Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Rumors/News: Barbosa And Evans On The Block? (see post #257)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    I'm not jumping on his band wagon after one game. If you read this thread and others you'll note that my tone and message haven't changed since before he suited up. That message is A.) that draft pick had a near certainty of producing a steaming turd in this weak draft class and B.) The kid has talent, was never given a chance in Chicago due to depth so respectfully please back off the guy and give him a chance to prove/disprove himself.
    Wasnt referring specifically to you Apollo. I agree he has talent, and a sick kickbox/mma record, and looked good last night. Ppl gotta be wary though, JT seems to kill young talent.

Comment

• then why did we acquire another young guy , t-dot managemnt obviously doesn't see the same thing you do.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Yeah the way Davis is being so criminally underused Triano can't possibly be the head coach next year can he?
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
          Wasnt referring specifically to you Apollo. I agree he has talent, and a sick kickbox/mma record, and looked good last night. Ppl gotta be wary though, JT seems to kill young talent.
          While I may not agree with all that, JT may not be around too much longer. He's been speaking out a lot lately. Taking small cracks at the roster he's been given to work with and as a result indirectly taking shots at Colangelo. Maybe he senses the end is near? I think this club needs a hard nosed coach with some experience to get them into shape. I think Larry Brown would be a good short term option to get them to the next stage of development.

Comment

• I have a feeling BC is letting Triano roll out the year and see who's available in the offseason.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Respectively disagree on Larry Brown. The way he is with young guys he'd set us back a year or two.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• You must be thinking about his time with the Pistons. The guy had a championship caliber team there. Then was not the time to focus on the kids, it was the time to focus on getting the most out of what they had to win championships right then and there.

Comment

• Some great trades today. I like how pacers got Mayo, it gives them a solid 4 young guys with ton of " REAL" potentials to build on.

I also like what Housten did by bringing in a pass first PG and a Young Center.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    While I may not agree with all that, JT may not be around too much longer. He's been speaking out a lot lately. Taking small cracks at the roster he's been given to work with and as a result indirectly taking shots at Colangelo. Maybe he senses the end is near? I think this club needs a hard nosed coach with some experience to get them into shape. I think Larry Brown would be a good short term option to get them to the next stage of development.
                    Larry Brown + young talent= no

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      I have a feeling BC is letting Triano roll out the year and see who's available in the offseason.
                      I think so too. Do you honestly think MLSE is happy about JT swearing in 30% of his postgame interviews on national tv. I wonder if JT wants out so he's doing it on purpose.

Comment

Funny how everyone jumps on the James Johnson bandwagon after 1 game eh? I remember reading similar posts about Pops Mensah Bonsu....Jamario Moon.....etc...etc...

Give JT time, he will suck the life out of Johnson and leave him stone faced on the bench just like Bayless, Ajinca, etc..
                        you call it jumping on the bandwagon, i call it cheering on a new p-layer. if he sucks in a year from now then fine lol i dont care . but if he is awsome then im happy i everything worked out.

Comment

Ppl gotta be wary though, JT seems to kill young talent.
                          Whats happening to Demar right now? Is he dying? Is Ed dying? Is Amir dying? Nope.
                          Who are you talking about here?

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                            Some great trades today. I like how pacers got Mayo, it gives them a solid 4 young guys with ton of " REAL" potentials to build on.

I also like what Housten did by bringing in a pass first PG and a Young Center.
                            I dont think that the pacers got Mayo. Every report I've read is that they failed to get the trade completed on time. The Thabeet acquisition was low risk, high reward one and they got a possible motto pick for their troubles. Smooth move by Morely. Im not sold on the Brooks for Dragic deal though. Brooks was thought of as an untouchable as recent as the beginning of the season. I have a feeling that he'll benefit from change of scenery in Phoenix.

Comment

Larry Brown + young talent= no
                              I think his problem is more along the lines of when he tells a guy to set screen, he means set a screen which mean he wants to see the defender run into a brick wall creating a open man. I would be frustrated too if at the NBA level I had to teach a guy how to set a screen or a pick correctly. Larry browns offensives are very simple but the screens and picks are so nasty within them.

Comment

• what about jeff van gundy I like him as a coach

Comment

Working...
                                X