Life in rural ontario wasn't anything like a rap video; shorties didn't want no baller.
    wasn't much different in the city, my friend. in my day, if you didnt go to eastern commerce you may as well have been on your school's lawn bowling team.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
      wasn't much different in the city, my friend. in my day, if you didnt go to eastern commerce you may as well have been on your school's lawn bowling team.
      There were a lot of basketball-centric schools in the city. Oakwood, Mother Teresa, Henry Carr, Jarvis, Runnymede, even the school I went to - St. Michael's.

As long as you live in Toronto, hockey is going to be forced down your throats. Canada is a hockey nation. Just like if you lived in the States, football is going to be forced-fed to you. Just gotta deal with it.

Comment

Personally, I like hockey, but I hate when it's overexposed the way TSN does it. Sportsnet still does it as well, but not as much, especially since they bought the Jays. The Score is the best for basketball coverage.

Comment

Hockey is lame/boring.

Basketball is the best sport ever invented.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
            Hockey is lame/boring.

Basketball is the best sport ever invented.
            ++++1 On a plus note I heard a story on CBC last week about the popularity of hockey is going down among kids wanting to play the sport. A lot of people said it's because of our large immigrant population that doesn't give two sh*ts about hockey or can't afford it.

This story made me happy.
            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
              ++++1 On a plus note I heard a story on CBC last week about the popularity of hockey is going down among kids wanting to play the sport. A lot of people said it's because of our large immigrant population that doesn't give two sh*ts about hockey or can't afford it.

Me too. Yo ur deafwish website is pretty dope too.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                Me too. Yo ur deafwish website is pretty dope too.
                Werd. Thanks man!
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

when i was a kid, i actually really wanted to play hockey... but the cost was so ridiculous and my family, while not poor, wasn't in a position to drop that kind of money

so i was left with low cost options.

plus, i was a tall kid.

Comment

when i was a kid, i actually really wanted to play hockey... but the cost was so ridiculous and my family, while not poor, wasn't in a position to drop that kind of money

so i was left with low cost options.

plus, i was a tall kid.
                    I tell you what, if I ever have little Joeys running around, they will NOT be hockey players. Definitely not if they get my slender frame. But I will have them shooting hoops. And I think with Basketball Canada moving in the right direction, hopefully by that time we actually have a respectable system to get them into. I think basketball is slowly becoming a big part of alot of young families. Thats what the Raptors lack thus far in the their young existence. Second Generation Fans. Those will come soon enough.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      I tell you what, if I ever have little Joeys running around, they will NOT be hockey players. Definitely not if they get my slender frame. But I will have them shooting hoops. And I think with Basketball Canada moving in the right direction, hopefully by that time we actually have a respectable system to get them into. I think basketball is slowly becoming a big part of alot of young families. Thats what the Raptors lack thus far in the their young existence. Second Generation Fans. Those will come soon enough.
                      Oh yeah man I hear ya. If I have kids I'll let them play whatever sport they want as long as it's basketball. And if they don't make the NBA I'll prob disown them. I might need to adopt too cause my girlfriend is like 5'3".
                      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        i'll let my kids play any sport they want as long as it doesnt infringe on my financial capability to maintain my booze and ganj supply

hockey equipment would ruin me.

Comment

i'll let my kids play any sport they want as long as it doesnt infringe on my financial capability to maintain my booze and ganj supply

hockey equipment would ruin me.
                          hahaha Amen brother.

Comment

imagine if rogers bougth mlse like it was planned, tsn would be flucked.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I honestly don't mind hockey, actually enjoy watching some games, but the fighting, the old style of play and the constant unnecessary hits, just not right for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X