Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reggie is back!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Another impressive game for Evans. He is making a case for himself and I think we can have him for much cheaper price next season in comparison to Amir.

    Davis as well showed that even being in foul trouble he can put up numbers that are similar to Amir even in this season.
    Time to say Goodbye to Amir Johnson and spent the money on the SF.

    Comment


    • #17
      Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
      MVP for a 18 game winning season !!! we might have one or two less wins but then looking back on those dumb fouls at the end of two games when the opponent was shooting a three + additional 6 million that could have brought another player on, then I would say we would have been on par WITH or WITHOUT Amir.
      I do have doubts of MVP's on 18 game winning seasons. But what I said stands. Amir has shown up game in and game out. No Raptor Truther could deny it. And if you look at our starting lineup for defense you are looking at DD, AB and JC. What is the sound of someone blowing by a defender? It sounds like a Raptor.

      The worst record in NBA history is 9-73. The '73 76er's. Without Amir we might be challenging that record. You cannot win in this league with no D. And sometimes, with Reggie out, it has only been ED and Amir that has offered some defense and rebounding. I do not even want to consider this year without Amir. You think it's been hard? Picture something apocalyptic.
      I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, hes listed as Chu Chu. I think hes worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name. -Tim W.

      Comment


      • #18
        He's looked great. My question is this. With Amir Johnson, Ed Davis, James Johnson and Julian Wright at the forward spots, why is Reggie getting close to 30 a game now at this point with the playoffs out of reach and with him destined to leave the club when his contract runs out in June?

        Comment


        • #19
          Apollo wrote: View Post
          He's looked great. My question is this. With Amir Johnson, Ed Davis, James Johnson and Julian Wright at the forward spots, why is Reggie getting close to 30 a game now at this point with the playoffs out of reach and with him destined to leave the club when his contract runs out in June?
          Wright is not coming back and that should be obvious now.
          James Johnson is getting his minutes.
          Thanks to Amir's injury, Davis is getting his points as well.

          So maybe BC is trying to see who is better and CHEAPER fit for that 10-15 back up PF position next year ? If he can get Evans for cheaper price than Amir, then why not trade him !!!

          Comment


          • #20
            Apollo wrote: View Post
            He's looked great. My question is this. With Amir Johnson, Ed Davis, James Johnson and Julian Wright at the forward spots, why is Reggie getting close to 30 a game now at this point with the playoffs out of reach and with him destined to leave the club when his contract runs out in June?
            Possible sign and trade scenarios to increase his value? Unlikely.

            I think it is a situation where Reggie is a very good person and teammate. He has been nothing but a professional with the Raptors. If the Raps are not going to sign him again, given his age and his lack of playing time the last 2 seasons due to injury, they are giving him an opportunity to show what he can do. Basically they are helping him get more than a minimum contract next year.

            Comment


            • #21
              Apollo wrote: View Post
              He's looked great. My question is this. With Amir Johnson, Ed Davis, James Johnson and Julian Wright at the forward spots, why is Reggie getting close to 30 a game now at this point with the playoffs out of reach and with him destined to leave the club when his contract runs out in June?
              Because Amir was injured, Ed wasn't playing all that great, and I guess they haven't fully started 'tanking' yet?
              I was at the game yesterday sitting 20 back, and you could see it and hear it. Reggie is contagious. The fans LOVE Reggie every time he comes out because he hustles and tries on every play. If he's the only one doing that on the court, then 30 minutes isn't enough in my opinion.

              Comment


              • #22
                Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                MVP for a 18 game winning season !!! we might have one or two less wins but then looking back on those dumb fouls at the end of two games when the opponent was shooting a three + additional 6 million that could have brought another player on, then I would say we would have been on par WITH or WITHOUT Amir.
                $6M? You're making that number up. He's making $5M this year. $5.5M next year.
                And we could not have used that money to bring another player on, because when you resign a player, you do so regardless of Cap. We were over the cap no matter what.

                Annd I disagree with your whole argument.
                And those late game situations you speak of, you also seem to forget Demars silly foul, us missing easy shots, giving them easy shots etc.
                It's NEVER on just one guy.

                Comment


                • #23
                  joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  Because Amir was injured, Ed wasn't playing all that great, and I guess they haven't fully started 'tanking' yet?
                  I was at the game yesterday sitting 20 back, and you could see it and hear it. Reggie is contagious. The fans LOVE Reggie every time he comes out because he hustles and tries on every play. If he's the only one doing that on the court, then 30 minutes isn't enough in my opinion.
                  There's a big difference between trying to lose and playing your young players.

