Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexis Ajinca - Are we sleeping on the kid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexis Ajinca - Are we sleeping on the kid?

In limited minutes he has performed well for the Raptors. He reminds me a little of Amir, someone who can develop into something special, given more minutes.

Why doesn't BC re-sign the kid in the offseason? He's a big body that cuts down on drives to the basket significantly, is high energy and has a decent shooting game. He's not an elite shot blocker or rebounder, but isn't a defensive liability either.

Honestly, a front court of Bargnani, Amir, Ed, and Ajinca with dorsey as the 5th big, will be very, very good going forward.

Thoughts?
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

I think he can be a player, he just needs to figure out his spot with the team. We already have a outside shooting 7 footer on the team, what can he bring that is different?
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
      I think he can be a player, he just needs to figure out his spot with the team. We already have a outside shooting 7 footer on the team, what can he bring that is different?
      A seven footer who plays like a seven footer. He uses his length well on both ends of the court. The best comparison maybe is an Amir type player who is 5 inches taller. He doesn't have Amir's b-ball IQ or handle, but I wouldn't bet against him.

Comment

I like what I've seen of him on the floor. He moves well and is comfortable and assertive on the floor. I'd like to see a bit more of a trad big man role and a bit more D from him, though. Let's not fall over ourselves with our bench guys, however. These are bench guys on a 16-42 team last I checked. If he is coachable, can improve his rebounding and his defensive game then by all means give him more time.

Comment

Do you mean besides the fact that he's the worst outside shooting 7 footer in the league? haha
          He's aggressive under the basket, and was for 2 solid plays against Chicago. But no way he turns into anything more than a scrub. He's too awkward and uncoordinated on the floor.

Comment

If he is sooooo confident in shooting that 20 ft jumper, I can predict that he can be a Big-Z type of center, but this guy has got to play in the paint and take more high percentage shots. The jumper he wants to shoot will be his 3rd weapon, not his primary and secondary weapon on offense. I want to see more rebounds, blocked shots, and hook shots, and 4-7ft jumpers from him in the next 25 games.

Comment

Ajinca needs to hit the bench press and drink mad protein shakes.
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

He seems to be developing his hook shot and besides that (awful) air-ball last game has been quite efficient offensively. Let him hit the weight room and get more minutes and he can be a solid 4th big for the Raptors.

Comment

I looked under my covers and no, I'm not.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    I looked under my covers and no, I'm not.
                    o.O?

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                      In limited minutes he has performed well for the Raptors. He reminds me a little of Amir, someone who can develop into something special, given more minutes.

Why doesn't BC re-sign the kid in the offseason? He's a big body that cuts down on drives to the basket significantly, is high energy and has a decent shooting game. He's not an elite shot blocker or rebounder, but isn't a defensive liability either.

Honestly, a front court of Bargnani, Amir, Ed, and Ajinca with dorsey as the 5th big, will be very, very good going forward.

Thoughts?
                      Imo, he needs some meat on his bones(he is a flyweight) in the offseason to evaluate how really good he is .

Comment

No, you are not sleeping on him !!!
                        Raptor Fans should stop obsessing with scrubs. There is a difference between investing on a " YOUNG Talent" and investing on " YOUNG PLAYER WITH NO TALENT".

The second I saw this guy hanging around the 3 point line and shooting that 3, I knew he is scrub. You don't believe me, wait a year !!

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                          No, you are not sleeping on him !!!
                          Raptor Fans should stop obsessing with scrubs. There is a difference between investing on a " YOUNG Talent" and investing on " YOUNG PLAYER WITH NO TALENT".

The second I saw this guy hanging around the 3 point line and shooting that 3, I knew he is scrub. You don't believe me, wait a year !!
                          Hater >.>

I agree, lets wait until next year, that's why I am advocating for the Raptors to re-sign him in the offseason.

Comment

He is still 22 and a legit 7 footer.

If I had to pick between him and Alabi sitting at the end of the bench on a minimum contract, it is Ajinca.

Comment

He plays nothing like Amir or Ed. He doesn't fight for position down low, hasn't shown a post up game or a real nose for rebounding and is mediocre knocking down open shots. Nobody is jumping up and down about his defensive game so in other words he is a project that could become what eventually?

Comment

Working...
                              X