James Johnson Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    Maybe. Thing with drafts is that you never know who might fall for various reasons and who might be a top 15 pick going in that is available at 29.
    agreed.. but you could say the same thing about 2nd rd picks... or even undrafted rookies... the draft is a funny system, and quality players slip through the cracks all the time for the silliest reasons

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Maybe. Thing with drafts is that you never know who might fall for various reasons and who might be a top 15 pick going in that is available at 29. Still, BC is way more knowledgable about the draft class and Johnson's talent level than me, so I'll take his word for it. Still, it might be worthwhile to keep this statement somewhere safe just for the record.
      I mentioned this in another post but the guy from Draft Express said that a late 1st round pick in this year's draft is about as good as a mid 2nd rounder in any other typical year.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post
        From the Fan 590 interview yesterday:

Only time will tell if Colangelo is right.
        He will likely be proved wrong - Yes, it is a weak draft but it is only a weak draft because of there are no superstars in the draft. There are a lot of role players(Seniors and let us not forget that undrafted players in Wes Matthews and Gary Neal are playing well in the NBA - that is the work of a good scouting team). Consequently, we have not even played March Madness yet(some players in the lottery might fall all the way down after the competition if their team fell out early, something to remember and some fall based on "personality" issues(I am not a fan of the character red flags, imo can you play? if you can, you are welcome to my team). Just my 2 cents (Props to heinz57 and slaw for having thesame train of thought I was having too about this ).
        Last edited by smushmush; Fri Feb 25, 2011, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          He doesn't just score. That's is a bullshit myth. http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/playe...yauib783yzRwU6
          your the only person who thinks he should start. And what else does he do besides score? he can't pass, and he get like 2 boards a game and his Defence is not very good.
          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Feb 25, 2011, 05:51 PM. Reason: inappropriate comments

Comment

• I am looking forward to the game tonight to see how James plays. First game with new team versus old team might create a little incentive not normally arisen.

Please just play physical and aggressive, something not always seen with current players at SF, and there will be little regret over the pick from me.

Comment

• Hmm... Take your chances finding talent with a late first-round pick in a weak draft, or trade for a known commodity (even if he is known to underachieve so far) that has been working and developing on a winning pro team over the past couple of years and can start working with the team immediately?

Given how well the Raptors have drafted in the past, I like the trade better than holding onto Miami's pick.

Comment

• Ya, you must have to be gay to support someone.

BTW He generally gets around 4 boards a game and he can pass and get steals.

Comment

• Classy. Real classy.
                  Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Feb 25, 2011, 05:52 PM. Reason: Quoted inappropriate comment deleted

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                    Ya, you must have to be gay to support someone.

BTW He generally gets around 4 boards a game and he can pass and get steals.
                    He still shouldn't start. I hope he gets traded just so u stop acting like a little fanboy.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Classy. Real classy.
                      thanks i know

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                        He still shouldn't start. I hope he gets traded just so u stop acting like a little fanboy.
                        We aren't going to get anything or anyone of equal value so I highly doubt that is going to happen.

Comment

• Gentlemen please keep conversations civil. Disagreements can be had without lowering one's integrity and credibility.

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                            ...and I think he's right. It's a weak ass draft, and really, how much younger can you get?
                            Ask Gregg Popovich, Tim Duncan, and RC Buford about weak ass draft picks in the late rounds.

I don't know, but their weak-ass draft picks tend to make it to All-Star games or weekends, dozens of playoff games, and +0.600 winning seasons.

Chicago got Taj Gibson last year, while Thabo Sefolosha was the 2nd team All-Defense of 2009-2010 for the Thunder (Thunder traded for Thabo using the (late 1st round) Taj Gibson pick). Chicago might find another gem in the 27th pick (yep, Miami will drop a spot), who the hell knows? This guy named Gar Foreman made that pick because he paid good money to his scouts to evaluate and analyze how to get rid of Tyrus "Fuck-it-could-of-been-Aldridge" Thomas and get a competent PF.

A GM's trust to his scouting department PWNS everyone in the league.

Comment

• With how bad Colangelo evaluates late picks lately, and how bad Triano's coaching system is... we will not crush the dreams of a bright-eyed, late round pick player waiting for a golden opportunity.

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
                                Ask Gregg Popovich, Tim Duncan, and RC Buford about weak ass draft picks in the late rounds.

I don't know, but their weak-ass draft picks tend to make it to All-Star games or weekends, dozens of playoff games, and +0.600 winning seasons.

Chicago got Taj Gibson last year, while Thabo Sefolosha was the 2nd team All-Defense of 2009-2010 for the Thunder (Thunder traded for Thabo using the (late 1st round) Taj Gibson pick). Chicago might find another gem in the 27th pick (yep, Miami will drop a spot), who the hell knows? This guy named Gar Foreman made that pick because he paid good money to his scouts to evaluate and analyze how to get rid of Tyrus "Fuck-it-could-of-been-Aldridge" Thomas and get a competent PF.

A GM's trust to his scouting department PWNS everyone in the league.
                                Dude read my post again. I said weak DRAFT, not weak draft PICK.

It's gonna be even harder to find a sleeper this year. Look at BC's history of drafting in the 2nd round. And not just with the Raps.

And Gar Foreman?? Is he on the Rap's payroll? What's your point? And why would I ask Tim Duncan about weak draft picks? Is he a scout or something?
                                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                                X