                  Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  I think it is a situation where Reggie is a very good person and teammate. He has been nothing but a professional with the Raptors. If the Raps are not going to sign him again, given his age and his lack of playing time the last 2 seasons due to injury, they are giving him an opportunity to show what he can do. Basically they are helping him get more than a minimum contract next year.
                  Maybe but then one could ask the question why are they not doing that for Julian Wright, Joey Dorsey or Sonny Weems? I don't think the Raptors should be about padding free agent's stats.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Maybe but then one could ask the question why are they not doing that for Julian Wright, Joey Dorsey or Sonny Weems? I don't think the Raptors should be about padding free agent's stats.
                    Sonny had ample opportunities this year to show what he can do and he is 24.
                    Wright had opportunities - not many though and probably not as many as he deserved - and he is 23.
                    Dorsey had the fewest of opportunities and of these three and he is most likely to return in my opinion.

                    Evans is going to be 30 next year and has been injured for the better part of two seasons.

                    Amir is injured so there are an extra 25 minutes per game there for the near future.

                    I really don't know why he is playing so much though. I was taking a stab at your question.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      One could argue Evans has had years to prove his worth and enters FA averaging 4 and 14. Honestly, what team doesn't know what he brings to the table now at this point? The Clippers? He's not due for a big pay day and I really don't think the injuries are going to stop him from getting his market worth. The CBA negotiations will probably lower his salary more than anything.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Apollo wrote: View Post
                        One could argue Evans has had years to prove his worth and enters FA averaging 4 and 14. Honestly, what team doesn't know what he brings to the table now at this point? The Clippers? He's not due for a big pay day and I really don't think the injuries are going to stop him from getting his market worth. The CBA negotiations will probably lower his salary more than anything.
                        Good points.

                        Imagine if he wasn't playing. Everyone would be up in arms, "Why isn't he playing?!?!?"

                        Maybe JT/BC are trying to send a message to the younger players, "Work your @ss off day in and day out and you are rewarded." That of course flies in the face of Andrea but maybe they are hoping they cancel each other out.

                        I don't know, man. I feel like I'm at a birthday party, blind folded, swinging at the pinata.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Here's to hoping Bargnani will be out shortly...

                          I like Reggie. I love everything he represents on the court. I just don't see the worth to the team in giving him such minutes when the season is a wash and their fate probably doesn't include him in it. I'm all for trying to win every game to the bitter end but I want to see it played out with the young guys.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I almost think they may still be trying to gauge whether or not they want to keep Reggie and that's what the playing time is for. They really haven't had much time to evaluate him and they may be curious if he is going to be his old self after the injury.
                            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

                            -Churchill

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Every team needs a guy like Evans. What's great about Reggie is not only is he the glue, but he's such a goddamned beast on the boards. I've said it many times before, but the redundancy on the roster has to be sorted out. Given a possible PF rotation of:

                              Amir/ED
                              Amir/Evans
                              ED/Evans

                              I'd take ED/Evans. I don't see anything stopping Davis from becoming better than Amir. Or at the very minimum as good as. There is no need for the two together going forward, not when the Raps need upgrades at nearly every position. Amir should have good market value. Given his production this year his contract is highly reasonable, which should only help under whatever new CBA gets hammered out.

                              JJ and Kleiza can both play the 4 as well, so depth at the 4, even without Amir, is still solid. You can't replace what Evans brings - his boards, or his attitude. It's what the Raps need, and it's why I want Evans back.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                                Every team needs a guy like Evans. What's great about Reggie is not only is he the glue, but he's such a goddamned beast on the boards. I've said it many times before, but the redundancy on the roster has to be sorted out. Given a possible PF rotation of:

                                Amir/ED
                                Amir/Evans
                                ED/Evans

                                I'd take ED/Evans. I don't see anything stopping Davis from becoming better than Amir. Or at the very minimum as good as. There is no need for the two together going forward, not when the Raps need upgrades at nearly every position. Amir should have good market value. Given his production this year his contract is highly reasonable, which should only help under whatever new CBA gets hammered out.

                                JJ and Kleiza can both play the 4 as well, so depth at the 4, even without Amir, is still solid. You can't replace what Evans brings - his boards, or his attitude. It's what the Raps need, and it's why I want Evans back.
                                Nicely Said and I think the important part that some of Raptor fans do not realize is in the red.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X