NBA Expansion in Montreal: Five Reasons Why Canada Deserves a Second NBA Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FOUR clubs in montreal!?!?

wow. somebody really wasted their trip to montreal.

hell.. barrie has more than 4 clubs.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
      FOUR clubs in montreal!?!?

wow. somebody really wasted their trip to montreal.

hell.. barrie has more than 4 clubs.
      Is there a Montreal in Saskatchewan? That might be the one he's thinking of.

I think Montreal is a fantastic city and would have absolutely no problem living there (well, if it weren't for the cold), but I can't see it being an NBA city. You never know, though.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

tim w. wrote: View Post
        is there a montreal in saskatchewan? That might be the one he's thinking of.
        hahahahah

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
          Uh, no they are not. Maybe in Mo West or NDG or the West Island but Overall Anglos are a minority.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Montreal

Besides that I was raised in Montreal and am back there 3-4 times a year every year. I have family, friends and colleagues who live there as well. French people are not a minority by any stretch of the imagination.

As for selling out HS BBall tourneys, so what? Québec will support their own with their last dollar but when it comes to pro sports they can be incredibly fickle. Read up on the Nordiques, Expos and the Als (before they came home). I mean if the Nords couldn't make it, despite the insane level of amateur and minor league Hockey in Qc, basketball doesn't stand a chance. Hell, just look at attendance for a Matrix game. No one cares. It's a pipe dream that I wish could become reality but it likely never will.
          Can you at least agree that someone who speaks only english will be able to live in MTL really easily, even without speaking a word of french? If you don't, you kidding cause my basketball coach only speaks english and he can do whatever he wants, in english.

As for the Matrix, there is 0 advertising. Everyone who don't follow basketball a lot just can't know them! And the level of play is not really high. College games are really more fun to watch. That's why the college games are sold out.
          Last edited by charlesnba23; Wed Mar 9, 2011, 06:21 PM.

Comment

the griz should come back
            ya dun noe

Comment

I'd agree you can get by without speaking French, it's more of a challenge but you can do it. I lived in Holland for awhile too and it's even easier to get by without Dutch there than it is to get by without French in the 514. I also find you need a thick skin to get by Anglo only in Montreal. People can be down right rude and hard to deal with if they don't see a modicum of effort. For what it's worth my parents both eventually left because it's just too hard to advance in nearly any career in MTL/Québec if you don't speak French.

My main point was that Anglos are still less than 20% of the cities populace. And Francos are still a majority
              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Just moved to montreal about three months ago and still have not found many hoop junkies. Basketball gets little to no press here and Mtl hockey coverage has gotta be worse then toronto maple leaf media over kill. I think montreal people would only support a winning elite franchise.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  In Obama's defense on the bank bailing, it was Bush that started the process. Obama didn't have much choice in the matter.
                  I like where you and Apollo's heads are at. Obama is a charming figurehead who was put into office to try and sway ill will feelings that the U.S. people had towards Bush, and the Government. The fact is that U.S. presidents have no pull when it comes to altering the landscape of politics; especially in the U.S, corporations rule all. Exactly like Apollo has stated.

Back to bball. They gotta move the team to Vancouver and sign Yao Ming & Steve Nash. Yao would appeal to the HUGE asian community, and Steve would obviously appeal to everybody. This probably isn't the solution to win a championship, but it could get basketball running on its feet.

Comment

Working...
                  X