Who's Stayin', Who's Goin'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Stayin', Who's Goin'?

This will be a very active summer for the Raps. Year 2 of the "re-up" is almost upon us, lots of moves to be made.

I think there are some key moves that will be made, with lots of players getting traded away.

Here is my prediction:

Traded
    Amir Johnson
    Ajinca
    Calderon

** if BC is not re-upped by MLSE, then Barg's is probably outtie, with Amir staying.

Gone
    Reggie
    Weems

My prediction is that they might have to ship : Everyone except DeMar ,Davis, J.Johnson and Barbosa
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
      My prediction is that they might have to ship : Everyone except DeMar ,Davis, J.Johnson and Barbosa
      I think they might hold onto Bayless, but I wouldn't doubt if ur prediction came true

Comment

Hard to say who'll be around from the current roster until we know our draft pick.

I don't think Calderon is gone though. I don't see a scenario where we can lose a veteran PG who knows the offence (except for maybe in a trade for Steph Curry or Ty Lawson). Lets say they grab either Harrison Barnes or Derrick Williams in the draft to fill the SF position. Then I'd say:

Gone are Weems, Wright, Ajinca.

Use the remaining money to bring in a young center. That Hibbert trade is looking worse and worse as we move on...
        Welp, that sucked.

Comment

No point musing about this until Colangelo's status is settled. Is someone looking for a gig writing for Bleacher Report?

Comment

Hmm, what was the Hibbert trade again?

Comment

sillydebate wrote: View Post
              No point musing about this until Colangelo's status is settled. Is someone looking for a gig writing for Bleacher Report?
              Why no point? This board is 99% musing.

Comment

My prediction is that they make few trades and other than the six expiring contract which may be renewed you won't see many trades outside of Barbosa being moved... I'm not sold on Bargnani being moved. Colangelo does not have a track record of dealing talented players who he's drafted and signed.

Comment

This thread looks awfully familliar.

Anyways, I'd say anyone and everyone should be made available. I think as for who's gone for sure - those who's contracts are up: Evans, Weems, Ajinca, Dorsey, Wright.

Comment

Now here is the real pickle, if we draft a wing, could we shop Demar? I mean, if someone offered us a crazy deal? Could it happen?

Comment

Obviously all speculation so I can only offer my opinions and/or hopes:

Alabi - gone (hope)
                      Ajinca - stay (hope)
                      Barbosa - stay (opinion)
                      Bargnani - stay (opinion)
                      Bayless - depends on draft
                      Calderon - gone (hope)
                      Davis - stay (opinion/hope)
                      DeRozan - stay (opinion/hope)
                      Dorsey - gone (opinion)
                      Evans - gone (opinion)
                      A. Johnson - stay (hope/opinion)
                      J. Johnson - stay (hope/opinion)
                      Kleiza - stay (fact - lol)
                      Weems - gone (opinion/hope)
                      Wright - gone (opinion)

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                        Now here is the real pickle, if we draft a wing, could we shop Demar? I mean, if someone offered us a crazy deal? Could it happen?
                        I hope not. Makes us hypocrites in a way. We complain about players not wanting to come to Toronto, or leaving teams and all. And we just ship a guy who loves it here. I personally hope he plays his entire career here, along with Ed Davis.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Obviously all speculation so I can only offer my opinions and/or hopes:

Alabi - gone (hope)
                          Ajinca - stay (hope)
                          Barbosa - stay (opinion)
                          Bargnani - stay (opinion)
                          Bayless - depends on draft
                          Calderon - gone (hope)
                          Davis - stay (opinion/hope)
                          DeRozan - stay (opinion/hope)
                          Dorsey - gone (opinion)
                          Evans - gone (opinion)
                          A. Johnson - stay (hope/opinion)
                          J. Johnson - stay (hope/opinion)
                          Kleiza - stay (fact - lol)
                          Weems - gone (opinion/hope)
                          Wright - gone (opinion)
                          Wow, looking at your list I agree 1000% except with the Amir part. I think it might be better to trade him to help Big Ed develop, but I doubt alot of GM's want that contract, unless he's bundled with Calderon.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                            Everyone has a price. Depends on what was offered. And if it wasn't a good deal for this team in the here and now as well as for the future, then it's a deal that shouldn't be made.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              Everyone has a price. Depends on what was offered. And if it wasn't a good deal for this team in the here and now as well as for the future, then it's a deal that shouldn't be made.
                              What about Caldy and Demar for Ray Felton and Danilo?

Comment

Working...
                              X