Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it time to move Ed Davis to the starting line up ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time to move Ed Davis to the starting line up ?

After his excellent play in the last 2 games, is it time to move Amir Johnson to the bench where he really belongs and move Davis to the starting line up ??

I know we are paying Amir the kind of money that starters in this league make, but that is just the usual BC over paying a player.

I think Ed Davis has earned a spot in the starting line up and this will really help us to focus on the REAL YOUNG talents of this team ( AB, DD and Davis) and not Scrubs and bench warmers.

I think ED and AJ should split the time. Do not care who starts too much, but I would still favour AJ.
    “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

We have three valuable bigs, let Davis develop and be treated as a rookie should be treated imo, that way he will develop properly

Comment

I like Amir and Davis together and would have Bargs coming off the bench.

Comment

j bean wrote: View Post
          I like Amir and Davis together and would have Bargs coming off the bench.
          LOL, your best player off the bench Sure, lets Do that.

Comment

Roughhide wrote: View Post
            We have three valuable bigs, let Davis develop and be treated as a rookie should be treated imo, that way he will develop properly
            I have no problem with Davis Developing but I think he will develop much faster of he plays more minutes as a starter and be allowed to play through his mistake , just the way we allowed DD to play last year.

We all know what Amir is Capable of and Hump and Lopez really exposed the fraud that Amir Johnson is. Move him to the bench and let Davis Play.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
              LOL, your best player off the bench Sure, lets Do that.
              Hmm, the best player was pulled in critical defensive moments in the game - like when they desperately need a stop and a defensive rebound. C'mon man, j bean's comment is only going to ring louder and louder as the games and years go by.

PS> Here's a shocker, the typical best players like Lebron, Wade, Paul, Howard are never pulled out of late game situations - never.
              Last edited by Balls of Steel; Sat Mar 5, 2011, 10:01 PM.
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                Hmm, the best player was pulled in critical defensive moments in the game - like when they desperately need a stop and a defensive rebound. C'mon man, j bean's comment is only going to ring louder and louder as the games and years go by.

PS> Here's a shocker, the typical best players like Lebron, Wade, Paul, Howard are never pulled out of late game situations - never.
                LOOOL, you must be so naive to think AB is like Wade, Paul and Howard !!! AB is at best a 2nd option in the good team and hence is getting paid 10 million a year and not 15 like those franchise players. So here is your first mistake

That being said, in a team of scrubs with starter like Amir Johnson and James Johnson, AB is still your best player. If it was not for his 35 point and 12 rebound, your team would have never been in this game to that last defensive play anyway

Unless you think Bayless, James Johnson, Weems and Amir Johnson are able to carry a team

Comment

Wait a minute, didn't you say he's the team's best player? Aren't the players I cited considered to be the best in their respective teams? YOU said he's the best player, not I. I'm not picking a fight here but JT ran the same last play in the second overtime and in the third. Who can carry the team you ask? Umm, I'm not talking generally here but at the game this evening. Who you ask? how about Demar, who can slash to the bucket and perhaps draw contact? He just needed to make a bucket or go to the line.

Again, in a sea of scrubs, AB is the best player. Fine, I disagree, but I'll let that statement stand. So, how come the best player was pulled in the most critical defensive point in the game? Is he the best scorer? Do you define how great a player is based on his scoring abilities? Explain to me why the best player was sitting down during the last defensive stanza?
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

LOOOL, you must be so naive to think AB is like Wade, Paul and Howard !!! AB is at best a 2nd option in the good team and hence is getting paid 10 million a year and not 15 like those franchise players. So here is your first mistake

That being said, in a team of scrubs with starter like Amir Johnson and James Johnson, AB is still your best player. If it was not for his 35 point and 12 rebound, your team would have never been in this game to that last defensive play anyway

Unless you think Bayless, James Johnson, Weems and Amir Johnson are able to carry a team

Bargs may be the best offensive player on this team and I do appreciate those efforts but really do you not see that that part of his game is severely compromised by his play at the other end where he is having a really tough time with his decision making?

Comment

All I have to say is we should of kept Kris Humpeys, he outplays Amir and ED

Comment

goldenboy78 wrote: View Post
                        He would have never done that under the coaching of Jay and in Toronto. Lets face it, Thanks to BC we have a team that players do not complement one another and thanks to the coach that BC choose, we have a system in which players get exposed and are not 100% utilized.

Comment

j bean wrote: View Post
                          Bargs may be the best offensive player on this team and I do appreciate those efforts but really do you not see that that part of his game is severely compromised by his play at the other end where he is having a really tough time with his decision making?
                          AB is a weak team defender and average one on one defender. However, I think our system is so flawed that he gets exposed and Jay can not do anything. Add him to Jose which is often beat, and you have a disaster at hand.

I think under the right coaching and in a right team, you can see a much better defensive effort from AB. I rather move BC and Jay and try with real coach and GM and see what AB is really about in the defensive side.

Comment

goldenboy78 wrote: View Post
                            Chris Herpies is a scrub. He only played good cause his coach is actually half decent unlike our retard coach who can barley draw a decent play for his life. If amir was on the Nets instead of Hump he would be averaging a double double. And Hump would be averaging 2ppg and 1rbs.

Comment

I think under the right coaching and in a right team, you can see a much better defensive effort from AB. I rather move BC and Jay and try with real coach and GM and see what AB is really about in the defensive side.
                              I'm sorry Raptor4Ever but I've never seen a single player be accommodated as much as Bargs has. BC fired a coach of the year that won't tolerate is lackadaisical effort. They snagged Gherardini from Benetton Treviso to assist in Barg's transition to the North American game and occasionally handle assistant Gm and vice-president duties. Heck, the strength and conditioning coach for the Raps is none other than Francesco Cuzzolin, who also came from Treviso. Coincidence? I think not. You're right, JT and BC will be moved because of Andrea Bargnani - to the unemployment line once their respective contracts are not renewed.

Comment

Working...
                              X