Thoughts on Jack & Bayless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Jack & Bayless

After almost forty games, how do you guys feel about the Jack for Bayless deal? Hot or not?

It was the right move. It facilitated them cutting cap for this summer. I liked Jack but he a key to future success.

Comment

Without question a good deal. Jack had no future with this club. Bayless has a chance to be the future. Not saying he's earned it, or will be for sure, but he has a shot, which makes him far more valuable then anything Jack could bring us this year on the floor.

Not to mention Jose has been playing out of his mind lately, which has alot to do with him not worrying about getting pulled every 4 minutes for Jack to take over.

Great deal, still.

Comment

In a 6 degrees of separation way I like it, because it eventually led to the move for James Johnson (which may not have happened otherwise). We just traded one JJ for another.

Comment

Jarrett who?

Comment

It was a deal that had to be made. Bayless has shown much more frustration than brilliance for fans but I think people are forgetting how dreadful Jack was those first 13 or so games of the year. Jack's contract was for more money and more years. Hhe is not going to be a difference maker on a team filled with role players and bench players in need of top tier talent.

In short, I have no regrets on the trade.

Comment

Bayless sucks, but the trade was worth it. I'm 100% happy with the trade.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                It was the right move. It facilitated them cutting cap for this summer. I liked Jack but he a key to future success.
                The Stoj. contract was the target, just major 12+ million dollar cap relief or a trade asset if we were involved in a 3-4 team mega deal. To bad we only got cap relief through buy out and did not get any assets through trade at all. Bayless was just heart-attack gravy in the deal that we took a flyer on.

Jack is by far the better player, but he was only Bosh bait. We had to get younger so Bayless was not so bad. His debut game and some other (very few) games were solid, but his injuries took him off rhythm and he is not responding well and maturely to adversity.

One summer training regiment can get him back in sync, I hope. If he does not have a great summer training regiment with Raptor teamates and coaches, it tells me who he is, and I will call for his head.

Comment

Yep im totally happy with it. Bayless still has good chance to be in impact player. No point in paying that much for a back up PG that already peaked when you're rebuilding.
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Worst Deal that BC could made and it was made since BC could not move Jose or Banks by themselves and also could not justify paying almost 24 million in PG position to Jack, Jose, Barbosa and Banks !!!

So He moved Jack for a Scrub like Bayless in the name of cutting cap space and building future while some simpleton Raptor fans belive this as well !!!

Jack could have played a major role in rebuilding this team and adding character in the locker room.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                      Yep im totally happy with it. Bayless still has good chance to be in impact player. No point in paying that much for a back up PG that already peaked when you're rebuilding.
                      LOOOL, you know the price for a Solid Back UP PG in this league is that much right ??!! Also, what a about veteran presence in the locker room !! What is the price for that when you are rebuilding !!

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                        Worst Deal that BC could made and it was made since BC could not move Jose or Banks by themselves and also could not justify paying almost 24 million in PG position to Jack, Jose, Barbosa and Banks !!!

So He moved Jack for a Scrub like Bayless in the name of cutting cap space and building future while some simpleton Raptor fans belive this as well !!!

Jack could have played a major role in rebuilding this team and adding character in the locker room.
                        Jack was divisive, unsupportive, and a NEGATIVE influence in the locker room based on many sources.

Comment

That wasnt just a Bayless for JJ swap. There were 5 players moved in the transaction. These two just happen to play a similar position. Are you saying that increasing cap space during the course of a rebuild is not worthwhile? Considering Jack's recent DUI I dont think he is a poster boy for character development.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Are you saying that increasing cap space during the course of a rebuild is not worthwhile? Considering Jack's recent DUI I dont think he is a poster boy for character development.
                            Where Did I say that ?? !! You clear Cap Space by moving players and contract that are unreasonable and JJ was not one. You do not create Cap Space by moving guys who can really play in their role and can be beneficial for the future of your club.

Now,the DUI is a cheap shot especially when they guy was 0.08 ( legal limit in US) just an hour after his arrest and I am going to leave it at that.

JJ was the leader of the young guns, went to Vegas , played with these guys here in Toronto over the summer and ... He embraced the role but BC was not able to deliver on his promise once again and the rest is history.

Comment

LOOOL, you know the price for a Solid Back UP PG in this league is that much right ??!! Also, what a about veteran presence in the locker room !! What is the price for that when you are rebuilding !!
                              Yep. For teams that are playing for something. Raps are playing for lotto balls. Why wouldn't you take a chance on someone who can be Jose's replacement?

JJ wasn't giving the raps anything this year, and is doing sweet FA in New Orleans.
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                              X