• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decisions, Decisions!

Talk about a super-Saturday!

Raps vs Cats (SportsNet)

Duke vs UNC (ABC)

FLA VS UK (CBS)

How to watch them all? I think I'm going to watch college ball with a bit of flipping and PVR the Raps. Unfortunately, I can only record 1 thing at a time.

Obviously with that is the biggest problem in my day - life is good! *Even for a Raptors fan*

Raps, UNC, UK are winners, that's my prediction

Comment

Gotta go with Barnes
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Work it for daddy, Barnes.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Talk about a super-Saturday!

Raps vs Cats (SportsNet)

Duke vs UNC (ABC)

FLA VS UK (CBS)

How to watch them all? I think I'm going to watch college ball with a bit of flipping and PVR the Raps. Unfortunately, I can only record 1 thing at a time.

Obviously with that is the biggest problem in my day - life is good! *Even for a Raptors fan*
          Ugh. I should have finished reading the guide - the ABC game is Atlantic 10 - not Atlantic Coast Conference. Damn.

Comment

the steady improvement, and explosion last game, by Barnes makes the draft class look a little richer at the top. I think that there could be some quality in the top part of the draft. And the Raps may be as likely to get a gem selecting at 6 as they will at 1.

Comment

EaseMyPain wrote: View Post
              the steady improvement, and explosion last game, by Barnes makes the draft class look a little richer at the top. I think that there could be some quality in the top part of the draft. And the Raps may be as likely to get a gem selecting at 6 as they will at 1.
              Very true. It is 2006 all over again.

Comment

The combination of the Raptors terrible season winding down, NCAA 'march madness' just around the corner and several recent RR threads concerning the draft and beyond for the Raps, got me thinking/dreaming... IF (huge first if) the Raptors where somehow able to get the top pick in the draft lottery, is there any chance they could make some moves to get a second top-5 pick to enable them to get BOTH Irving AND Barnes???

Winning the lottery is the first IF, but not beyond the realm of possibility, especially if the Raps end with one of the worst 3-5 records in the league. IF they win the lottery, or lose to a team that may use the top pick on one of the good PF in the draft, it got me thinking... could they use Bayless, Barbosa, the TPE and cash to make a deal or deals to wind up with a second top draft pick?

Every year there are a couple playoff teams that trade (aka 'sell') their late 1-st round pick for up to $3mil cash. Maybe the Raptors make one or even two of those trades to acquire picks in the 20-30 range. Then they target a team with a 10-20 range pick with a big contract they want to unload... they give up Bayless (expendible with Irving and an untradeable Calderon on the team) along with the TPE to pickup a 10-15 pick and a bad contract (similar to what Cleveland did with Baron Davis). Would a 10-15 pick and 1 or 2 later 1-st round picks be enough to get a top-5 pick? Would getting Irving AND Barnes be worth swallowing a terrible contract?

Yes it's a dream at this point that all starts with the biggest IF of all, which is winning the lottery... but.... a core young nucleous of Irving, DeRozan, Barnes, Davis, A.Johnson, Bargnani... definitely worth dreaming about a little bit!
                Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Mar 14, 2011, 12:07 AM.

Comment

there are waaaaay to many "IFs".
                  IF we get the top pick in the draft then we can discuss this. right now its way to open.

Comment

Working...
                  X