Is Rodney Carney Worth A 10-Day Look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Rodney Carney Worth A 10-Day Look?

The Griz want to add Powe to bolster their frontcourt as they have already decided against signing small forward Rodney Carney to another 10-day contract.
    Source: Commercial Appeal

He has good size, and is athletic. It would cost little to bring him in to see how he looks in Toronto's system.
    Yes
    22.22%
    No
    77.78%

The poll is expired.

Apollo I appreciate your efforts to create discussions... but cmon man!
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Post-trade deadline dude. What more do you expect?

Comment

I like Carney's game, ever since his Memphis days. No harm in bringing him to see what he can do. It's not like we're in a playoff race anyways.

Comment

Yeah. I think the end of the bench audtions should be in full force now. They have absolutely nothing to lose by trying out failed players. Sometimes these failures are due to bad situations and not entirely the player. Amir Johnson is a prime example of this.

Comment

I dont disagree that we should try out new players, but whose minutes would he take?
            We already have a group of very young guys who are already fighting for minutes

I think we need to give more mintues to our third stringers to see what they have, then decide if we need to get new guys

Comment

He is another 16th pick same as James Jonson.

Comment

I vote no. The Raps have a full 15-man roster so, to anybody voting yes, who would you suggest the Raps cut to make room for him?

Comment

we don't need a 10 day. Whats the point of signing a 10 day if all our players are healthy? 10 days are usually signed to keep around because one of the players are injured.

Comment

bballnut27 wrote: View Post
                    I dont disagree that we should try out new players, but whose minutes would he take?
                    We already have a group of very young guys who are already fighting for minutes

I think we need to give more mintues to our third stringers to see what they have, then decide if we need to get new guys
                    He doesn't need to "take" anybody's minutes. he could play a few when these young guys get into foul trouble or require tough love via "bench meditation."

Comment

The Raps have 15, so as CalgaryRapsFan said, who do you cut?

I think it is time to shut down Barbosa. That will free up minutes.

Comment

You don't cut anybody. You send somebody to D-league. Like Alabi.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Alabi

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            I was not aware that was possible.

Comment

I thought it was possible. Could be wrong. Players with two or less years experience can be sent down. I always thought that freed up a roster spot on the NBA team.

Comment

Working...
                              X