Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ED Davis' FG% Ranking... If He Qualified: 2nd In The NBA

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    I was critical of the Amir and Colangelo during the off-season. I did not believe he was worth the deal he received. I have changed my mind. The contract was not a coup for Colangelo but Amir is playing at a level where the deal fits. He brings rebounding, defense and energy. 10 and 7 for $5-7M/yr isn't bad and the guy still has time to grow.
    Apollo do you really think that Amir and Ed could be a starting caliber 4 and 5? I think it's possible but there isn't a whole lot of height and bulk there. I looked at the top 5 teams in the league right now and compared and Raps would def be lacking. .
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

    Comment


    • #17
      Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
      Ed Davis is the future for PF in this team. BC better fix his mistake and trade Amir Johnson this offseason before everyone around the NBA realize he is an over paid bust.

      Jay needs to give more and more minutes to Davis and really groom him to play along side AB.
      What is the mistake? He overpaid at the time but it is clear Amir is worth the money. Also, what is wrong with Amir coming off the bench? That is where I see him eventually, anyways, but that is my opinion. If you look around the league currently and in the recent past you'll see big men are paid ridiculous amounts for very little production. Amir has a reasonable NBA contract and is giving the Raps many returns on the investment. Sometimes I have to remind myself he is 23. To put that in to context, Minnesota's rookie Wesley Johnson is 23. Al Thorton was 23/24 when he was drafted by the Clippers.

      Comment


      • #18
        Employee wrote: View Post
        Apollo do you really think that Amir and Ed could be a starting caliber 4 and 5? I think it's possible but there isn't a whole lot of height and bulk there. I looked at the top 5 teams in the league right now and compared and Raps would def be lacking. .
        I'm not Apollo but I don't think so for the reasons you mentioned. I think they can be used periodically given certain matchups within a game. I hope that is how it plays out down the road.

        Comment


        • #19
          Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
          First of all, It is not 5.5 and it is much more and will be even more the following seasons and hence even harder to trade him.
          Never bring wrong information to a debate, let alone start with it.

          Amir's contract: 2010/11$5,000,000; 2011/12 $5,500,000; 2012/13 $6,000,000; 2013/14 $6,500,000; 2014/15 $7,000,000

          Compare that to Diop, or Jeff Foster, or Brendan Haywood, or Joel Pryzbilla, and on and on.

          Comment


          • #20
            Employee wrote: View Post
            Apollo do you really think that Amir and Ed could be a starting caliber 4 and 5? I think it's possible but there isn't a whole lot of height and bulk there. I looked at the top 5 teams in the league right now and compared and Raps would def be lacking. .
            Yes. in another thread, I said if Ed Davis packs on muscle. The man is 6'10 and has great reach. There are many centers in the league who are 6'10". Look at the combo of Bargnani and Bosh last year compared to the top five teams. They were greatly lacking in other areas. I said if Ed packs on muscle, and the Raptors get some more fire power at the wing and/or perimeter then it would work well. The Raptors haven't had the paint on lock down since Antonio Davis, Oak and Clark were knocking guys around here. They almost went to the conference finals then. They should have went to the NBA finals then.

            Comment


            • #21
              Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
              If we give Ed Davis the same minute as Amir RIGHT NOW, he can easily put up the same numbers. Next year, Amir can not even come close to Davis and his Ass and his big contract will be nailed to the bench !!

              The point here is that the future belongs to Ed Davis. He has a higher basketball IQ than Amir, is more talented and is younger and ... Amir has no place in this team.

              FIX this mistake ASAP BC !! you know you have some unfinished business with Keliza's contract as well
              A team needs a strong bench and role players to compete. Amir's talent is on par or better than just about every big off the bench in the league.

              Amir is hardly a mistake. Kleiza got injured - it is unfortunate, not a mistake, in my opinion.

              Comment


              • #22
                Apollo wrote: View Post
                Yes. in another thread, I said if Ed Davis packs on muscle. The man is 6'10 and has great reach. There are many centers in the league who are 6'10". Look at the combo of Bargnani and Bosh last year compared to the top five teams. They were greatly lacking in other areas. I said if Ed packs on muscle, and the Raptors get some more fire power at the wing and/or perimeter then it would work well. The Raptors haven't had the paint on lock down since Antonio Davis, Oak and Clark were knocking guys around here. They almost went to the conference finals then. They should have went to the NBA finals then.
                Ok. Well 1st off I'm def not say Bosh and Bargs is the example anyone should be using.

                So let's say that Davis puts on the pounds. One other aspect that has me concerned is that they are both very similar players. Both are bangers and at this point have shown very little semblance of a post game. We've seen flashes from Amir, but that's about it. Raps would be relying a whole lot on the perimeter game and garbage buckets.
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Employee wrote: View Post
                  Ok. Well 1st off I'm def not say Bosh and Bargs is the example anyone should be using.

                  So let's say that Davis puts on the pounds. One other aspect that has me concerned is that they are both very similar players. Both are bangers and at this point have shown very little semblance of a post game. We've seen flashes from Amir, but that's about it. Raps would be relying a whole lot on the perimeter game and garbage buckets.
                  They're not a similar as you think. Amir Johnson is developing skills further away from the basket where as Ed looks to be a pro who will turn out to be a low post player. They both have a lot of similarities on the glass and on defense but they desperately need that. If they get another high volume scorer at the wing they won't need big point totals from their bigs. Not to mention both guys are very young, will fill out and will develop their skills a great deal before they hit their primes.

                  I would feel a lot better about the future if we're talking about two defensive, rebounding big men rather than Bargnani and one defensive, rebounding big man.

                  By the way, Ed only needs 15lbs to reach Noah's size. Just saying...

