X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    If we give Ed Davis the same minute as Amir RIGHT NOW, he can easily put up the same numbers. Next year, Amir can not even come close to Davis and his Ass and his big contract will be nailed to the bench !!

The point here is that the future belongs to Ed Davis. He has a higher basketball IQ than Amir, is more talented and is younger and ... Amir has no place in this team.

FIX this mistake ASAP BC !! you know you have some unfinished business with Keliza's contract as well
    A team needs a strong bench and role players to compete. Amir's talent is on par or better than just about every big off the bench in the league.

Amir is hardly a mistake. Kleiza got injured - it is unfortunate, not a mistake, in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Employee wrote: View Post
    Apollo do you really think that Amir and Ed could be a starting caliber 4 and 5? I think it's possible but there isn't a whole lot of height and bulk there. I looked at the top 5 teams in the league right now and compared and Raps would def be lacking. .
    Yes. in another thread, I said if Ed Davis packs on muscle. The man is 6'10 and has great reach. There are many centers in the league who are 6'10". Look at the combo of Bargnani and Bosh last year compared to the top five teams. They were greatly lacking in other areas. I said if Ed packs on muscle, and the Raptors get some more fire power at the wing and/or perimeter then it would work well. The Raptors haven't had the paint on lock down since Antonio Davis, Oak and Clark were knocking guys around here. They almost went to the conference finals then. They should have went to the NBA finals then.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    First of all, It is not 5.5 and it is much more and will be even more the following seasons and hence even harder to trade him.
    Never bring wrong information to a debate, let alone start with it.

Amir's contract: 2010/11$5,000,000; 2011/12 $5,500,000; 2012/13 $6,000,000; 2013/14 $6,500,000; 2014/15 $7,000,000

Compare that to Diop, or Jeff Foster, or Brendan Haywood, or Joel Pryzbilla, and on and on.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Employee wrote: View Post
    Apollo do you really think that Amir and Ed could be a starting caliber 4 and 5? I think it's possible but there isn't a whole lot of height and bulk there. I looked at the top 5 teams in the league right now and compared and Raps would def be lacking. .
    I'm not Apollo but I don't think so for the reasons you mentioned. I think they can be used periodically given certain matchups within a game. I hope that is how it plays out down the road.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Ed Davis is the future for PF in this team. BC better fix his mistake and trade Amir Johnson this offseason before everyone around the NBA realize he is an over paid bust.

Jay needs to give more and more minutes to Davis and really groom him to play along side AB.
    What is the mistake? He overpaid at the time but it is clear Amir is worth the money. Also, what is wrong with Amir coming off the bench? That is where I see him eventually, anyways, but that is my opinion. If you look around the league currently and in the recent past you'll see big men are paid ridiculous amounts for very little production. Amir has a reasonable NBA contract and is giving the Raps many returns on the investment. Sometimes I have to remind myself he is 23. To put that in to context, Minnesota's rookie Wesley Johnson is 23. Al Thorton was 23/24 when he was drafted by the Clippers.

Leave a comment:

• Employee
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    I was critical of the Amir and Colangelo during the off-season. I did not believe he was worth the deal he received. I have changed my mind. The contract was not a coup for Colangelo but Amir is playing at a level where the deal fits. He brings rebounding, defense and energy. 10 and 7 for $5-7M/yr isn't bad and the guy still has time to grow.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Ahem... sorry... WHAT?!
    Really?? Do you watch Amir play? Do you watch Raptors games even?!

I'm not sure 'over paid' or 'bust' are accurate words to describe Amir Johnson.
    I was critical of the Amir and Colangelo during the off-season. I did not believe he was worth the deal he received. I have changed my mind. The contract was not a coup for Colangelo but Amir is playing at a level where the deal fits. He brings rebounding, defense and energy. 10 and 7 for $5-7M/yr isn't bad and the guy still has time to grow.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor4Ever
    replied
    WJF wrote: View Post
    Do you really think that Amir and the 5.5 mil he will make next year is a mistake and he is a bust? In less than 27 minutes a game he is putting up 10 and 7 with 1.3 blocks per game, pretty decent if you ask me. .
    First of all, It is not 5.5 and it is much more and will be even more the following seasons and hence even harder to trade him.

