Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jrdyck
    replied
    I think it's goofy that some of those guys don't qualify for categories like that. Nene has 516attempts, but DeAndre Jordan (265), Tyson Chandler (323), and Davis (224) have enough to warrant recognition among the "qualified" leaders IMO. Obviously you can't give Jeremy Evans the top spot at 71% on 46 of 64 shooting, but the other three I think deserve it.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    ebrian wrote: View Post
    Well, to be fair if you want to count unqualified players, then you have to count all of them and not just Davis. (Still that puts him in 7th which is pretty awesome.)
    I don't want to be fair. I just wanted to point out where he would be if he had enough minutes to qualify.

Leave a comment:

• ebrian
    replied
    Well, to be fair if you want to count unqualified players, then you have to count all of them and not just Davis. (Still that puts him in 7th which is pretty awesome.)

I know for me, it's not so much if he starts or not but every time I look at the boxscore I'm annoyed to see he had 6 shot attempts. I swear this is the most popular number for him, and it has got to change.. he needs to be involved more in the offense. I'm guessing the coaches just haven't gotten around to that part of his game yet and is just perfectly happy with what Davis has brought thus far.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Same here man. I really think if he packs on the muscle he can be a Joakim Noah type player. That's exactly the kind of player a team needs to build with if they want to consistently contend year in, year out. Ed Davis, Amir Johnson, these two guys are partially the reason why I feel maybe, just maybe, Colangelo has turned the page and has realized he needs to bring in defensive minded players if he ever wants to win a Championship. It's better to be late to the dance than not show up in my opinion. If Ed gets bigger and the team drafts a guy like Irving on the perimeter or Harrison Barnes at the wing, the Raptors would probably have enough fire power outside to allow them to start Ed and Amir together... Which leaves Bargnani...

Leave a comment:

• heinz57
    replied
    wow... good for him. hopefully they can get a full year out of him next year..

really looking forward to watching the kid develop

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    started a topic ED Davis' FG% Ranking... If He Qualified: 2nd In The NBA

ED Davis' FG% Ranking... If He Qualified: 2nd In The NBA

Nene is #1 with .626 FG%
    Ed Davis would be #2 with .612 FG%
    D12 is really #2 with .600 FG%
    Amir is really #3 with .576 FG%

The reason Ed doesn't qualify is because of his lack of minutes.

ESPN
Working...
X