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                    First of all, It is not 5.5 and it is much more and will be even more the following seasons and hence even harder to trade him.

                    Also, Just because bunch of dudes are over paid and have a bad contract, it does not make Amir's good any better !! Jason Kapano is getting paid 7 million a year , is it fair to Pay Sonny Weems 5 and then say he is not over paid !!! Come on, where is the logic there ??

                    Now,as far as the numbers, anyone can put up big numbers in garbage team like Raptor. Remember the numbers that David Lee was putting up last year in NY ? Where is he now ?

                    If we give Ed Davis the same minute as Amir RIGHT NOW, he can easily put up the same numbers. Next year, Amir can not even come close to Davis and his Ass and his big contract will be nailed to the bench !!

                    The point here is that the future belongs to Ed Davis. He has a higher basketball IQ than Amir, is more talented and is younger and ... Amir has no place in this team.

                    FIX this mistake ASAP BC !! you know you have some unfinished business with Keliza's contract as well
                    Unfortunately, that is one of the ways to justify if a salary is too high or too low, you have to compare it to other players with the same position and skillset. For what Amir brings to the table, 5.5-7mil is justifiable, IMO. He's pretty much getting the same salary as Marvin Williams, Al Harrington, Thabeet, Luke Walton....and Amir is pretty much the same or better than these guys but definitely not lower.

                    I dont think Amir is "flourishing" on this team because its a garbage team. An example of your point is probably Beasley, honestly, i dont think he is that good, but he's getting 21 shots because he's on a bad team. Same with K-Love. I think Love's numbers are a bit bloated because no other guy rebounds on that team. Dont get me wrong, he is a good rebounder but 15 a game is a bit too much. Amir's numbers are solid. If forced to do more, he probably could. And David Lee still, pretty much has the same numbers he had back in NYC, well a little under but not far off.

                    I agree, i think Davis should start and Amir be the backup, but thats me.

                    Kleiza has to go no doubt, specially if we get a wing in the draft.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      tbihis wrote: View Post
                      Unfortunately, that is one of the ways to justify if a salary is too high or too low, you have to compare it to other players with the same position and skillset. For what Amir brings to the table, 5.5-7mil is justifiable, IMO. He's pretty much getting the same salary as Marvin Williams, Al Harrington, Thabeet, Luke Walton....and Amir is pretty much the same or better than these guys but definitely not lower.

                      I dont think Amir is "flourishing" on this team because its a garbage team. An example of your point is probably Beasley, honestly, i dont think he is that good, but he's getting 21 shots because he's on a bad team. Same with K-Love. I think Love's numbers are a bit bloated because no other guy rebounds on that team. Dont get me wrong, he is a good rebounder but 15 a game is a bit too much. Amir's numbers are solid. If forced to do more, he probably could. And David Lee still, pretty much has the same numbers he had back in NYC, well a little under but not far off.

                      I agree, i think Davis should start and Amir be the backup, but thats me.

                      Kleiza has to go no doubt, specially if we get a wing in the draft.
                      The notion that Amir is overpaid is a little ridiculous. Is he playing more minutes because he's on a bad team? Possibly, but you could say the same thing about ALL the Raptor players including Bargnani. And Amir is the type of player that would get minutes on any team because he's an excellent role player, shoots a high percentage, plays defense, rebounds and hustles. You stick him on San Antonio or the Lakers or Miami and he'd still be playing at least 20 mpg. Teams ALWAYS like and play players like Amir because they are consistently productive whether they play a lot of minutes or not a lot of minutes.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                        Ed Davis is the future for PF in this team. BC better fix his mistake and trade Amir Johnson this offseason before everyone around the NBA realize he is an over paid bust.

                        Jay needs to give more and more minutes to Davis and really groom him to play along side AB.
                        I'm usually more verbose than this but, huh? I think what you meant to say was:

                        Ed Davis is the future for PF in this team. BC better fix his mistake and trade Andrea Bargnani this offseason before everyone around the NBA realize he is an over paid bust.

                        Jay needs to give more and more minutes to Davis and really groom him to play along side AJ.


                        AB, AJ, sometimes I get confused with the acronyms myself.
                        Last edited by Balls of Steel; Wed Mar 9th, 2011, 05:57 PM.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                          I'm usually more verbose than this but, huh? I think what you meant to say was:

                          Ed Davis is the future for PF in this team. BC better fix his mistake and trade Andrea Bargnani this offseason before everyone around the NBA realize he is an over paid bust.

                          Jay needs to give more and more minutes to Davis and really groom him to play along side AJ.


                          AB, AJ, sometimes I get confused with the acronyms myself.
                          I find it a little odd that you can argue that Amir is overpaid, but not Bargnani. Amir makes $3 million less, yet is better in all aspects of the game except scoring. And unfortunately that difference goes from $3 million this year to $5 million in four years. The argument that Amir only gets as many minutes because he's on a bad team can be said for Bargnani. You think a good team would let him play more than 25 mpg with his poor defense and rebounding?
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Nene is #1 with .626 FG%
                            Ed Davis would be #2 with .612 FG%
                            D12 is really #2 with .600 FG%
                            Amir is really #3 with .576 FG%

                            The reason Ed doesn't qualify is because of his lack of minutes.

                            ESPN
                            A wise man once said you make 100% of the shots you dont take

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                              A wise man once said you make 100% of the shots you dont take
                              That saying is actually "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
                              Unless we're talking about different wise men?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                That saying is actually "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
                                Unless we're talking about different wise men?
                                lol your clearly not understanding my sarcasm ... im just trying to point out the obvious the less shots you take the more likely you are to shoot a higher percentage..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X