Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mo Pete Waived. Could The Raptors Now Use His Veteran Presence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mo Pete Waived. Could The Raptors Now Use His Veteran Presence?

Charlotte Bobcats General Manager Rod Higgins announced today that the team has waived guard Morris Peterson. The Bobcats roster now stands at 14 players.

Peterson was acquired by the Bobcats along with forward DJ White from Oklahoma City in exchange for center Nazr Mohammed on Feb. 24.

The 6-7 Peterson is in his 11th season in the NBA, having played in 711 games for Toronto, New Orleans and Oklahoma City, and has career averages of 10.7 points, 3.5 rebounds and 1.9 assists in 27.2 minutes. Originally selected by the Raptors with the 21st pick in the 2000 NBA Draft, he was named to the All-Rookie First Team following the 2000-01 season. Peterson has scored in double figures 362 times in his 711 career games and has averaged double-figure scoring in four of his full 10 NBA seasons, including a career-best 16.8 points for Toronto in 2005-06.
    Source: NBA.com
    Yes
    31.82%
    No
    68.18%

playing behind, johnson,weems,wright,derozan, and bayless.

unless someone goes down to injury i think not.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I don't think Mopete would want to come back here to rot. I could see Boston/LA/Miami/Other Contenders try to pick him up as a backup 3pt scoring option

Comment

I don't think he's going to get an opportunity to play in any of those places besides Miami. Miami might be a wise choice for him.

Comment

I was thinking of a starting a thread a couple of days ago along these lines with MoPete being the source of ignition of the thought. The essence of the idea was:

What veteran players might be looking for a contract next year - more for mentoring than for playing - at the minimum level? Interested free agents can't have enough left to help a contender on the cheap - think Darrick Martin a few seasons ago.

Mo Pete is who I thought of.

Any others?

Comment

Miami, Chicago or LAL could use him. He should be trying to get on any of those teams. Raptors shouldn't even be considering picking up a guy off waivers.

Comment

Mo loved it here, I know that.

Comment

You're kidding me, right? MoPete has no value to anyone anymore. The guy's a stiff. And this is from someone who loved him in his prime. Besides, we don't even have an available spot on our roster (unless I'm mistaken). Having said all that, I'd love for him to be able to retire a Raptor, and I suspect he would too.

Comment

LeeZ wrote: View Post
                  You're kidding me, right? MoPete has no value to anyone anymore. The guy's a stiff. And this is from someone who loved him in his prime. Besides, we don't even have an available spot on our roster (unless I'm mistaken). Having said all that, I'd love for him to be able to retire a Raptor, and I suspect he would too.
                  I'm not sure about anyone else, but I was thinking along the lines of filling out next year's roster. Character veterans who want to be here may not be easy to come by. MoPete could be the sage veteran who shows what a true professional NBA player is all about.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    I don't think he's going to get an opportunity to play in any of those places besides Miami. Miami might be a wise choice for him.
                    Miami Heat will actually get a haul from the players waived today - Troy Murphy(forward-center that can shoot the 3 consistently and rebound, creating open lanes for Wade and LBJ since both players only know how to slash and can't hit jumpshots consistently let alone 3 pointers lol), Mike Bibby(can shoot the 3 and his bad defense can be covered under the Miami Heat) and Mo Pete(will get some minutes at both wing positions). After losing to the New York Knicks on Sunday (now 14-15(under .500) against playoff teams and 2-9 against championship contenders), I would not be surprised if all 3 get acquired and some players on Miami Heat get waived(*cough* James Jones, Eddie House, Mike Miller can't shoot the 3 to save their lives lol and all 3 players waived today can do that better lol). I also will not be surprised if they also get one of Sam Dalembert, one of Brendan Haywood or Tyson Chandler(unlikely) as their starting center next season too.

Comment

isn't Murphy just as likely to land in Boston? With Perk out of the picture they need another body in the paint and Boston is the proven road. Shaq is back into the starting five but he can't log big minutes and durability is always going to be a concern now. Either way, Murphy isn't in line to get minutes at the 2 and 3.

Comment

Corey Brewer got bought out, pick him up.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Raptors offering pennies, contenders offering pennies, what's the right choice? It doesn't hurt to dream but I think the Raptors don't have a shot.

Comment

[QUOTE=ceez;68348]Corey Brewer got bought out, pick him up.[/QUOTE

I don't have any problem with Corey Brewer (heard he plays good defense, don't know about his rebounding statistics, with Corey Brewer, Sonny Weems is finally gone - *sigh of relief*). With the Corey Brewer acquisition, we don't need SFs in the draft (our focus will be on PGs fully , one of Kyrie Irving or Jimmer Freddette(a traded down top 5 pick to get him imo as long as he can play solid defense and pass the ball - a nice consolation prize if Kyrie Irving is off the board by the time we pick)).

Comment

Jimmer doesn't do any of those things, get him out of you head.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X