Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chrischris wrote: View Post
    Matt (or anyone else that wants to answer):
    Why do you like Ajinca? He hasn't received much playing time...but when he does, he looks akward and slow. I dont see what others are seeing...
    Every team needs a project. The Raptors right now is Alabi. Personally, I think he is about as useful and mobile as a piece of 2x4.

Ajinca is a low risk high reward. He is only 22, a legit 7 footer, has not had a lot of playing time, is agile/mobile, has a nice shooting touch, has shown ability to block shots, and has shown ability to rebound. I'm not seeing him as a future star but I think he could develop in to something decent in the right environment.

Comment

Every year its the same story, this thread is useless because after this mini rebuilding, Colangelo will be gungho about making this team compete for the playoff next season like he did in his first official season in Toronto.

Comment

The fact that he didn't pull the trigger at the deadline to me suggests an official rebuild is underway. In the past he was in a scramble to retain Bosh and save his hide. Bosh is gone and if Colangelo is here this summer then his hide is save long term.

In his first season he put together a nice club that looked to have good potential long term. There was no quick fix. Parker and Garbajosa were relatively young and he was trying to get John Salmons here. Too bad God was against it...

Comment

I think the Raps really need to re-evaluate the core, determine who they want to stay for the rebuild and make everybody else available. This team needs stability. They have to stick with a starting 5 for every night, and not change it for every game.

But everything entirely depends on whether BC stays or not. If BC stays, Bargs, Kleiza, Amir, Ed, Demar, Barbosa, JJ, Alabi, Ajinca and Bayless stays, Calderon and the others are gone. I really believe that BC is determined to ship Calderon out, rumors have come out in the past and the botched trade only reinforced those rumors. There was nothing special that happened between the botched trade and now that swayed the decision for calderon to be traded, IMO.

If BC is out, DD, Ed, Amir and Bayless are for sure to stay, with Bargs, Kleiza and Calderon on the fence just because of their contracts, but the others are probably going to be traded. I think one of the positives with BC is his ability to trade players, regardless of contracts, so if he is replaced, i doubt the incoming GM will already have the moxy to trade such big contract players.

If they make me GM, Ill build around DD, Ed, Amir and JJ and get rid of the others. Id maybe keep Bargs just to piss off everybody here, hahaha kidding, i still thinking he has a lot of upside he can bring to this team, but he is a piece, not "the" piece. If possible, ill sign reggie to the vets min. Trade Barbosa in the hopes he gets waived and sign him to the vets min as well.
          But this is why im not and will never be a GM, hehehe

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
            Danilo and JR Smith for DD and Caldy.
            • The brawl at the Palace
            • The reckless driving which killed his passenger friend
            • The night club incident
            • Many minor incidences beside which put his character into question

Why do the Raptors want that?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              • The brawl at the Palace
              • The reckless driving which killed his passenger friend
              • The night club incident
              • Many minor incidences beside which put his character into question

Why do the Raptors want that?
              He's a damn good player.

BUT

I think JT could not keep him in check. We would need a hard nose coach. I'm interested in Felton as other posters have noted too, he could be a good fit here.

Comment

He's got all-star talent. I don't think he'll ever reach his potential though because his flaws will prevent that. I also don't think Colangelo has a history of taking on problematic players. Marbury is the exception but he added Marbury before Marbury's issues were known.

Comment

Albai is a project and he's on a very guaranteed small contract, he's not going anywhere

Comment

Alabi was taken in the second round so his contract is not guaranteed.

Comment

I don't know why everyone is so down on Solo. He's a developmental player and for now just rides the bench. You need guys with small contracts to ride the bench, when do you ever play all your dudes? Sign him for cheap.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        I don't know why everyone is so down on Solo. He's a developmental player and for now just rides the bench. You need guys with small contracts to ride the bench, when do you ever play all your dudes? Sign him for cheap.
                        The few minutes I've seen he has looked like a stiff - literally. There is no fluidity to his movements and he does not appear very athletic. On the boards guys have literally gone around him or over him to get the ball. If he was 18 or 19 I could understand but he is 22 with 3 years of NCAA ball. I think what you see is what you get.

Ajinca is the same age and has played less ball the last 3 years than Alabi. If we are reserving a roster spot for a project at the C, I'd rather it be Ajinca.

Comment

Watch footage of Nene in his rookie year
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            Watch footage of Nene in his rookie year
                            Nene was 20 in his rookie year and averaged 10.5pts/6.1rebs/1.6stl/0.8blk in 28 minutes per game.

Comment

Ajinca and Wright are gone, maybe Weems and Barbosa also. I don't see a trade happening but an off-season where Colangelo doesn't do something is unheard of.
                              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                              X