Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multipaul
    replied
    Whoever is open and or has the best shot/mismatch to exploit should get the ball. Guys like Weems, Barbo, Demar should stop chucking up bricks early in the shot clock and play the high-low game with Bargs and Davis.

Leave a comment:

• JoePanini
    replied
    DeMar and Bargnani should get the ball the most.

Leave a comment:

• goldenboy78
    replied
    I will wait patiently, I find myself not able to watch anygames this year because of the quality of plays and there defence is awful, I'm just going to take it for what it is a team that is rebuilding. This draft will do alot for the this team if we take the right guy, I'm getting really excited about the future which will be great in just a little time.

I just hope BC makes all the right moves, and drafts the right guys, one thing I will agree with is he has made some pretty good draft picks, I still have faith in BC

Leave a comment:

• SitnonDfence
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    You can imagine how difficult it is to take game after game when you are constantly putting out on defense, chasing your man and running thru and around screens, switching

Wont mention any names
    HEY! Thats a great strategy, maybe we should try that instead of taking J's all game, how come every game the "Coaches Keys" or w/e are "make (said SG/SF) work both ends of the floor" and yet all of our sets have very little to no movement and the worst screens in the history of basketball....#RANT END

Leave a comment:

• bloodyhandedgod
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    You can imagine how difficult it is to take game after game when you are constantly putting out on defense, chasing your man and running thru and around screens, switching and then with 2-3 secs left on the 24sec clock there is no help defense in the paint and there is a layin or dunk? I would pretty much guarantee a seachange in team defense if there was a presence like a Chandler or even a Dalembert who came to play. We'd actually score more points than we already do while lessening the opposition's.

Wont mention any names
    I agree with this a lot. Bad examples lead to bad play. Which we are Allstars @.

Leave a comment:

• webcrawler89
    replied
    Honestly, the one thing our team does least is feed the hot hand....So maybe the person who is hot in the moment should be given the ball, right?

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    albertan_10 wrote: View Post
    DeRozan wasn't great and yeah Sonny was known as a defender. I don't know what happened.
    You can imagine how difficult it is to take game after game when you are constantly putting out on defense, chasing your man and running thru and around screens, switching and then with 2-3 secs left on the 24sec clock there is no help defense in the paint and there is a layin or dunk? I would pretty much guarantee a seachange in team defense if there was a presence like a Chandler or even a Dalembert who came to play. We'd actually score more points than we already do while lessening the opposition's.

Wont mention any names

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsFTW12
    replied
    great vid

Leave a comment:

• e2thed
    replied
    http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...t_derozan.nba/

nice video spotlighting DeMar on NBA.com

Leave a comment:

• albertan_10
    replied
    RaptorsFTW12 wrote: View Post
    it's kinda sad, because last year when watching the games, i truly believed that sonny and demar were good or even decent defenders. What happened to that? Is it because of the burden of offense for DD and sonny?
    DeRozan wasn't great and yeah Sonny was known as a defender. I don't know what happened.

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsFTW12
    replied
    it's kinda sad, because last year when watching the games, i truly believed that sonny and demar were good or even decent defenders. What happened to that? Is it because of the burden of offense for DD and sonny?

Leave a comment:

• bloodyhandedgod
    replied
    Yeah, last nights game was hard on the eyes. I'd like to answer the original poster and say "anyone who is at least trying to play D." The meaning being that no effort defensively should not be supported by giving the ball offensively. But that is not the way on this Raptors team. Take that as you will.

As a team we do not offer Team defense. We specialize in the Ole Defense and the 3 Guys Who Watch Someone Blow By Defense. (a variation on the first Defense) On Offense we feed Barny mostly. I'd like to answer your question, but I cannot tell you who should get the ball. I'd like Jose and Bayless make the decisions that PG's are supposed to. And a large part of the job is making sure you keep all the players in the game. Moving the ball around.

Leave a comment:

• Tortacular
    replied
    I assume we're talking about at the end of the play. Because Jose is (and should be) the guy with the ball in his hands the most.

Barbosa and Derozan can create shots, but mainly just for themselves. Which is fine, but you don't want either of them monopolizing the ball to that degree. Derozan has come a long way this year in terms of his all-around game, but he's still got a lot of work to do. So you don't want to lay the entire offense at his feet yet. That's how bad habits develop in young guys.

I definitely agree that an offense designed around Bargnani is just inefficient and not nearly aggressive enough. Hoping he'll be traded but he probably won't be.

Leave a comment:

• Raptors_
    replied
    e2thed wrote: View Post
    Weems is an inconsistent fool and so its RaptorsFan4Life.
    I agree with both your statements

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsFTW12
    replied
    alright boys lets calm down, Sonny is a decent player, but he's an energy player, he'll may evolve into something greater but for now i believe that his greatest asset to this team is his ability to score.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X