Reggie is back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggie is back!

Reggie had 16 rebound and 6 offensive. Dood looks like he didn't even get injured! BEAST!
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Fri Mar 11, 2011, 10:55 PM.

Yeah, he has been missed. Hope to see this monster back next year.
    Luv ya, Reggie.
    “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Y'all think we would've made the playoffs if he didn't get injured? Sure looks like a different team when he's out there...

We're 7-10 when he plays, which is the pace for a 34-48 record. The 8th seed right now (Indy and Charlotte, against which I'm calling a win on Sunday) are on pace for 34 wins as well... Wouldda been close!

I do hope they bring him back... He's just killing right now and having a breakout season (never averaged over 10 boards)... He has a good attitude and seems to like the place.

With Demar, Amir, Ed and Jose coming into their own, I think we can go places... Especially if Andrea and/or Sonny and/or Bayless or JJ, etc, get their shit together and become more consistent...

Comment

Shee wrote: View Post
        Y'all think we would've made the playoffs if he didn't get injured? Sure looks like a different team when he's out there...

We're 7-10 when he plays, which is the pace for a 34-48 record. The 8th seed right now (Indy and Charlotte, against which I'm calling a win on Sunday) are on pace for 34 wins as well... Wouldda been close!

I do hope they bring him back... He's just killing right now and having a breakout season (never averaged over 10 boards)... He has a good attitude and seems to like the place.

With Demar, Amir, Ed and Jose coming into their own, I think we can go places... Especially if Andrea and/or Sonny and/or Bayless or JJ, etc, get their shit together and become more consistent...
        Nice post. Welcome to RR!

We're actually 7-11 with Reggie in the Lineup this year, but I still agree with what you're saying.
        The team plays with ALOT more hustle on the floor when Reggie is playing. You can even see it in Bargs. Reggie gets on him and they'll wrestle for a board or two through out the game.
        Though I'm not sure we would have been playoff material this year, I think Reggie is someone any contending team is going to want to have on the roster. I'd be all for bringing him back. Thing is, with Amir and Ed both coming into their own, I'm not sure it's in the cards.

Love the 'Reggie! Reggie! Reggie!' chants at the game. Reminds me when fans used to chant 'JYD! JYD! JYD!'

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post

Reggie had 16 rebound and 6 offensive. Dood looks like he didn't even get injured! BEAST!
          That picture says it all. Both men, mouth wide open. One with passion and intensity, the other has little to say. However, I digress. It will be very difficult to let this guy go at the end of the season. IMO, he needs to be the veteran presence that this team desperately need. Despite his offensive shortcomings, he is much needed by this team.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

It's a blessing in disguise for two reasons:

First, our record to the bottom five is guaranteed. Second, it allowed Ed Davis to get minutes. It's all good.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Nah man, Reggie's played 17 games this year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1828/reggie-evans

But yeah Reggie brings it up a notch for everyone as far as intensity...

Comment

Nah man, Reggie's played 17 games this year.
                Oh weird, my bad. I thought I kept hearing Matt saying we were 6-10 with him before he got injured. And we've played two with him since. But I guess he missed one of those games earlier as well. Good find. Then 7-10 is pretty dam respectable for a group of 'scrubs'.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                  It's a blessing in disguise for two reasons:

First, our record to the bottom five is guaranteed. Second, it allowed Ed Davis to get minutes. It's all good.
                  Good point I guess.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    Oh weird, my bad. I thought I kept hearing Matt saying we were 6-10 with him before he got injured. And we've played two with him since. But I guess he missed one of those games earlier as well. Good find. Then 7-10 is pretty dam respectable for a group of 'scrubs'.
                    Yeah, I made a mistake in a post. I was quickly corrected. That was before he came back, of course.

Comment

Wonder if he'd take a pay cut to stay. You know there are teams out there that will pay him 4-5 million a year which in my opinion is too much of our cap space for him....

Comment

Toinsy wrote: View Post
                        Wonder if he'd take a pay cut to stay. You know there are teams out there that will pay him 4-5 million a year which in my opinion is too much of our cap space for him....

He is not going to take a pay cut but he is also not worth 6 million he is getting now. With the new CBA, a player like Evans who is very One dimentional, can get maximum of 3.5-4 million a year.

This price will make a perfect fit for Raptors. He can back up Ed Davis at 4 while playing 10-15 minutes a game and hence reduce his risk of injury.

This way, Amir Johnson becomes even more expandable and team can save up to 2 million a year by moving him out of Toronto.

Evans is a much better rebounder and brings much more energy and hustle and character than Amir while fouling on the lower rate. The only concern with him is his health that limited minute in the form of a Back Up PF can fix that issue.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                          He is not going to take a pay cut but he is also not worth 6 million he is getting now. With the new CBA, a player like Evans who is very One dimentional, can get maximum of 3.5-4 million a year.

This price will make a perfect fit for Raptors. He can back up Ed Davis at 4 while playing 10-15 minutes a game and hence reduce his risk of injury.

This way, Amir Johnson becomes even more expandable and team can save up to 2 million a year by moving him out of Toronto.

Evans is a much better rebounder and brings much more energy and hustle and character than Amir while fouling on the lower rate. The only concern with him is his health that limited minute in the form of a Back Up PF can fix that issue.
                          Have the details for the new CBA been released? I thought there was still a possibility of a lock out. How can Evans or any one dimensional player get a maximum of 3.5-4 million?

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post

How is Amir expendable? I think he is our MVP this year. I cannot imagine where we would be this year if not for him.
                            “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
                              How is Amir expendable? I think he is our MVP this year. I cannot imagine where we would be this year if not for him.
                              MVP for a 18 game winning season !!! we might have one or two less wins but then looking back on those dumb fouls at the end of two games when the opponent was shooting a three + additional 6 million that could have brought another player on, then I would say we would have been on par WITH or WITHOUT Amir.

Comment

Working...
                              X