X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors_
    replied
    RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Some nights? Weems was consistently putting up great %s before he got hurt. You can't say he doesn't put up 17+ when he doesn't really get the shot attempts to put up those #s.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/playe...yauib783yzRwU6

A lot of the game he's played he shoot better then 50% and out of the rest most were 40%+.
    True but he can't create his own shot. Just catches and fires. And he's more of a SG so i still wouldn't start him. Wtf is he going to do if he's Guarding guys like fckin Kevin Durant? like i said before he's too small. We need a bigger stronger guy to play SF, James Johnson can hopefully be that guy if they give him some playing time.

Leave a comment:

• nubreed000
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Sarcasm travels poorly across the WWW. LOL
    lol very true...i hoped the ridiculousness of my post would've given it away though.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    That's what I was getting at. I was being sarcastic.
    Sarcasm travels poorly across the WWW. LOL

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsFan4Life
    replied
    Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    well anyways hopefully James Johnson plays some better defence. I really think we need an amazing PG or SF from the upcoming draft to help us improve, cuz those 2 positions r sorta weak. Sure Calderon is good, but he doesn't score much, and Weems has some nights where he scores 17 + but he's more of a SG and not to mention he's too small to guard taller SF's(hopefully James Johnson can get better and take on the starting role).
    Some nights? Weems was consistently putting up great %s before he got hurt. You can't say he doesn't put up 17+ when he doesn't really get the shot attempts to put up those #s.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/playe...yauib783yzRwU6

A lot of the game he's played he shoot better then 50% and out of the rest most were 40%+.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Feb 23, 2011, 05:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nubreed000
    replied
    I don't think that's very fair. I think if you page through most threads in here there are debates going back and forth. I have yet to see a thread in recent memory where everyone thought the same thing. Most times the board is split on everything.
    That's what I was getting at. I was being sarcastic.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    Yes because the Republic is a hive-mind entity. We're all like the Borg. There are no individual opinions here.
    I don't think that's very fair. I think if you page through most threads in here there are debates going back and forth. I have yet to see a thread in recent memory where everyone thought the same thing. Most times the board is split on everything.

Leave a comment:

• Raptors_
    replied
    well anyways hopefully James Johnson plays some better defence. I really think we need an amazing PG or SF from the upcoming draft to help us improve, cuz those 2 positions r sorta weak. Sure Calderon is good, but he doesn't score much, and Weems has some nights where he scores 17 + but he's more of a SG and not to mention he's too small to guard taller SF's(hopefully James Johnson can get better and take on the starting role).

Leave a comment:

• nubreed000
    replied
    your mom wrote: View Post
    Raptors win
    Republic: Oh my god they're damaging their draft pick!! This team needs to understand that losing is necessary in order to get better.

Raptors lose
    Republic: This team sucks and is falling apart! Trade Bargs and derozan for draft picks and cap space. Fire Colangelo! MLSE is a joke!

Yall are some fickle mother fuckers.
    Yes because the Republic is a hive-mind entity. We're all like the Borg. There are no individual opinions here.

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    +1 , i said the same thing on the write up of the johnson trade. there is no pleasing a raptor fan. its sickening to hear everyones bitching on this site. i can understand some of it but cmon . waaaaaaay to much negativitiy.
    My apologies for demanding a little more than mediocrity. How dare I expect to have a winning team!!
    Last edited by nubreed000; Wed Feb 23, 2011, 04:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Employee
    replied
    Put in perspective yall. We ain't that bad!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...eason_droughts

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    Aren't the Raps in year 5 of a rebuild? Or are they starting over this year? Is this now Year Zero? I thought that was 2006. Or
    2005? Anyway, there seems to be a completely new roster every year so it gets confusing. Plus, having sat through the expansion years, the post-Carter years, the Babcock era, and the epic fail of a rebuild from BC and Company (this was the last rebuild that was pre-empted by this new rebuild apparently) I am pretty much all rebuilded out.
    When they lost their star player to Miami they officially began year one of a new rebuild. Better get used to more rebuilding. No matter who is in the drivers seat you have to put up with another three years of it now...

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Something that hasn't been put back together again can't fall apart. This season is typical of a year one rebuild. Nothing unusual is really going on no matter how hard it is to watch at times.
    Aren't the Raps in year 5 of a rebuild? Or are they starting over this year? Is this now Year Zero? I thought that was 2006. Or
    2005? Anyway, there seems to be a completely new roster every year so it gets confusing. Plus, having sat through the expansion years, the post-Carter years, the Babcock era, and the epic fail of a rebuild from BC and Company (this was the last rebuild that was pre-empted by this new rebuild apparently) I am pretty much all rebuilded out.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Turn around, bright eyes

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    I keep coming back to playing style...no defense. This results from a combination of lack of leadership, willingness/heart, coaching style/substance and of course talent...with talent in my view being the smallest component when it comes to playing D. Any team that does play half decent D would not lose this way especially to a team like the Bobcats. The coach & gm must now start demanding (late as it is) that this be done or the rot will just set in deeper as a culture.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    This is so boring watching the raptors lose game after game. I almost fell asleep today watching the game. They are just completely falling apart, we played terrible defence. Boris diaw and gerald wallace were destroying us driving and getting fouled and making free throws. What do you guys think is the problem?
    Something that hasn't been put back together again can't fall apart. This season is typical of a year one rebuild. Nothing unusual is really going on no matter how hard it is to watch at times.

Leave a comment:

• badbob
    replied
    They are what they are! NOT A GOOD BASKETBALL TEAM!! Simple as that! You don't need to be a ROCKET SCIENTIST to figure that out that they have NO DEFENSE AT ALL ! You just can't win games with NO DEFENSE! The thing is that they have a good draft pick coming and good cap space; they have expiring contracts and they are a YOUNG TEAM that can grow into a GOOD TEAM. Let's face it we are in better shape then a lot of the NBA teams that are not going to make the playoffs! We as RAPTOR FANS just have to sit back and take the loses this year and hope that a young team with more experience and a good draft pick and a couple of fill in's can come back and play a lot better as a team next year!! They will get better just we have to give them some time and we don't want to take on any bad contracts of some veteran who is in their waning years; thats not the way to build a team!! So Raptor fans hang in there and be patient and wait and cheer on the young guys!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X