Why was dunk contest on TSN2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was dunk contest on TSN2?

Did anyone else who don't have Tsn2 get as upset with MLSE and their crappy Tsn2 network as I did? We have one Rap in the allstars and don't get to show our support because Tsn2 is a digital channel. What gives?

To make matters worse, not one highlight on our other sports channels. I love hockey but come on MLSE, Just get a clue!

To make things worse they showed curling on TSN. Who gives a fuck about curling? The next handful of games are on either TSN2 or Sportsnet 1. That isnt fair

Comment

i feel you boys. we need one channel with every raptor game broadcasted, not 4 different channels. i hope next year the score gets the rights to every raptor game and all star weekend
      http://www.twitter.com/YateeshKevin23

Comment

This has NOTHING to do with MLSE. Sorry guys. It's all on TSN. Once they buy the rights to the programming they can play it on any channel they wish. It is crappy though. I'm on Bell and 2 HD packages gets EVERY single sports channel you can think of. Like almost literally. I get the NFL network and didn't even know it. haha
        atdhe .me probably has all the All-Star festivities if they continue to play it on TSN2.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          This has NOTHING to do with MLSE. Sorry guys. It's all on TSN. Once they buy the rights to the programming they can play it on any channel they wish. It is crappy though. I'm on Bell and 2 HD packages gets EVERY single sports channel you can think of. Like almost literally. I get the NFL network and didn't even know it. haha
          atdhe .me probably has all the All-Star festivities if they continue to play it on TSN2.
          Way to rub it in our faces Joey. Nice! Lol. No for real though, I get your point on the Tsn thing but come on.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
            Way to rub it in our faces Joey. Nice! Lol. No for real though, I get your point on the Tsn thing but come on.
            hahaha True, sorry man.
            And no I hear you, I used to be in the same boat and hated TSN for it. It really is stupid, but I'm sure eventually TSN2 will become more than a specialty channel and hopefully available to far more fans. It's a shame.

Comment

YKR23 wrote: View Post
              i feel you boys. we need one channel with every raptor game broadcasted, not 4 different channels. i hope next year the score gets the rights to every raptor game and all star weekend
              Doubt it's going to happen, It seems the network is losing the battle of game rights against the CTVglobemedia company, those maniacs want basketball out of Canada for good it seems.

Comment

It was bullchit!! Had to watch it streamed, it seemed every dunk attempt it froze. I know, its my own fault for not paying for premium cable, but c'mon. It's allstar! You think TSN2 would put the NHL allstar festivities on TSN2??? Arrrggghhhh!!!!! I want to kick TSN in the nuts.

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
                  It was bullchit!! Had to watch it streamed, it seemed every dunk attempt it froze. I know, its my own fault for not paying for premium cable, but c'mon. It's allstar! You think TSN2 would put the NHL allstar festivities on TSN2??? Arrrggghhhh!!!!! I want to kick TSN in the nuts.
                  That's a very good point. I don't ever recalling the NHL all stars on TSN2 or on any other special channel for that matter.

It is a darn shame. But I guess you get what you pay for right? No wonder Bosh was bitching about not getting lol NBA TV here in Canada! "Sarcasm"

Comment

pretty sure the all star weekend festivities are being played online from NBA.com too.

Comment

TSN can suck a fat one - all those god damn jock anchors who have hockey sticks shoved up each others a** h*les - when will they get it, hockey sucks, period - and curling ahead of the all star saturday night.....really? VIVA THE SCORE!
                      Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Comment

I watched it at a friends' house.

FYI, but TSN isn't stupid. If you own a television network you put up your highest rated shows on your main station and less popular shows on your secondary station. The fact is none of the big U.S. networks picked up the All-Star festivities either, so chances are that previous years have been underwhelming for ratings.

I read an article a few years ago saying that curling gets one of the highest ratings in Canadian sports networks, second only to wrestling (WWE?). So there you have it.. NBA is way down the list unfortunately.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

I fully understand why they show what they do, but it seems like a 'win now' vs 'develop talent' approach. Maybe I'm just on crack today.

nba.com's coverage was blocked in Canada. The other thing I don't get is why the fan590's coverage is blocked online during games. I understand tv stations blacking out games, as it is a service you have to pay for. But radio is FREE. Listening online is not taking ANY revenue from ANYONE. I am outside their broadcast range, so they would actually have more people listening to their ads.

Man, I'm becoming a cranky old dude.......

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
                            I fully understand why they show what they do, but it seems like a 'win now' vs 'develop talent' approach. Maybe I'm just on crack today.

nba.com's coverage was blocked in Canada. The other thing I don't get is why the fan590's coverage is blocked online during games. I understand tv stations blacking out games, as it is a service you have to pay for. But radio is FREE. Listening online is not taking ANY revenue from ANYONE. I am outside their broadcast range, so they would actually have more people listening to their ads.

Man, I'm becoming a cranky old dude.......
                            very good point Beaver. Guess I'm a cranky old dude also. lol

Comment

i've got cogeco so as long as i get it, i don't care.

i thought everybody had digital cable, but, i guess it sucks for you guys who don't get it.

i kind of understand where you're coming from because i oinly have digital cable on my basement t.v. and have one in the living room and bedroom.

but, i mean that's just the way it is. but, the hockey thing is just getting more outrageous by the minute.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X