Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to shut down?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Time to shut down?

    With less than 20 games to go in the season, and pretty much nowhere else to go, should the Raps shut down Demar, Bargs and Calderon? Give more minutes to Ed, Bayless, JJ and JuJu?

    I would probably give them maybe the 1st and beginning of the 3rd to stretch their legs but 2nd quarter and most of the 3rd and 4th let the subs do their thing.

  • #2
    tbihis wrote: View Post
    With less than 20 games to go in the season, and pretty much nowhere else to go, should the Raps shut down Demar, Bargs and Calderon? Give more minutes to Ed, Bayless, JJ and JuJu?

    I would probably give them maybe the 1st and beginning of the 3rd to stretch their legs but 2nd quarter and most of the 3rd and 4th let the subs do their thing.

    No unless they are legitimately injured.

    A great big no to DeMar. He needs to keep playing.

    Barbosa should be shut down to have his wrist surgery.

    Comment


    • #3
      Matt52 wrote: View Post
      No unless they are legitimately injured.

      A great big no to DeMar. He needs to keep playing.

      Barbosa should be shut down to have his wrist surgery.
      Absolutely.

      Comment


      • #4
        Jose : Limit his minute so he does not get injured.
        AB: Limit his minute because of his knee. Ask him to focus on defense and not offense. Try to work closely with him on the concept of help defense and ...

        Barbosa: Shut down for the season

        Demar: He needs to play ...

        Give your minutes to Davis, Wright, Bayless, James Johnson, Weems and Alabi and see what these guys are all about.

        Will this happen ? Ofcourse NOT.

        Comment


        • #5
          Like matt said a big no for demar derozan. Kid needs to keep playing and develop his skills. As for Bargnani, i think he is already receiving less minutes after london and bayless has started receiving more minutes.

          I want jay to start giving ed some major minutes now. That would really boost his confidence and we will get to see more if his game.
          "Stay steamy"

          - Kobe

          Comment


          • #6


            Maybe Barbosa since there is no reason he should be playing thought that injury and possibly making it worse.

            Comment


            • #7
              you wanna shut down derozan ? lol whats your basis?
              even bargnani.. why would we shut him down ? less mins fine , that could be argued but not shutdown. only guy on the roster that could be shutdown is barbosa for surgery. and possibly amir if his ankle is bothering him.everyone else on the roster has to keep playing and improoving, especially derozan

              Comment


              • #8
                demar is not getting a minutes decrease

                Comment


                • #9
                  Calderone - Get Bayless more time. Not a lot, but some.
                  AB - No.
                  DD - Absolutely not.

                  Agreed with other posters. I'd shit Barbosa down if he is so damaged. But he plays fine and does not look affected.
                  -Tim W.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    tbihis wrote: View Post
                    With less than 20 games to go in the season, and pretty much nowhere else to go, should the Raps shut down Demar, Bargs and Calderon? Give more minutes to Ed, Bayless, JJ and JuJu?

                    I would probably give them maybe the 1st and beginning of the 3rd to stretch their legs but 2nd quarter and most of the 3rd and 4th let the subs do their thing.
                    No. DeMar and Andrea are not old vets. They still need to grow and learn. I have no problem with Bayless getting more minutes and Reggie getting fewer to make way for the younger forwards. The fact that Reggie is getting big minutes suggests to me that they're going to try and win every game right to the bitter end.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If they shut down derozan i'm quitting the very difficult full time profession of being a raptors fan. that would be just plain retarded. Barbosa fine, and limit AB, like what's been said above.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Apollo wrote: View Post
                        No. DeMar and Andrea are not old vets. They still need to grow and learn. I have no problem with Bayless getting more minutes and Reggie getting fewer to make way for the younger forwards. The fact that Reggie is getting big minutes suggests to me that they're going to try and win every game right to the bitter end.
                        I think i shouldve put "limit their minutes" rather than "shut down" coz i favor the earlier.

                        They are indeed not old vets, but id play them less due to the risk of injury and fatigue. specially demar who's had issues with his ankles and bargs with pretty much everything else. calderon ill rest for sure, and definitely amir.

                        What would they learn in the last 14 games that they havent during the past 68? Most of the teams on the sched are either in the playoffs or out, only Milwaukee is competing for a playoff spot. Id definitely sit Demar and Bargs for that game, they dont need to be battling it out against a team who's going to do everything to win and get a playoff spot.

                        It would be unfair to the fans who want to watch these players if they are shut down just for that sake so maybe limit their minutes would be fine.

                        Im guessing theyre playing Reggie to get him back into shape, and have him ready for next season. Ive got a feeling they might offer reggie a vet min contract and hopefully he'll sign. He'll be a good mentor for the kids and he's a fan favorite so it would be quite sad if they lost him.
                        Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Mon Mar 14, 2011, 11:58 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I don't know about shutting guys down but playing guys who are less than 100% (e.g. Bargs with the flu) major minutes in meaningless games is stupid. The last thing this organization needs is to run Bargnani out there at 75% and see him sustain a serious injury.

                          Beyond Bargnani, I don't really care. The only other guys that are going to be here long-term are Derozan and Davis and they are both getting lots of time.

                          Reggie is only playing so much cause with Amir and Ajinca hurt so there are no other options. If Amir was healthy, Reggie wouldn't be playing 30 mins. I ahve no idea why Barbosa is such a big part of the equation. I'd rather experiment with Bayless in that role.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X