The Raptors Go To London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Raptors Go To London

Wait a second... Back to back games after an intercontinental flight?

No trouble to tell who the league doesn't respect right now, huh? Just kidding.

Toronto will play against the New Jersey Nets on Friday and Saturday at the O2 arena in London before flying home on Sunday morning.

Here’s a rough outline (subject to change) of the Raptors itinerary while in the UK:

Tuesday - host the New Orleans Hornets at 7pm; fly to London, England around 1130pm
    Wednesday - land in London in the AM; players rest and get acclimated to the 5-hour time difference; practice in the evening
    Thursday - late morning/early-afternoon practice; free time for the players in the late afternoon and evening
    Friday - morning shoot-around; game 1 vs NJ that night (8pm London)
    Saturday - morning shoot-around; game 2 vs NJ that night (8pm London)
    Sunday - fly back to Toronto in the morning
    Source: Fan590

Luckily these are home games for NJ.

Comment

This is a good point. It could be worse.

Comment

You know what, life is tough, long flights, blah blah blah.

These dudes are millionaires, they can deal with jet lag, just rub their eyes with $1000 pound notes

This is a great experience for the team, and will get them LOTS of media exposure both in North America and in Europe. Plus the 02 arena is huge and awesome so these guys will love it, especially the American players who have never played on a big world stage.

I think the Raps are lucky to have been chosen for this. Luckily as well, we are out of the playoff race so jet lag schmetlag who cares.

Having lived in London for a bit I would loved to have seen the Raps come to town. I can just imagine the cockney Londoners , "crikey, he's a tall one innit".
        Last edited by Multipaul; Wed Mar 2, 2011, 12:16 PM.

Comment

lol.. it's too bad they're pampered rich kids and won't experience london the way normal people would...

i would love to see any of them getting on the tube.. i'm only 6'2", and i was constantly smashing my head against the top of the door frames, or against the holding rails on the ceiling

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
            lol.. it's too bad they're pampered rich kids and won't experience london the way normal people would...

i would love to see any of them getting on the tube.. i'm only 6'2", and i was constantly smashing my head against the top of the door frames, or against the holding rails on the ceiling
            YO, so which of the Raps will be first to go down to Clapham Common to meet some Rastas?! My bet is JT!

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6173743

Looks like the Nets are doing their best to ensure the Raps overtake them at the bottom of the standings - lol

Tankers only need to remember what happened to Boston in 2007. While it was brutal for the lottery results, it was the best thing that ever could have happened for them.

Comment

Wow, gonna be tough. Jet lag can cause fatigue and mess up your routine, for weeks.

Comment

I'd like to see Ed Davis b-slap Prince Charles

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                    Wow, gonna be tough. Jet lag can cause fatigue and mess up your routine, for weeks.
                    Its actually worse coming back. The games start at 3pm our time so they should be fine. These guys are in peak condition and not like some of us

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                      Its actually worse coming back. The games start at 3pm our time so they should be fine. These guys are in peak condition and not like some of us
                      I'm worried about the 1st game back, they will be so juiced up to be over there, should be awesome to watch.

FYI Raps TV is replaying both games at 7pm EST the day of each game

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6173743

Looks like the Nets are doing their best to ensure the Raps overtake them at the bottom of the standings - lol

Tankers only need to remember what happened to Boston in 2007. While it was brutal for the lottery results, it was the best thing that ever could have happened for them.
                        Yikes. Just how David Stern envisioned it!
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                          I'm worried about the 1st game back, they will be so juiced up to be over there, should be awesome to watch.

FYI Raps TV is replaying both games at 7pm EST the day of each game
                          Right. So we all agree not to post anything about the game until the broadcast is over.

Cool?

Cool.
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Yikes - Wilbon and Kornheiser trashing the Raptors and Nets going to London on PTI :s typical ESPN/US Media trashing, but just hurts to see - yes, this isn't Lakers v Celtics and not exactly the cream of the crop in terms of standings and talent, but do they always have to make negative comments whenever the Raptors are brought up?

hopefully they put on a show this weekend and the world has a chance to see just how exciting the Raptors are to watch
                            Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                              Right. So we all agree not to post anything about the game until the broadcast is over.

Cool?

Cool.
                              Well, the first game is on Fri 3pm, i will hopefully be streamin it at work!

The Saturday game is at 3pm too, hopefully most peeps can watch it live! But I won't say ish until later if everyone else is down (don't think that will happen tho)

Comment

Working...
                              X