Also, Just because bunch of dudes are over paid and have a bad contract, it does not make Amir's good any better !! Jason Kapano is getting paid 7 million a year , is it fair to Pay Sonny Weems 5 and then say he is not over paid !!! Come on, where is the logic there ??

Now,as far as the numbers, anyone can put up big numbers in garbage team like Raptor. Remember the numbers that David Lee was putting up last year in NY ? Where is he now ?

If we give Ed Davis the same minute as Amir RIGHT NOW, he can easily put up the same numbers. Next year, Amir can not even come close to Davis and his Ass and his big contract will be nailed to the bench !!

The point here is that the future belongs to Ed Davis. He has a higher basketball IQ than Amir, is more talented and is younger and ... Amir has no place in this team.

FIX this mistake ASAP BC !! you know you have some unfinished business with Keliza's contract as well
    Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Wed Mar 9, 2011, 03:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    WJF wrote: View Post
    Do you really think that Amir and the 5.5 mil he will make next year is a mistake and he is a bust? In less than 27 minutes a game he is putting up 10 and 7 with 1.3 blocks per game, pretty decent if you ask me. I am not a huge Amir fan, but your comment was just plain stupid. I like what Davis brings to the table and feel he will be a starter early in his career, but Amir and his contract going forward is better than guys like Al Harington 6.2 mil, Drew Gooden 6.2 mil, Anderson Varejao 7.7 mil, Charie V, 7.5 mil all for teh 2011/12 season.
    Bait, fish, fish, bait.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    Ed Davis is the future for PF in this team. BC better fix his mistake and trade Amir Johnson this offseason before everyone around the NBA realize he is an over paid bust.

Jay needs to give more and more minutes to Davis and really groom him to play along side AB.
    Do you really think that Amir and the 5.5 mil he will make next year is a mistake and he is a bust? In less than 27 minutes a game he is putting up 10 and 7 with 1.3 blocks per game, pretty decent if you ask me. I am not a huge Amir fan, but your comment was just plain stupid. I like what Davis brings to the table and feel he will be a starter early in his career, but Amir and his contract going forward is better than guys like Al Harington 6.2 mil, Drew Gooden 6.2 mil, Anderson Varejao 7.7 mil, Charie V, 7.5 mil all for teh 2011/12 season.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    I like the fact they are babying Davis a little in terms of his minutes. He gets to go out there and play at 100% speed for 20+ minutes and doesn't have to worry about pacing himself or conserving energy. He also gets a full year to develop his conditioning, etc. to where he can play 30+minutes, while having some time to learn the league and what parts of his game need work. Plus, Amir has been just fine at the 4 after a slow start and there isn't a need to push Davis coming off an injury.

I do think that next year you will see a lot more Ed Davis. I mean, the guy has been a virtual double-double lock when he plays starter minutes and you can't say that about Amir or Bargs.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    BC better fix his mistake and trade Amir Johnson this offseason before everyone around the NBA realize he is an over paid bust.
    Ahem... sorry... WHAT?!
    Really?? Do you watch Amir play? Do you watch Raptors games even?!

I'm not sure 'over paid' or 'bust' are accurate words to describe Amir Johnson.

Leave a comment:

• Raptor4Ever
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Tim W.
    replied
    Well, technically, it's not more minutes that would qualify Davis, it's more shots. Obviously with more minutes, he'd get more shots, but if he hadn't been injured, he'd have made more field goals. Of course, he still wouldn't qualify without taking more per game.

Leave a comment:

• Employee
    replied
    Now Eric Hughes has to work his magic like he did with Amir and get this doode shooting free throws propah!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X