Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for Calderon to go.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Time for Calderon to go.

    Via Twitter:

    BC, trade him this offseason or before next year's deadline, please. An injury plagued 2012-2013 is sure to follow.

  • #2
    +1
    This needs to be done. I'm tired of getting blown out by opposing team's PG's going off on us.
    Tired of "Calderon's defense was pretty good until Ty Lawson/Rose/Rondo/J Nelson/D Fisher went off"

    Comment


    • #3
      I only want to see him moved if the team can get value for him... If Calderon leaves they need two capable PGs coming in this off-season instead of one.

      Comment


      • #4
        Depending on the Raps placement in the draft they could conceivably add a point guard that would be a strong contender for a lot of playing time, if not starting. The challenge with moving Calderon is avoiding a stinker contract or body coming back. The deal with the Hornets would have spared us that, but Jordan nixed it. Hard to determine if Calderon has the value that the Raptors or their fans would hope. The best chance may not occur until deadline time next season.

        Comment


        • #5
          sillydebate wrote: View Post
          Depending on the Raps placement in the draft they could conceivably add a point guard that would be a strong contender for a lot of playing time, if not starting. The challenge with moving Calderon is avoiding a stinker contract or body coming back. The deal with the Hornets would have spared us that, but Jordan nixed it. Hard to determine if Calderon has the value that the Raptors or their fans would hope. The best chance may not occur until deadline time next season.
          A PG who very rarely turns it over more than twice a game, consistently gives 8-11 assists per game, shoots a high percentage from the line, field and 3? I can almost guarentee the Lakers would LOVE to have a guy like Calderon. Any contending team for that matter. I'd take Calderon over Andre Miller, Derek Fisher, Steve Blake, Mike Bibby etc.

          Comment


          • #6
            Apollo wrote: View Post
            I only want to see him moved if the team can get value for him... If Calderon leaves they need two capable PGs coming in this off-season instead of one.
            Not high on Barbosa/Calderon?
            @sweatpantsjer

            Comment


            • #7
              joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              A PG who very rarely turns it over more than twice a game, consistently gives 8-11 assists per game, shoots a high percentage from the line, field and 3? I can almost guarentee the Lakers would LOVE to have a guy like Calderon. Any contending team for that matter. I'd take Calderon over Andre Miller, Derek Fisher, Steve Blake, Mike Bibby etc.
              Afraid a lot of the negative sentiment is because of his salary and the effect it has on the cap. Its too bad because he does have value and a team guy...but @ 9 per? The players you mention dont come close to making his money. Its also time for Jose to rest his body in the summer and give up on this yearly grind he is insistent on. I think he has done his part for Spain as Nash has for Canada.

              Comment


              • #8
                I say get a good PG from the draft and keep calderon to metor him.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Multipaul wrote: View Post
                  +1
                  This needs to be done. I'm tired of getting blown out by opposing team's PG's going off on us.
                  Tired of "Calderon's defense was pretty good until Ty Lawson/Rose/Rondo/J Nelson/D Fisher went off"
                  Lmao, until Jose and Bargs (or at least one) are traded by the used car salesman selling koolaid in BC, this team will continue to be a joke in this league.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    smushmush wrote: View Post
                    Lmao, until Jose and Bargs are traded by the used car salesman selling koolaid in BC, this team will continue to be a joke in this league.
                    Deep breathe brother. In..out...Deepak Chopra..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Sick of Calderon....

                      I totally agree...get him out of here...2 years left on his contract,plus labour dispute coming up could be 1 and half or less...I'm just sick of his FACE....
                      Same goes for Bargnani,Barbarosa,Klieza,Weems....just go away with Triano.
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                        I totally agree...get him out of here...2 years left on his contract,plus labour dispute coming up could be 1 and half or less...I'm just sick of his FACE....
                        Same goes for Bargnani,Barbarosa,Klieza,Weems....just go away with Triano.
                        I agree with all those players besides Barbosa.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think we keep Jose till we have someone better. Don't move him just speculating on a rookie or someone who's around his level. When we have someone who is better, Jose can come off the bench and provide a real spark. Off the bench it would be hard to find someone better.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            ceez wrote: View Post
                            Not high on Barbosa/Calderon?
                            Most people have conceded that Barbosa will be dealt because he doesn't fit with a rebuilding project.

                            It's Bayless that I'm not high on. He may get there but he ain't there now. Teams need two good PGs, especially those teams who have a starting PG who historically has had to fight through many injuries.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              ceez wrote: View Post
                              Not high on Barbosa/Calderon?
                              Barbosa is a black hole and should not be playing PG, the only reason he should be allowed to this year, is because he is the lesser of two 'B'evils....

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X