Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Proof is in the Game:

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    you go Webcrawler89. Feel what you're saying. I was asking myself why didn't Barg drive to the basket. We were only down by 1 in the final overtime. Alas, both times we were up and they tied the game with less than 9 seconds left and we could get anything done. Arg to Barg and arg to Triano.

    Thanks for posting this as I was thinking the same thing.

    Comment


    • #47
      There are a lot of differing views here - which is great as it makes for great discussion.

      Of late there seems to be people with differing views resorting to insults or inappropriate comments when others disagree. There are plenty of other sites that tolerate such behaviour but this is not one of them. Please stay respectful of other posters. Warnings are generally issued and if they are not heeded then bans can be given out for short periods of time or lifetime.

      Please help keep this Forum the best Raptor site on the net.

      Comment


      • #48
        Raptors_ wrote: View Post
        true but he is not a clutch player he can't make big time shots. One thing i've learn from watching the NBA is that Europeans can't make clutch game winners for their life.
        Please this is as biased and short sighted of a view as any I've ever read. Maybe because your from north america makes you better then everyone else. Get a grip

        Comment


        • #49
          Frankthetank wrote: View Post
          Please this is as biased and short sighted of a view as any I've ever read. Maybe because your from north america makes you better then everyone else. Get a grip
          From Raptors_ own post he is 14, has been following the league for 2-3 years, and has not heard of many of the players outside the last few years. A grain of salt is needed.

          Comment


          • #50
            Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
            I'm not feeding you Paul "the Troll". My posts are indicative of my knowledge about basketball (that includes how much I've watched, played and coached). You're golden response however is all I need to know. Where is your intelligent rebuttal? I'm still searching. You have 1,454 posts. Any of them of any quality and substance? How many of them are actually critical and insightful? Think about it. Or not, as you usually do.

            PS> Please consider the irony in your posts. You proclaim to "love" this team, yet you hate "haters" by insulting their dedication as fans or questioning their ability to play basketball? C'mon man, throw US a bone once in a while.
            intelligent rebuttal from multipaul? lmao!

            Comment


            • #51
              Matt52 wrote: View Post
              From Raptors_ own post he is 14, has been following the league for 2-3 years, and has not heard of many of the players outside the last few years. A grain of salt is needed.
              you'd be suprised about how much i learned in that short time. My friends have been watching the league 4 -5 years and i know stuff they don't have a clue about. These forums are interesting tho, i've learned alot on here thanks to u guyz.

              Comment


              • #52
                nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                intelligent rebuttal from multipaul? lmao!
                i dont think that's going to happen... not even a stupid rebuttal.. scroll up to one of his posts and look under his name... lol

                Comment


                • #53
                  I was just reading the forums about how Andrea should have driven at the end of the game yesterday and I was struck by the similarities the arguments had to the ones used against Bosh's late games shots.

                  This is an example of one he hit but he missed on a lot of these (couldn't find a vid of him missing).

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHDKXfTEzNA

                  It's not exactly the same shot, but it is the same play and the same idea.
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

                  -Churchill

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    we know the weaknesses of this team already coaching and the roster so its not surprising we lost.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                      you'd be suprised about how much i learned in that short time. My friends have been watching the league 4 -5 years and i know stuff they don't have a clue about. These forums are interesting tho, i've learned alot on here thanks to u guyz.
                      No doubt. We all start somewhere.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        uh oh, LeBron James has missed potential game-tying/winning shots in the last 10 seconds of each of the Heat's last 4 games (all losses)... guess he's not a franchise player and the Heat better trade him for a bucket of balls, since he's a 1st overall pick and must hit every game winning shot because he's their best player! And the last loss he only had 26 points, for shame!

                        LOL

                        please note the sarcasm... Bargnani scores 35 and misses a potential game winning shot and he's branded a failure by so many alleged 'fans' on this site... utterly laughable! I can't wait for the offseason! lol

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          uh oh, LeBron James has missed potential game-tying/winning shots in the last 10 seconds of each of the Heat's last 4 games (all losses)... guess he's not a franchise player and the Heat better trade him for a bucket of balls, since he's a 1st overall pick and must hit every game winning shot because he's their best player! And the last loss he only had 26 points, for shame!

