Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mo Pete Waived. Could The Raptors Now Use His Veteran Presence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway you look at it Mo Pete was and still is a class act! I personally would welcome him back to give some veteran leadership! I'm sure he can still shoot the 3 ball!!

Comment

overall, his career is pretty MEH.. but if he actually came out and said "i want to sign with the raptors.. i love toronto" and retired here, he would be beloved in the city well past his playing days... in an alvin williams / JYD kinda way... maybe even moreso

personally i loved mopete.. mostly for his ACC commercial "do you love chicken? i LOOOOOOOVE chicken!"... i dont think it lasted much longer than it took them to realize it was hysterically feeding a stereotype

Comment

If he's coming here and understanding that he's pretty much gonna get next to no minutes, I wouldn't mind having him around (in a Darrick Martin type role), but essentially, his career is pretty much finished.

Comment

He could be a starter for the Cavs

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            I'm not sure about anyone else, but I was thinking along the lines of filling out next year's roster. Character veterans who want to be here may not be easy to come by. MoPete could be the sage veteran who shows what a true professional NBA player is all about.

like Derrick Martin?
            Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Comment

I don't really care if we could use his veteran presence or not, signing Mo Pete would be just awesome!

Comment

Buschfire wrote: View Post
                like Derrick Martin?
                Yes.

Comment

Buschfire wrote: View Post
                  like Derrick Martin?
                  Darrick Martin - yeah, the same guy who taught Jose Calderon how to play defense and kept the franchise 3-pt streak alive with a garbage time buzzer beater? Mo can mentor the Young Gunz on the in's and out's of STDs.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                    Darrick Martin - yeah, the same guy who taught Jose Calderon how to play defense and kept the franchise 3-pt streak alive with a garbage time buzzer beater? Mo can mentor the Young Gunz on the in's and out's of STDs.
                    I called Peterson MoHerpes at a club a few years ago. He was NOT happy. If looks could kill, I would have been dead.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      I called Peterson MoHerpes at a club a few years ago. He was NOT happy. If looks could kill, I would have been dead.
                      lol.. thats awesome

Comment

If cold-sores could kill, then him, DRodman and Cliff Robinson would all be living it up in the big Brothel in the sky.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          if cold-sores could kill, then him, drodman and cliff robinson would all be living it up in the big brothel in the sky.
                          lmao!!!

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                            LOL. Are you serious? He's not exactly a small dude in comparison to the average joe. Cajones, bro.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              I'm not sure what the rules are on picking up free agents at this time of the year but could the Raptors offer something the other teams can't?

Maybe a multi-year contract?
                              I was thinking a 5 year, max deal...

Comment

If he's ok doing nothing on our bench for a minimum salary, then sure, I wouldn't mind him coming in and help mentor our young wing players. Maybe even help them with their half court circus shots. Otherwise, we should only sign MoPete when he calls it quits so he can retire a Raptor.

Comment

Working...
                                X