Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Proof is in the Game:

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Proof is in the Game:

    Seriously, I'm not much of a ranter, but this was honestly the most frustrating game I've ever seen the Raptors play. Not because we lost, no, I wouldn't care if we lost at at the end of the 4th. No, it's HOW we lost, which is indicative of all the flaws that exist on our team. I don't even know where to begin. I don't even know what to say. What's the point? Really, if I criticize Bargs for his lost shot, all his c**ks**kers will come out and talk about how shitty the rest of the team played. Which is true, the rest of the team, with the exception of Ed Davis and Barbosa, were absolute shit. Also, Bargs grabbed 10 boards. Which is true, but he didn't make the big shots he needed to. Neither did DeRozan in the 4th quarter or overtime for that matter. Don't even get me started on how bad Calderon played.

    But at the end of the day, Triano f***ed up by running the same last second play twice, it was ridiculous, especially since it didn't work the first time. Why would it work the second time, in the same situation no less?

    No defensive intensity, no good playmaking, no good play calls, and a stupid low-probability shot by a low-IQ player. Seriously, Bargs couldn't think to try to drive it with the time he had left? Do that little fake thing he does to get the contact? Yeah, the other players also were idiots because they just stood around and watched, but, if you want to be the franchise player, you get all the blame, very little of the glory, until you lead us somewhere (ie playoffs). And tonight, Bargs f***ed up.

    Lastly, I'm actually gonna agree with RaptorsFan4Life here and say...Weems should have played more. So should have J. Wright, our starters were tired in OT, why not put those guys in for an energy boost?

    I'm expecting a lot of BARGS defending, or Triano defending, or Jose defending, or excuses. But I don't care, because frankly, I know what I saw, and I know what I'm disgusted by. Hope all you tankers are happy, I hope that number 1 pick ends up being worth it, because this was embarrassing.

    I've only been to 1 raptors game my whole life (The boston game that we won this year). And even that, was a birthday present. The way these guys are playing, I think i'm just gonna keep it that way.

  • #2
    Nice rant. I feel it.

    Comment


    • #3
      webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
      Seriously, I'm not much of a ranter, but this was honestly the most frustrating game I've ever seen the Raptors play. Not because we lost, no, I wouldn't care if we lost at at the end of the 4th. No, it's HOW we lost, which is indicative of all the flaws that exist on our team. I don't even know where to begin. I don't even know what to say. What's the point? Really, if I criticize Bargs for his lost shot, all his c**ks**kers will come out and talk about how shitty the rest of the team played. Which is true, the rest of the team, with the exception of Ed Davis and Barbosa, were absolute shit. Also, Bargs grabbed 10 boards. Which is true, but he didn't make the big shots he needed to. Neither did DeRozan in the 4th quarter or overtime for that matter. Don't even get me started on how bad Calderon played.

      But at the end of the day, Triano f***ed up by running the same last second play twice, it was ridiculous, especially since it didn't work the first time. Why would it work the second time, in the same situation no less?

      No defensive intensity, no good playmaking, no good play calls, and a stupid low-probability shot by a low-IQ player. Seriously, Bargs couldn't think to try to drive it with the time he had left? Do that little fake thing he does to get the contact? Yeah, the other players also were idiots because they just stood around and watched, but, if you want to be the franchise player, you get all the blame, very little of the glory, until you lead us somewhere (ie playoffs). And tonight, Bargs f***ed up.

      Lastly, I'm actually gonna agree with RaptorsFan4Life here and say...Weems should have played more. So should have J. Wright, our starters were tired in OT, why not put those guys in for an energy boost?

      I'm expecting a lot of BARGS defending, or Triano defending, or Jose defending, or excuses. But I don't care, because frankly, I know what I saw, and I know what I'm disgusted by. Hope all you tankers are happy, I hope that number 1 pick ends up being worth it, because this was embarrassing.

      I've only been to 1 raptors game my whole life (The boston game that we won this year). And even that, was a birthday present. The way these guys are playing, I think i'm just gonna keep it that way.
      So, you've never paid a dime to these guys, but you're pissed...I was surprise at the iso's myslf considering Jay always has a trick up his sleeve on timeouts, especially with nine seconds left, get something going to the rim but...and I'm not a tanker but it crossed my mind that the thought may have been, how often will we have a chance to put these guys to the test ( no.7 & 10). Let's see what they create with the game on the line. In the grand scheme of things, 17 or 18 wins, what's the difference, but when the roster is filled out we'll be counting on these guys to put us over the top. And if either shot goes in, the payoff for either would have been huge, so them's the breaks guy, make or miss.

      Comment


      • #4
        bargs had 12 boards........ juss sayin

        Comment


        • #5
          Bargnani is not a franchise player. The expectation that he is is probably a good starting point in the search of the source of frustration.

          I am in agreement on JT. the more the season goes on, the less faith I have in him moving forward.

          Comment


          • #6
            keep :

            AB, DD, Davis, Barbosa and Jose ( as a BAckUp PG) and trade the rest of these guys for bunch of Basketballs

            Comment


            • #7
              Bargs made some absolutely clutch plays in this game's overtime including a big three, two three point plays where he finished despite getting floored, and taking a Brook Lopez charge to get him ejected. People will look at those two iso plays and say he fucked up the game but the honest truth is Jay called an iso for his best player to win the game, the other team sent someone shorter and faster to guard him, so Bargs tried to make space and shoot over him. It may not have been a great shot choice but it is one we have seen Bargs make with some regularity.

