Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And the starting small forward for your 2011 Raps is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the starting small forward for your 2011 Raps is...

Last week I was wondering about which centre (besides Bargnani) the Raps might trot out next year. I think we can say that with the probable departure of Sonny Weems, the brokeness of that Lithuanian guy and Julian Wright not the right man... who should the Raps aim to man the wing next to DeRozan?

1. Andrei Kirilenko
    2. Marquis Daniels
    3. Leon Powe
    4. Caron Butler
    5. Tayshaun Prince
    6. Shane Battier
    7. Mike Dunleavy
    8. Terrence Jones
    9. Luc Mbah a Moute
    10. Harrison Barnes
    11. Corey Brewer
    12. Shawne Williams
    13. Josh Howard
    14. Jeff Green

If I missed anyone pipe up... and some though some of those guys are restricted... I think they might still be gotten for a price. Also, some aren't technically SFs, but could probably play there.

Me? I like Kirilenko.... and I hate myself for it.

if he'd agree to go back to the flock of seagulls doo, i agree on kirilenko

Comment

If they're not restricted and it's not required to throw oodles of money at them, I'd take either Brewer or Mbah a Moute.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
        If they're not restricted and it's not required to throw oodles of money at them, I'd take either Brewer or Mbah a Moute.
        I was about to say the same thing!
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Depends what they're spending.

They're still paying Kleiza for next year. If Colangelo is still around I'm sure Kleiza will get some burn... when he's healthy.

Frankly I'd rather they not throw significant money at anybody who is essentially a role player. The best player on that list is probably Butler, but the last thing the Raps need to do is throw too much money at a guy who will be 32 next season. And he'd want to play for a contender anyway.

Kirilenko is an interesting talent, just like he's always been. But that potential has never been totally tapped and he's close to his 30th birthday. Given what the Raps would have to pay him... I'd pass.
          You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

Jeff Green. He is probably playing out of position right now (and well) which makes him a 3/4 option depending on matchups. Good team player, young and allround good guy from what I have heard.

Comment

I think on that list Luc, Brewer and Green are all restricted...

Comment

Why would you put Shawne Williams in there? Talk about digging deep. AK47 would make sense. He rebounds, he's a top tier defender and he can score.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Why would you put Shawne Williams in there? Talk about digging deep. AK47 would make sense. He rebounds, he's a top tier defender and he can score.
                  He's also turning 29 tomorrow. I like his game too but not for a rebuilding squad.
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I don't know why you'd want any of the top 7 players on that list. Some a good, but completely wrong for a rebuilding team like the Raptors. Kirilenko, Daniels, Butler, Prince and Battier will all be at least 30 by the time next season starts. The last thing you want to is put your money on a declining player when the rest of the team won't reach their prime for a few more years. That's what the Raptors tried to do with Vince Carter and his prime was spent in the lottery. Sure the situation it not exactly the same, but the point is you need to get someone who is going to be still playing at a high level in 5-7 years.

As for the others, Powe isn't a SF, and Dunleavy would be a horrible addition to a team that struggles defensively.

I have no idea why Jeff Green isn't higher on your list. He's 24 years old, plays very good defense at the small forward spot, and would probably welcome the chance to play his natural position.

Shawne Williams and Josh Howard??? Are you kidding?
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

How about Bargs.....I know, I know.

but If you can get a defensive centre and a guy like Ed Davis to man the frontcourt, and you get rid of Jose and his terrible D. Then this isn't as bad as you think.

Ed and the Defensive Centre can make up for any blow bys by the elite SF's in the league (and there is that many of them out there), and Bargs is tall enough to give them space and still contest and long range shots....

I still like him at Power Forward but it's just a thought.

He did okay last night when he was gaurding Bron, and that is probably the hardest matchup he will have, plus it gives you the ability to play small with him moving to centre or playing big with him at SF.

I know it didn't work years ago, but why not give him a chance to see if he can do it. (whats the worst that can happen we lose a few more games this year??? isn't that what we want??)

Comment

I choose Terrence Jones from Kentucky. Fits in with the rebuild and is the most NBA ready of the small forwards. He can do it all and to me looks like a great fit next to demar derozn who is more a scorer and Jones is more a do every thing type.

Comment

A vote her for Green.
                          “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

In no particular order: Terrence Jones, Derrick Williams, Kawhi Leonard, Tyler Honeycutt.

Comment

I would like to make a run at Nicolas Batum...
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                              X