Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Rumors/News: Barbosa And Evans On The Block? (see post #257)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Great..that's 4 out of how many guys?
    That is what differentiates a great GM from all the shitty ones !!! Finding Gems in places everyone else has given up.

Comment

that was off the top of my head, there's literally hundreds...

d rodman
      hornacek
      rondo
      rashard lewis
      boozer
      arenas
      m. gasol
      varajao
      ariza
      ellis
      milsap

point is to say that this scrub who couldnt make the bulls rotation (not starting line-up, but rotation) is better than whatever that 1st round pick would have been is WRONG !

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
        That is what differentiates a great GM from all the shitty ones !!! Finding Gems in places everyone else has given up.
        It's pure luck drafting that low. You draft a guy and hope he pans out to a point where maybe he makes a contribution.

Comment

• I wasn't a big fan of James coming out of college and hated hearing the rumours of Toronto drafting him, but for a late first round pick, I think it's not a bad deal. Personally, I think they could have done better, even if they were to have held onto the pick and try and trade up later.

Reasons I wasn't a big fan, from the link jbml posted....

- Settles for bad shots
          - Stuck between 3 and 4
          - Defensive awareness
          - Defensive fundamentals
          - Lateral quickness
          - Focus
          - Fundamentals
          - Lacks discipline

These are not things I look for in a player. Sorry.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
            When he was giving the opportunity he played very well. The prob is the bulls are set at that position so he never got to play very much.
            Well I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post

- Defensive awareness
              - Defensive fundamentals
              - Lateral quickness
              - Focus
              - Fundamentals
              - Lacks discipline

Bingo. These are well documented about this guy. You look at any scouting report on Johnson and you see similar description. This is why I think BC needs to go. He makes the same mistakes over and over. We have players like Johnson in this team. This team needs strong defender, someone exactly opposite of Johnson and we have fans who are happy we got this guy.

Comment

• i would have just kept the pick, and drafted a big...

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  This also bumps the number of johnsons we have to 3. shrewd trade, all around.
                  hahahah Commendable insight.

Comment

always cracks me up when guys trot out the 1% of guys drafted late in the 1st (or 2nd) round that amount to anything.
                    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

• karim_nasir wrote: View Post

d rodman
                      hornacek
                      rondo
                      rashard lewis
                      boozer
                      m. gasol

point is to say that this scrub who couldnt make the bulls rotation (not starting line-up, but rotation) is better than whatever that 1st round pick would have been is WRONG !
                      Hundreds, huh? The Miami pick will be low 20s. Like 25-30. When you think about the amount of guys who were drafted 25 and lower, the percentage of guys of who have actually reached all-star status is quite low.

Comment

It's pure luck drafting that low. You draft a guy and hope he pans out to a point where maybe he makes a contribution.
                        Looking at the way San Antonio drafted players, I beg to differ.

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                          Dude's a big-time project. Honestly, right now, I'd put him behind Julian Wright on the depth chart. He's shooting under 50% from the line, 41% from the field, is foul prone, and doesn't have a great b-ball IQ.
                          perfect! he'll fit right in!
                          TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

• yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                            always cracks me up when guys trot out the 1% of guys drafted late in the 1st (or 2nd) round that amount to anything.
                            1%.. think about that for a second. 1%. If someone told you that you had to have surgery and the survival rate was 1%, would you like your chances?

Comment

• yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                              perfect! he'll fit right in!
                              LOL The Raptors were misfits happening.

Comment

• karim_nasir wrote: View Post

d rodman
                                hornacek
                                rondo
                                rashard lewis
                                boozer
                                m. gasol

Those guys are famous because they WERE drafted late and had a career. No one said it's not possible to find guys late, but the chances are so low it's like playing the lottery. EVen the great GMs, more often than not, come out with nothing late in the draft. Yes, even San Antonio, who is, by far, the best.

Such a perfect set of circumstances have to exist for a team to find a gem low. People always like to bring up examples like those you mentioned, but for every 1 or 2 drafted late that do blossom, literally 30 to 40 times as many don't even play 5 years.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X