              I guess my question is what other play should we have called? The Derozen Iso might have worked but I really can't think of much else.
              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

              -Churchill

              Comment


              • #8
                Drive against Humphries with 9 seconds left. Don't hold the ball and allow your man to settle in front of you, crowding you, DRIVE!!! He is after all, the best 7-foot Raptor of all time!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                  Drive against Humphries with 9 seconds left. Don't hold the ball and allow your man to settle in front of you, crowding you, DRIVE!!!
                  That is tough to argue.

                  Hopefully this is the last year he is put in those situations. He is not a franchise player.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I took a nap, my head is a bit more cleared up now. I knew people would come out and defend Bargs. Look, I'm not saying he didn't play well today, but he didn't make the buckets when we needed him to. Neither did Derozan (dude was throwing up bricks after the 4th for most of it.) or Calderon, who didn't shoot after the 4th and recorded only 1 assist in 3 OT's.

                    If we're gonna say this guy is our franchise player, then we have to hold him to a franchise players standards. He failed us today, when we counted on him more than anyone else, he failed. Twice, for that matter. With the Exact Same Play, from practically the same place on the floor. If it was Derozan or Barbosa or anyone else on the team, you all would have been complaining that we should have given the ball to Bargs. So I'm taking it to the next level and saying, it was a shitty play to begin with, and I blame Triano first and foremost, But for the players,I mostly blame Bargs. Then I blame all the other players who messed up the little things they should have done.

                    But what's the point? I'm not gonna change anyone's mind. Here's a more important question. IF we do draft Irving at say number 1 or we get Irving somehow, how long before Bargs is no longer our franchise player? Will he always be our franchise player so long as he's here? If so, why, and if not, why not? State your reasons.

                    3 years down the road, who takes the shot? Who gets the blame? When do we as fans start looking at the mistakes this team makes as a whole instead of individuals? (and again, I've criticized other players, not just Bargs, but he gets it the most, because he's our star).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      if the ball was with Demar,Barbosa or hell even Weems we would have won that game. I'd say those 3 r the most clutch players on our team. I don't think bargs has even made one game winner for the raptors why would you give the ball to him knowing he's going to do some stupid S*** with it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
                        I took a nap, my head is a bit more cleared up now. I knew people would come out and defend Bargs. Look, I'm not saying he didn't play well today, but he didn't make the buckets when we needed him to. Neither did Derozan (dude was throwing up bricks after the 4th for most of it.) or Calderon, who didn't shoot after the 4th and recorded only 1 assist in 3 OT's.

                        If we're gonna say this guy is our franchise player, then we have to hold him to a franchise players standards. He failed us today, when we counted on him more than anyone else, he failed. Twice, for that matter. With the Exact Same Play, from practically the same place on the floor. If it was Derozan or Barbosa or anyone else on the team, you all would have been complaining that we should have given the ball to Bargs. So I'm taking it to the next level and saying, it was a shitty play to begin with, and I blame Triano first and foremost, But for the players,I mostly blame Bargs. Then I blame all the other players who messed up the little things they should have done.

                        But what's the point? I'm not gonna change anyone's mind. Here's a more important question. IF we do draft Irving at say number 1 or we get Irving somehow, how long before Bargs is no longer our franchise player? Will he always be our franchise player so long as he's here? If so, why, and if not, why not? State your reasons.

                        3 years down the road, who takes the shot? Who gets the blame? When do we as fans start looking at the mistakes this team makes as a whole instead of individuals? (and again, I've criticized other players, not just Bargs, but he gets it the most, because he's our star).
                        2 words:

                        DEMAR DEROZEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Just a pointless and childish rant: the better team won, live with it. It was a collective failure, coaches included. Since u only been to one game i'd say this is a fake ass raps fan making a 'bait' post to draw out bargs fans and sh*t on them. dude only been to one game and he think he know hoops. Without bargs we'd have been blown out.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Multipaul wrote: View Post
                            Just a pointless and childish rant: the better team won, live with it. It was a collective failure, coaches included. Since u only been to one game i'd say this is a fake ass raps fan making a 'bait' post to draw out bargs fans and sh*t on them. dude only been to one game and he think he know hoops. Without bargs we'd have been blown out.
                            true but he is not a clutch player he can't make big time shots. One thing i've learn from watching the NBA is that Europeans can't make clutch game winners for their life.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
                              I took a nap, my head is a bit more cleared up now. I knew people would come out and defend Bargs. Look, I'm not saying he didn't play well today, but he didn't make the buckets when we needed him to. Neither did Derozan (dude was throwing up bricks after the 4th for most of it.) or Calderon, who didn't shoot after the 4th and recorded only 1 assist in 3 OT's.

                              If we're gonna say this guy is our franchise player, then we have to hold him to a franchise players standards. He failed us today, when we counted on him more than anyone else, he failed. Twice, for that matter. With the Exact Same Play, from practically the same place on the floor. If it was Derozan or Barbosa or anyone else on the team, you all would have been complaining that we should have given the ball to Bargs. So I'm taking it to the next level and saying, it was a shitty play to begin with, and I blame Triano first and foremost, But for the players,I mostly blame Bargs. Then I blame all the other players who messed up the little things they should have done.

                              But what's the point? I'm not gonna change anyone's mind. Here's a more important question. IF we do draft Irving at say number 1 or we get Irving somehow, how long before Bargs is no longer our franchise player? Will he always be our franchise player so long as he's here? If so, why, and if not, why not? State your reasons.

                              3 years down the road, who takes the shot? Who gets the blame? When do we as fans start looking at the mistakes this team makes as a whole instead of individuals? (and again, I've criticized other players, not just Bargs, but he gets it the most, because he's our star).
                              I hear you, and feel your frustrations. It's not negativity, just honesty. The scary part is fans and this organization claims that this is just part of the "growing pains" of a young team. I don't mind growing pains myself but what happens if some of the players that they intend to keep simply doesn't get it? Then what?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X