                          LOL

                          please note the sarcasm... Bargnani scores 35 and misses a potential game winning shot and he's branded a failure by so many alleged 'fans' on this site... utterly laughable! I can't wait for the offseason! lol
                          Well since you're so apt to compare, well, let's compare then. LeBron was was named the NBA Rookie of the Year in 2003–04, NBA Most Valuable Player in 2008–09 and 2009–10, and has been both All-NBA selection and an All-Star every season since 2005. Bargs is... lazy. Sorry to shed some light in your otherwise very dark cave.

                          PS> I also hate to inform you that Bargs' critics have been at it since he got into the league. Check out the "Everything Bargnani" thread - 93,000 views and counting. Let's face it, be it Vince, Bosh or Bargs, focal points of every team in any sport will be subject to intense scrutiny. It's the nature of sports. If "fans" of Bargs are ready to proclaim him as the best player of this team, they should also be ready to hear and accept criticism when they fail. I also don't buy the argument that Bargs is the best player because he's surrounded by scrubs. At 17-46, there are no clear cut best players in this team.
                          Last edited by Balls of Steel; Mon Mar 7, 2011, 08:04 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Also, there's enough people in sports news, forums and even in the league that say that Lebron isn't a "playoffs" player (aka a choker). They're saying D-wade should be leading this team, not this guy, or at least, he should let D-Wade take over in the playoffs.

                            besides, Lebron lead the freakin' Cleveland Cavs (who, if I may remind you, are at the bottom of the conference) to consecutive most wins, and perennial playoffs. He even lead his team to the NBA Finals in his 4th year. Where has Bargnani and Jose lead us?

                            Please read over everything again. This isn't about the fact that he missed the shot, it's that he took the same ridiculously hard shot twice. Also, Lebron and Bargnani are in two different categories as players, Lebron can make a whole weeks worth of mistakes and still take his team to the playoffs.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
                              Also, there's enough people in sports news, forums and even in the league that say that Lebron isn't a "playoffs" player (aka a choker). They're saying D-wade should be leading this team, not this guy, or at least, he should let D-Wade take over in the playoffs.

                              besides, Lebron lead the freakin' Cleveland Cavs (who, if I may remind you, are at the bottom of the conference) to consecutive most wins, and perennial playoffs. He even lead his team to the NBA Finals in his 4th year. Where has Bargnani and Jose lead us?

                              Please read over everything again. This isn't about the fact that he missed the shot, it's that he took the same ridiculously hard shot twice. Also, Lebron and Bargnani are in two different categories as players, Lebron can make a whole weeks worth of mistakes and still take his team to the playoffs.
                              I agree with you here. Lebron is a perennial MVP, one of the top 2 players in the game. Andrea? No one knows if he'd even start for a real contender. To compare them is ridiculous.

                              Andrea had a pretty decent night. I was much more impressed with the charges and rebounding than the scoring, however with the game on the line he made the same mistake TWICE. That is just not acceptable. I can't imagine any truly elite player deciding to waste an ISO and just launch a tough shot. No screen, no drive, no stutter step, nothing. Just indecision, lack of confidence and a predictable outcome. Blame can go around:

                              Jose: as a floor general you can't just keep sitting back at these moments.
                              Andrea: really? That's the best thing you could come up with? Grow some balls and show us you are better than Kris Humpheries cuz that last shot has me wondering.
                              Jay: Terrible play calling in the clutch all year. Keep it simple but run some shit to free up one of your top 2 options. Get some movement, some deception, anything to make it harder on the D. Instead you keep calling (and this goes back to last year) ISO's designed to kill the clock and guarantee a last shot but that allows the D time to read and react to the play call and setup in a way that makes it as hard as possible for your dude to score. I'm sick of Turk/Bargs whomever dribble out 10 of the last 12 seconds and take a long tough jumper with a hand in the face.
                              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                ... the game is decided throughout the entire 48 minutes of play
                                I would normally agree with this point if you were talking about a missed three in the middle of a run with time still on the clock but when you've played well enough to get the game down to a single possession for the win or loss you can look at that one decision and point a finger. Sure they could've played better and not found themselves in that position but in a pro ball game sometimes even the best players and teams find themselves in a do or die situation. Bargs choked. To death. The rest of the game he played well, he was active, he contributed enough to help put his team in a position to win blah blah blah. When it came time to win he didn't.
                                LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X